NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 2/18/2014 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

While I love to use this as a base for eyeshadow (over a primer), I have a hard time using it because it tends to crease on me. I've been experimenting with different shadows and pigments though, and some work better than others.

As a base, it works really well as it definitely makes other colours pop. I find it works especially well under matte and bright shades. I usually apply it to my entire lid and blend it out with my finger or a synthetic brush.

The packaging however, is not the best. The lid cracked even before I had used the pen the first time. Yes, it's cheap, but I would've expected something a little better.

on 2/11/2014 1:39:00 PM

For the most part, I can only echo what other people have said about using this under eyeshadow to make the colors more intense: it works like a dream for that. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I don't have to use it with a primer because as long as you just put just a bit on your lid and spread it into a thin layer it won't crease. It's easy to overdo and you can wind up with white lids, but some people might like that. I make sure I blot my lids and get any excess oil off before I apply this, and while it glides on nicely, it dries to a nice dry matte finish and sets. This helps me get so much more use out of colors that are ordinarily too sheer to use. Love it!

on 2/10/2014 10:56:00 AM

this is a GREAT eyeshadow base especially when you want colors to pop. when I do my eyeshade I usually start by using too faced shadow insurance and then I color all over my eyelid with the milk pencil and begin to apply eyeshadow I feel it really makes a huge difference in the appearance of your eyeshadow color. its also great for putting on your water line when you want to make your eyes pop! The only draw back is that its kind of hard to sharpen it doesn't sharpen like a normal pencil would sharpen.

on 2/8/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've wanted a few of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, but I didn't have a sharpener large enough until now. When I want to change the color of my brows, concealer and shadow doesn't do it for me because I have really dark, thick hairs. However, putting Milk over the hairs does the trick! This pencil is so opaque and creamy, and I'm so glad I got it! It makes a great base for your lid shadows as well.

on 2/1/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so I know I am going to be contradicting myself a bit here since I buy it a lot, I do love the product. Like everyone else said, it makes bright colors pop more than using a nude or flesh colored primer. It is VERY soft in texture and I love how you can line your water line with it too because it is so soft...with this however, is the danger zone. Its so creamy it can melt out of the pencil very easily, and sharpening it can be a bit of a nightmare. I think if you wanna use it as a primer they have the pot of white base. I tried the white auto liner and didn't have the same creamy texture to line water line properly. So using a mini brush sometimes helps. If you live somewhere warm, throwing it in the fridge may help. I love the name by the way, milk sounds so creamy and yummy ^___^ for 5-6 bucks its not bad!

on 1/24/2014 7:28:00 AM

Love to use this as a base for all of my eyeshadows, I just find the colours end up so much more vibrant with this underneath! Its really easy to use and apply! No weird scents and I had no reaction to it. I never have used an eyeshadow primer and using this as a base still with no primer really helps the colours to last longer and not crease!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

the white cream base it has is amazing when you use bright bold colors. it really makes tge colors pop and look very bright

on 1/18/2014 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If you don't have it, get it now!! It's amazing. It has great pigmentation and a nice smooth texture to for highlighting the eyes and for priming lids for other eyeshadows. The packaging is sturdy and you get a lot of product for $5. I should have bought more...

Edit: Oh and I have oily lids but it stays on fine even w/o a primer. It helps my other eyeshadows show up and stay on for longer

on 1/6/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

All I have to ask is, where the hell have I been?! I used Milk as a base for the first time today with a purple eyeshadow and all I have to say is - POW!! This shadow SERIOUSLY came to life! I don't see this pencil lasting that long so I better stock up. I know I could probably go the fancy hoity-toity route with a MAC Paint Pot but if it ain't broke - and it won't break my bank account - don't fix it! The NYX Jumbo pencil is affordable and does a sensational job! It's a holy grail eyeshadow base for me now!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this!! It stays on all day If you wear it alone and works great as a base under eyeshadow. I just love the NYX jumbo eye pencils!