Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna)

on 3/27/2010 2:05:00 AM

Check out the Jimmy CoCo review on Beauty Undercover for sunless tans!

on 3/21/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've used every self tanner to come across the market in the last 20 years that they've been around. I mean every one, Clarins, EL, Clinique, L'Oreal, Hawaiian Tropic, Jergens, etc. Previously, L'oreal sublime had been my favorite. Until I tried this Banana Boat.

The color is AWESOME. It's not orange, and it's not sparkly. It doesn't sting my skin or appear to have a bunch of silicone in it, which totally irritates my skin and clogs my pores. The color is like a real tan--brown, not orange, not orangey-brown. But, and I must emphasize this greatly--this "deep dark "is indeed like a medium to dark tan on medium skin. It's not for the PPP. For that, I would consult L'Oreal Sublime for Fair tones.

The consistency of the cream is somewhat...thick and tacky, I guess. I would prefer that it were somewhat thinner and more moisturizing, but this is a true ST not a moisturizer. If you have super, super dry skin you might want to moisturize first. I use it on my face, but be forewarned there too--it's tinted, so that color will sit (like any tinted ST) in every pore on your face. I would ignore that, exfoliate the face a little bit, and moisturize. It doesn't cause zits, it's just the bronzer part of it settling into pores.

Awesome, and so cheap. I get it at the dreaded "Evil Empire" (Walmart) for about $8, i think. Took a packaging lippie off for the cap, which clogs.

on 2/18/2010 1:58:00 PM

this is the only self tanner i will use. its a great product. it doesnt leave my skin orange and streaky (well if i apply it correctly) like all the other ones ive used do. i can only find it at walmart, nowhere else. hmm. but it doesnt bother me cuz this is on my must have list :)

on 2/3/2010 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is hardcore! Perfect dark color after first application. It dries fast, feels just like a lotion, and seems to be fairly streak-free. I love how this is far cheaper than my L'oreal Sublime bronze.

Use sparingly around elbows and fingers to avoid an orangey-tinge. Other than that, this is my new tanning HG! continued >>

on 1/8/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

perfect..brown.shows up with first application--even AFTER color guard washes off..and cheap too!!!!!!!!

A++++++++++++++ been using this stuff for years!!!!!!!!!!!

on 11/2/2009 3:12:00 PM

WOW! I LOVED THIS PRODUCT! IT IS VERY CHEAP AND I HAVE TRIED SUNLESS TANNING, OTHER BRAND SELFTANNERS ADN THIS IS THE BEST FOR MY SKINTONE DOES NOT LEAVE ME STREAKY OR ORANGEY. I TOOK PICS OF MYSELF TO SEE IF I MAYBE LOOKED ORANGE IN THE PICS, AND IT DIDNT. First time in yrs that i find a self tanner that isnt EXPENSIVE and actually work with my skin. its made outta henna and is oil free which makes it not streak. The PACKAGING IS ALRIGHT BUT WHO REALLY CARES as long as if its on your skin with no streak and no orange tone. I actually got it because i had seen good review about it here. Im defenitely not going to change it. Oh ya and when i take a shower it does come off a bit but i just re apply it and then it looks even all over again. I LOVE IT AND FOR THE PRICE. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this sunless tanner! I'm already medium toned and started using this once a week to give me a sunkissed glow. I mix it with my fav tanning salon moisturizer(AG's Body Kisses) and it comes out perfect everytime! No streaks or orangey-ness. It gives me golden caramel skin just like the real sun would! Love it, it's so cheap too. I can tan so easily at a salon, but this stuff is saving me from that<3

on 9/6/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Overall this is a really good self tanner, it is really cheap, about $6 I think. It gives you a really dark tan really really quick. It doesn't last very long though, you have to reapply it at least once a week to maintain it. Since it is so dark if you have really pale skin like me then the first time you use it, it can get pretty streaky if your not careful. To prevent it exfoliate all over and apply moisturizer the night before. The day you apply it moisturize about 20 minutes before and then apply it. It doesn't stink too bad like a lot of tanners, it smells a bit like soap at first but after time it turns and smells like classic self tanner. Overall I like it a lot because it gets you so dark so fast.

on 12/7/2008 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im on my twentieth bottle of this stuff...it is absolutely the best. i have tried everything....clarins, lancome, chanel, shishiedo, loreal, fake bake blah blah. this gives the least streaks, the DARKEST COLOR and the least effort! you just slap it on...so low maintenance. and it doesnt stink! i always get compliments on my tan...even in the winter. its a gorgeous red brown color and looks golden in other lightings. hope this helps!!

on 7/29/2008 9:27:00 PM

I bought this self tanner to use before a wedding as I was wearing a knee length dress and have ridiculous pale legs. I got this at Wal-mart for only like $5.97, which I thought was a pretty decent price. I went to sunless.com and followed their tips to first apply this to my legs a few days before the wedding in case it turned out bad, it would have a while to wear off. Well it looked good and I was pretty pleased. Not really what I would consider to be "deep dark" in color, but a subtle natural looking slight tan. Better than my pasty pale legs, for sure. I had a couple of orangey spots around my ankles and feet, but I think that was my fault due to the way I applied it. I then decided the night before the wedding I would go ahead and do my legs again to darken them up and my arms as well this time. My legs were fine, but my arms came out a little spotty. I had some weird spots, were I think I may have gotten some water on my arms when I washed off my hands. I don't know but it looked weird, so I tried to fix it the next morning (because I didn't realize it was this way the night before because I went to sleep pretty soon after I applied). Well that wasn't really a good idea, because then I looked like a had little bruises on the spots I tried to cover up. I also had a definite line where I washed my hands. From the wrist up, it looked dark, but not below that.
I have never used any self tanners before, so I am definitely not an expert and some of my less than perfect results might have been from my lack experience. Now that is has had a few days to fade, I kinda feel like I appear to have leprosy or something. I look real splotchy :( UGH. But I guess it did its job for the wedding which was my goal. I would not use this agian though, I feel like its just too unnatural to be believeable. I would rather just embrace my paleness in the future!

Top Rated Banana Boat Products