Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna)

on 4/29/2010 12:23:00 AM

Bought this product after reading review on MA. I naturally have a medium complexion so I wasn't concerned about this tanner being too dark. In fact I think I may need two applications to achieve the color I want. It's a believable tan too, I don't notice any orange tint. Odor is not terrible like Jergens. Dried a little sticky to the touch but did not seem to rub off on my clothes. I exfoliated and moisturized prior to application, rubbing in in a circular motion and didn't get streaks. Consistency is not runny and the tube works for the product, nothing fancy but it works. I bought it at walmart for around 6 dollars. Overall I will def. be buying this product again.

on 4/26/2010 11:00:00 PM

So I hardly ever write reviews but I feel I had to on this self tanner. I have to say that if you are wanting to look like you just got back from the beach, this is the stuff. After one application I was quite dark even on my somewhat pale skin. I even had to wear a darker foundation after one application. Surprisingly the smell isn't that bad. There are alot of other self tanners out there that smell way worse. The downside of this lotion, for me, is the application for my feet and hands. Because it is so dark, without careful application, your feet and hands will look super odd. The first time I used it I looked like I had tan sleeves. lol Also wash your hands half way through application. This prevented orange fingers. Overall the color is great and streak free. I will continue to use this product very carefully though.

on 4/19/2010 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Waaay too dark for my skin tone. It looked very orange and did streak some. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the Light/Medium shade.

on 3/27/2010 2:05:00 AM

Check out the Jimmy CoCo review on Beauty Undercover for sunless tans!

on 3/21/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've used every self tanner to come across the market in the last 20 years that they've been around. I mean every one, Clarins, EL, Clinique, L'Oreal, Hawaiian Tropic, Jergens, etc. Previously, L'oreal sublime had been my favorite. Until I tried this Banana Boat.

The color is AWESOME. It's not orange, and it's not sparkly. It doesn't sting my skin or appear to have a bunch of silicone in it, which totally irritates my skin and clogs my pores. The color is like a real tan--brown, not orange, not orangey-brown. But, and I must emphasize this greatly--this "deep dark "is indeed like a medium to dark tan on medium skin. It's not for the PPP. For that, I would consult L'Oreal Sublime for Fair tones.

The consistency of the cream is somewhat...thick and tacky, I guess. I would prefer that it were somewhat thinner and more moisturizing, but this is a true ST not a moisturizer. If you have super, super dry skin you might want to moisturize first. I use it on my face, but be forewarned there too--it's tinted, so that color will sit (like any tinted ST) in every pore on your face. I would ignore that, exfoliate the face a little bit, and moisturize. It doesn't cause zits, it's just the bronzer part of it settling into pores.

Awesome, and so cheap. I get it at the dreaded "Evil Empire" (Walmart) for about $8, i think. Took a packaging lippie off for the cap, which clogs.

on 2/18/2010 1:58:00 PM

this is the only self tanner i will use. its a great product. it doesnt leave my skin orange and streaky (well if i apply it correctly) like all the other ones ive used do. i can only find it at walmart, nowhere else. hmm. but it doesnt bother me cuz this is on my must have list :)

on 2/3/2010 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is hardcore! Perfect dark color after first application. It dries fast, feels just like a lotion, and seems to be fairly streak-free. I love how this is far cheaper than my L'oreal Sublime bronze.

Use sparingly around elbows and fingers to avoid an orangey-tinge. Other than that, this is my new tanning HG! continued >>

on 1/8/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

perfect..brown.shows up with first application--even AFTER color guard washes off..and cheap too!!!!!!!!

A++++++++++++++ been using this stuff for years!!!!!!!!!!!

on 11/2/2009 3:12:00 PM

WOW! I LOVED THIS PRODUCT! IT IS VERY CHEAP AND I HAVE TRIED SUNLESS TANNING, OTHER BRAND SELFTANNERS ADN THIS IS THE BEST FOR MY SKINTONE DOES NOT LEAVE ME STREAKY OR ORANGEY. I TOOK PICS OF MYSELF TO SEE IF I MAYBE LOOKED ORANGE IN THE PICS, AND IT DIDNT. First time in yrs that i find a self tanner that isnt EXPENSIVE and actually work with my skin. its made outta henna and is oil free which makes it not streak. The PACKAGING IS ALRIGHT BUT WHO REALLY CARES as long as if its on your skin with no streak and no orange tone. I actually got it because i had seen good review about it here. Im defenitely not going to change it. Oh ya and when i take a shower it does come off a bit but i just re apply it and then it looks even all over again. I LOVE IT AND FOR THE PRICE. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this sunless tanner! I'm already medium toned and started using this once a week to give me a sunkissed glow. I mix it with my fav tanning salon moisturizer(AG's Body Kisses) and it comes out perfect everytime! No streaks or orangey-ness. It gives me golden caramel skin just like the real sun would! Love it, it's so cheap too. I can tan so easily at a salon, but this stuff is saving me from that<3

Top Rated Banana Boat Products