November 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

I ranked this stuff as costing more than Chloe, Chanel, Dior, and Hermes! That's because I just can't make sense of it. I fell in love with this stuff the first time I smelled it, and actually ended up buying two 6.7 bottles and one 5.0 ounce tube of the lotion at my work (discounted), as well as an EDP which apparently had a busted atomizer. Anyway, after I bought I felt as though that *something* I fell in love with couldn't be detected anymore, as though it had fallen from grace somehow.

It just so happens that the cream is a great quality, with avocado and shea butter. You can probably find that in a cheaper - and more fabulous-smelling - cream for less.

I do like the scent, I just hate it for playing with my head!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by fierystatehotel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Petite Cherie is my comfort fragrance, one I found after reading that a more commercial, cheaper fragrance was it's "rip off."

I love the effervescent fruit freshness of this scent, and the settling in of the vanilla. It's lovely in Winter as a mood lifter, and a PERFECT Spring/Summer fragrance that's far more sophisticated than all those fruit candy summer trends.

I would recommend spending a little extra on the EDP-- my first experience with Petite Cherie was this concentration, and it's warming up was divine, and it lasted. I know have a big bottle of EDT which is fun, and I love to throw it in my purse and take it everywhere but I also sort of HAVE to do that because it fades SOOO quickly, almost to where you miss the lovely Vanilla completely. So, that's my piece of advice.

And my review, in short..... Ooh la la, elle est tres belle!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by MYALU

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

mmm...Annick Goutal. I had a heck of a time finding this for YEARS after smelling on this on a female musician who picked it up in Paris. I looked ALL over Paris, but didn't know the spelling. HOWever, I just happened to stumble across it on CLEARANCE at a Filene's Basement for around $15! I Love, love this scent. However, I have to be in the mood for it. I feel like it's very powerful at first, but then don't notice it after awhile (possibly b/c I hold off on putting enough on). If you don't like pear scent- you won't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bergere

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very fruity food scent, reminiscent of canned fruit cocktail, cloying and stale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the edt. I love the smell of Petite Cherie....on me it's juicy pear and cut grass. Beautiful. I do have to apply liberally as this is a light scent. Great for spring/summer as well as on cold days when I don't feel like wearing a heavy fragrance. This is one of my DH's favorites. Non-offensive fragrance that you could wear anywhere. When I do repurchase it will be in the form of edp as it's not long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

When I first sampled Petite Cherie, I thought that it was slightly modified version of Quel Amour, just like the reviewer below. Both are tarte, sweet, and fruity. I believe that they both also contain a similar floral note. Don't get me wrong, they are still different, while Quel Amour is tarte juicy red fruits, Petite Cherie is a tarte and sweet pear fragrance. There is supposedly peach and vanilla in the composition, but I all I can pick up on is the green pear and grass (don't worry this isn't the "I just mowed the lawn" type of grass scent, it is more subtle). Normally, I don't enjoy fruit notes in fragrances unless they are dark, rich berry or lemon notes, but wearing Petite Cherie in the winter time might be a nice pick me up. Staying power is poor in the EDT version (about 2 hours and then fades considerably). If I do choose to purchase this again, I'll definitely get the EDP.

Edit:11/23/09
I realized that this perfume will give me sudden coughing attacks after a few hours of wearing it. Needless to say, I'm not enjoying the fragrance anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MauveRebelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mmmmmmh! Delicious. It's a fruity scent that reminds me of Annick Goutal Quel Amour!. But I really don't understand why… because the composition is completely different. Annick Goutal perfumes are definitely easy going and regular fragrances for grown up woman. They ain’t overpowering fragrances and they ain’t men magnet scent. Well, ...I mean...what do you need to magnetize men and to stand out from rival females...you are all so cool anyway, aren't you ?

AG uses popular flowers and fruits aromas in her composition and achieves great final scents. But their lasting power are a little disappointing. I suspect this is meant to encourage consistent act of beauty in your daily routine…actually you are to regularly apply again like you would do with your lipstick….ok, but this not practical.

On me, I mostly smell peach and vanilla. The pear might bring some sweetness but the cut grass and the musk rose remain discreet. It's more sophisticated than Quel Amour! To me, it gives more sensuality because of a sharp vanilla versus a shy amber in Quel Amour!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by plussize1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

sounds like people have a love hate relationship with this perfume!
i am one that loves it and so does the BF everytime i wear it he cant stop smelling me and asking me what i am wearing.....its a keeper in my book but the scent doesnt last long enough for me :o(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first it smells like something I have used to clean the house with. Orange cleaner maybe. I can't put my nose on it exactly but its very light and has a resemblence to a oven cleaner to me.. Not liking this, will wait a few min. to see if it changes. I rec'd this in a swap, so greatful for that I have always dreamed of trying Annick Goutals frags and this is the first one. Ok I know what it reminds me of now. It smells like a Kamikaze. Brings back nightmares when I drank too many of these, what a bad night.... Smells like vodka and Triple Sec. Not good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by rachchen

Petite Cherie comes in a beautiful bottle - this is true of all AG scents. I bought this in the EDT, which smells like effervescent ripe pears, peaches and flowers to me. The biggest problem with this is that the scent does a disappearing act on me within 10 minutes of application. Tried it on my BFF, same thing happened. She was almost outraged that a perfume that cost this much (I paid 60 pounds) would disappear so quickly. At her urging, I got rid of it. The Emperor's New Clothes indeed.