January 25, 2015 | 2091 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by chezkamag

I dont know why so many other reviewers were complaining that this was hard to apply to their face, i.e. too crumbly and dry... Read the directions people! You're supposed to add a few drops of water and mix it in your hands first.

I like this scrub, but I'm not 100% in love with it. It exfoliates well while also being gentle on the skin, but I feel like the jar can be a little unsanitary unless you're careful about using only clean hands to scoop the product, and replacing the lid quickly. Because of the style of packaging, I would not recommend using this scrub in the shower. The box even says to not add water to the jar.

I use a regular cleanser then follow with the scrub. It makes my skin feel very soft and moisturized because of the natural oils in there, so be aware of this if you are acne prone. It personally does not break me out, but I do use my acne meds after this.

The scrub doesnt really smell like citrus.. More like pumpkin pie spice. I love pumpkin pie, but I was expecting it to smell like oranges. Overall, I would buy this again, but at 8 dollars a jar I will only use it every couple to few days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried a few products that were recommended by Kandee Johnson and this is the best of those I tried.

This very thick scrub smells and even has a similar consistency to gingerbread cookie dough. The scrub is very rich, you can really smell and feel the natural oils. It is not drying or astringent at all, so if you are looking for a "squeaky clean" feel this will not give you that. Even after rinsing well in the shower it leaves a very thin film on the skin. I like it because I have dry skin, and put my night time moisturizers on right over the top. I wake up with super smooth, soft skin.

I use it almost daily so it is not harsh at all and I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. I will definitely re-purchase, although a little goes a long way. I wish it came in a tube because I like to use it in the shower and since its an oily product I would much rather not deal with wet glass and screw top lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by djchera69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product!! Organic natural and leaves my face soft and exfoliated. I do use this after I wash my face with a salicylic acid scrub because my face is acne prone. I finally found a good regimen for my face.
Update 9/25/11 Still using this scrub, still love it! Do not have to use a salicylic acid wash anymore! My face is clear with almost no breakouts (except for the hormonal ones here and there) I use this scrub every night! I have never had such clear skin before this scrub. I did however take about 4 months of using it to clear my face completely so patience is key!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

In a word, yuck. I bought this scrub in the recommendation of my fave youtube guru, Kandee Johnson. She uses this every day. I scrub my face every day as well, but I am always switching up my scrubs, looking for that HG. This is NOT it. I do appreciate the all natural aspect, but that is all. It is crumbly and hard to scoop out of the jar. It smells weird, like cloves, which I personally do not like. There is no foam or lather either, which I am not used to. This is going back to the store. I will continue my search!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by slew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a back to school burts bees package. I'm so happy I did not buy a full size. Its so crumbly there was more on the counter than my face. The pakaging sucks ( who wants to dig in a jar to put this on your face) after using it my face felt oily. I tossed this after the 1st use.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

I want to like Burt's Bees products. I really do. I have received a lot a sampler kits as gifts, and every time I am excited to try a more natural product. But, sadly, I am always disappointed.

This scrub is terrible. Thick, difficult to spread. I felt like I was playing tug of war with my face trying to get it on. After rinsing, my face felt dirty and coated with a film. Really nasty stuff... I only tried it once and never again. Went in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by roxannemelfina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't found a better face scrub, but I have had exfoliating washes that did better. It came in a set at Barnes & Noble, which I would likely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by shannon02013

I love this exfoliant. I have combination skin and it works great for me. It gets rid of any excess dry skin and is okay to use when you have a flaky dried out zit (gross, I know. But we've all had these)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Not bad but not great.

PROS:
-smells like ginger bread cookies
-organic
-not too rough
-cute container
-last a long time
-little goes a long way
-non irritating
-non drying, actually add a nice amount of moisture

CONS:
-doesn't exfoliate well, i think the grains are too big. I think a more fine scrub works better
-looks kinda gross, but really thats not a big deal
-messy application, having to mix w/ water and what not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update: Once I figured out how to use this scrub ~ I really like it. It lasts a lot longer than I originally thought. It makes my skin so soft and silky. The smell is a little odd, but if you can get past the scent it is worth it.

Not impressed ~ I had to figure out how much water and how much scrub to use. It is much more natural than any other scrub that I have ever used, and the smell is odd. It left my face soft and it doesn't "over scrub" your skin. I think it's expensive for the amount that you receive. I like my cheap St. Ives Warming Scrub better. I will use this product, but I won't buy this again...