December 21, 2014 | 1915 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is hardcore! Perfect dark color after first application. It dries fast, feels just like a lotion, and seems to be fairly streak-free. I love how this is far cheaper than my L'oreal Sublime bronze.

Use sparingly around elbows and fingers to avoid an orangey-tinge. Other than that, this is my new tanning HG! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

perfect..brown.shows up with first application--even AFTER color guard washes off..and cheap too!!!!!!!!

A++++++++++++++ been using this stuff for years!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by eyejewell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I LOVED THIS PRODUCT! IT IS VERY CHEAP AND I HAVE TRIED SUNLESS TANNING, OTHER BRAND SELFTANNERS ADN THIS IS THE BEST FOR MY SKINTONE DOES NOT LEAVE ME STREAKY OR ORANGEY. I TOOK PICS OF MYSELF TO SEE IF I MAYBE LOOKED ORANGE IN THE PICS, AND IT DIDNT. First time in yrs that i find a self tanner that isnt EXPENSIVE and actually work with my skin. its made outta henna and is oil free which makes it not streak. The PACKAGING IS ALRIGHT BUT WHO REALLY CARES as long as if its on your skin with no streak and no orange tone. I actually got it because i had seen good review about it here. Im defenitely not going to change it. Oh ya and when i take a shower it does come off a bit but i just re apply it and then it looks even all over again. I LOVE IT AND FOR THE PRICE. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ImperfectAngelxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this sunless tanner! I'm already medium toned and started using this once a week to give me a sunkissed glow. I mix it with my fav tanning salon moisturizer(AG's Body Kisses) and it comes out perfect everytime! No streaks or orangey-ness. It gives me golden caramel skin just like the real sun would! Love it, it's so cheap too. I can tan so easily at a salon, but this stuff is saving me from that<3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall this is a really good self tanner, it is really cheap, about $6 I think. It gives you a really dark tan really really quick. It doesn't last very long though, you have to reapply it at least once a week to maintain it. Since it is so dark if you have really pale skin like me then the first time you use it, it can get pretty streaky if your not careful. To prevent it exfoliate all over and apply moisturizer the night before. The day you apply it moisturize about 20 minutes before and then apply it. It doesn't stink too bad like a lot of tanners, it smells a bit like soap at first but after time it turns and smells like classic self tanner. Overall I like it a lot because it gets you so dark so fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by rose74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im on my twentieth bottle of this stuff...it is absolutely the best. i have tried everything....clarins, lancome, chanel, shishiedo, loreal, fake bake blah blah. this gives the least streaks, the DARKEST COLOR and the least effort! you just slap it on...so low maintenance. and it doesnt stink! i always get compliments on my tan...even in the winter. its a gorgeous red brown color and looks golden in other lightings. hope this helps!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Emkat8

I bought this self tanner to use before a wedding as I was wearing a knee length dress and have ridiculous pale legs. I got this at Wal-mart for only like $5.97, which I thought was a pretty decent price. I went to sunless.com and followed their tips to first apply this to my legs a few days before the wedding in case it turned out bad, it would have a while to wear off. Well it looked good and I was pretty pleased. Not really what I would consider to be "deep dark" in color, but a subtle natural looking slight tan. Better than my pasty pale legs, for sure. I had a couple of orangey spots around my ankles and feet, but I think that was my fault due to the way I applied it. I then decided the night before the wedding I would go ahead and do my legs again to darken them up and my arms as well this time. My legs were fine, but my arms came out a little spotty. I had some weird spots, were I think I may have gotten some water on my arms when I washed off my hands. I don't know but it looked weird, so I tried to fix it the next morning (because I didn't realize it was this way the night before because I went to sleep pretty soon after I applied). Well that wasn't really a good idea, because then I looked like a had little bruises on the spots I tried to cover up. I also had a definite line where I washed my hands. From the wrist up, it looked dark, but not below that.
I have never used any self tanners before, so I am definitely not an expert and some of my less than perfect results might have been from my lack experience. Now that is has had a few days to fade, I kinda feel like I appear to have leprosy or something. I look real splotchy :( UGH. But I guess it did its job for the wedding which was my goal. I would not use this agian though, I feel like its just too unnatural to be believeable. I would rather just embrace my paleness in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by 1110

This is the best st out there for a deep dark tan that actually looks natural like you spent a week at the islands. I find two days of applying gives me a nice brown tan. Best to apply to clean skin. Here in NJ I can only find it at Walmart next door in NY state. Wish my local drugstores carried it though none do.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by moncli

Alone this isn't the be all, end all of ST's, but in conjunction with the Banana Boat spray the combo is awesome. This lotion itself is the darkest ST I've found but a teeny bit orange...still way more brown than most on me. I LOVE the color of the spray but don't get quite dark enough so....I use the spray to get the best brown, the next day use this lotion to darken it, and it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A huge 'thumbs up' for this one! I bought this because of the positive reviews here on MUA. Glad I did!!

This one provides a great dark color, non streaking and dries VERY fast - faster than I have ever seen. Instant bronzer but it's pretty light. Takes about 4 hours to develop your 'tan'. I just did one application and I was very happy with the results so I left it at that. The smell is strange (all of them are!) but I could care less - it is a great tanner!! The color is a golden brown, not orange. VERY natural looking. In fact, I held my arm up next to my sis who tans at the salon regularly and I was just a half a shade lighter and just as even and brown looking. So this is my new HG of ST's! Cheap on Ebay, cheap elsewhere too. :)