April 21, 2014 | 1283 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ImperfectAngelxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this sunless tanner! I'm already medium toned and started using this once a week to give me a sunkissed glow. I mix it with my fav tanning salon moisturizer(AG's Body Kisses) and it comes out perfect everytime! No streaks or orangey-ness. It gives me golden caramel skin just like the real sun would! Love it, it's so cheap too. I can tan so easily at a salon, but this stuff is saving me from that<3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall this is a really good self tanner, it is really cheap, about $6 I think. It gives you a really dark tan really really quick. It doesn't last very long though, you have to reapply it at least once a week to maintain it. Since it is so dark if you have really pale skin like me then the first time you use it, it can get pretty streaky if your not careful. To prevent it exfoliate all over and apply moisturizer the night before. The day you apply it moisturize about 20 minutes before and then apply it. It doesn't stink too bad like a lot of tanners, it smells a bit like soap at first but after time it turns and smells like classic self tanner. Overall I like it a lot because it gets you so dark so fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by rose74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im on my twentieth bottle of this stuff...it is absolutely the best. i have tried everything....clarins, lancome, chanel, shishiedo, loreal, fake bake blah blah. this gives the least streaks, the DARKEST COLOR and the least effort! you just slap it on...so low maintenance. and it doesnt stink! i always get compliments on my tan...even in the winter. its a gorgeous red brown color and looks golden in other lightings. hope this helps!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Emkat8

I bought this self tanner to use before a wedding as I was wearing a knee length dress and have ridiculous pale legs. I got this at Wal-mart for only like $5.97, which I thought was a pretty decent price. I went to sunless.com and followed their tips to first apply this to my legs a few days before the wedding in case it turned out bad, it would have a while to wear off. Well it looked good and I was pretty pleased. Not really what I would consider to be "deep dark" in color, but a subtle natural looking slight tan. Better than my pasty pale legs, for sure. I had a couple of orangey spots around my ankles and feet, but I think that was my fault due to the way I applied it. I then decided the night before the wedding I would go ahead and do my legs again to darken them up and my arms as well this time. My legs were fine, but my arms came out a little spotty. I had some weird spots, were I think I may have gotten some water on my arms when I washed off my hands. I don't know but it looked weird, so I tried to fix it the next morning (because I didn't realize it was this way the night before because I went to sleep pretty soon after I applied). Well that wasn't really a good idea, because then I looked like a had little bruises on the spots I tried to cover up. I also had a definite line where I washed my hands. From the wrist up, it looked dark, but not below that.
I have never used any self tanners before, so I am definitely not an expert and some of my less than perfect results might have been from my lack experience. Now that is has had a few days to fade, I kinda feel like I appear to have leprosy or something. I look real splotchy :( UGH. But I guess it did its job for the wedding which was my goal. I would not use this agian though, I feel like its just too unnatural to be believeable. I would rather just embrace my paleness in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by 1110

This is the best st out there for a deep dark tan that actually looks natural like you spent a week at the islands. I find two days of applying gives me a nice brown tan. Best to apply to clean skin. Here in NJ I can only find it at Walmart next door in NY state. Wish my local drugstores carried it though none do.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by moncli

Alone this isn't the be all, end all of ST's, but in conjunction with the Banana Boat spray the combo is awesome. This lotion itself is the darkest ST I've found but a teeny bit orange...still way more brown than most on me. I LOVE the color of the spray but don't get quite dark enough so....I use the spray to get the best brown, the next day use this lotion to darken it, and it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A huge 'thumbs up' for this one! I bought this because of the positive reviews here on MUA. Glad I did!!

This one provides a great dark color, non streaking and dries VERY fast - faster than I have ever seen. Instant bronzer but it's pretty light. Takes about 4 hours to develop your 'tan'. I just did one application and I was very happy with the results so I left it at that. The smell is strange (all of them are!) but I could care less - it is a great tanner!! The color is a golden brown, not orange. VERY natural looking. In fact, I held my arm up next to my sis who tans at the salon regularly and I was just a half a shade lighter and just as even and brown looking. So this is my new HG of ST's! Cheap on Ebay, cheap elsewhere too. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 5:45:00 AM More reviews by linghu84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have only tried the light/medium color one. It works pretty well. I have tried many self tanner. Neutrogena, L'oreal, Clarins, etc...This product give me a really nice and even color and the smell is not bad compare to some like Clarins. However, I have noticed that if I apply lotion before applying this, I won't get much color. So I suggest apply this right after shower or exfoliating and then apply your body lotion or cream. I just purchased the dark one and hopefully it will not give me streaks. I think overall this is a really nice product with an unbeatable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MsPatricia

I love this product! In the Deep Dark tint, the Medium tint doesn't give me enough colour. Good price. Very natural looking tan. Scent is not bad, better than other brands of self tanner I have used. Just one application always gets me compliments & inquires of "Wow! Where do you tan at?!" A must have for summe!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoa! As a Capricorn i am innately skeptical of most everything, especially ST's, however this one is amazing! I don't know about everyone else, but i get so tired of moisturizing every day with the gradual tanners, and they never really get you anywhere...just past the point of pale. I read these reviews and thought YES! All i ever want is to be a bronzed goddess, and NO! I don't think this one will work either! SO last night i exfoliated with plain sugar, shaved and then applied palmers cocoa butter all over after i was dry. Made dinner while my lotion soaked in and then started applying the banana boat ST. I used gloves like some people have recommended and worked up my body section by section. The bronze color is very helpful in eliminating streaks ( you really can see this one) and the texture is nice and smooth. Also, the instant gratification is great! I already felt golden :) I used the deep dark on my legs and stomach/back and the light/medium formula on my chest/arms/shoulders in case the deep dark turned out ridiculous looking. I added a little more cocoa butter all over to aid in blending, and hopped in bed after i had dried. This morning i threw off my covers like it was christmas morning and staring back at me where my normally pink pasty legs are were these golden brown gams! Further investigation showed a browned tummy and softly golden arms. No streaks. Seriously no streaks! Not even on my feet which is usually inevitable. I will do a second coat tonight! So to all the pale girls out there, this is not too dark- as it doesn't streak or look orange, but does give noticeable color after one application. If you want a 'TAN' this is the one. BB I salute you!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No