August 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by InTone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly, there is nothing remotely special about this lip balm. It's a 7 dollar balm. You may like it if you like fast absorbing, non-saturated feeling lip balms and chapsticks. I prefer that saturated feel and I this doesn't give it to me. It wears off quick, it does nothing for my lips. Not to mention the smell is kind of faint and there is no taste. I was hoping it would have some sort of taste. It's not so bad, but like I said it's based on your preference. It has lovely ingredients it just is not as moisturizing as I would have wanted it to be.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm sorry to give this product such a poor review as I really like Lush and really wanted to like Honey Trap. However the packaging is absolutely awful and so inconvenient. It's very difficult for me to open and close with ease. Opening it is such a pain sometimes I don't even bother with it. The texture is like a thick wax and even when spread into my lips leaves a white chunky residue. Smells good, I like the good ingredients however I wish they would re formulate it and change the package!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by boobiedoobiedoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Love it. I'm on my second little tub of it and it works wonders for my lips. It's fantastic to use after exfolaiting your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by PreciousSabrina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore my Honey Trap lip balm. I smelled the tester in the store, and I really liked the scent! It was sweet and suddle and almost buttery-ish. It definitely has the slightest of mint in it, I think, and also some white chocolate. I really do enjoy the scent. I have plenty of lip balms, a pretty full pouch of them, but I don't think I've ever found anything as moisturizing as this one. I exfoliate every time in the bath/shower I take with my Mint Juleps lip scrub (smells like mint chocolate to me, love it as well!) and then when I get out I moisturize with this and my lips feel like a dream! I also have very dry and sensitive skin and I feel like my lips aren't very different. Some lips balms leave them tingling and unpleasantly burning occasionally. They get very flaky in the dry winter and this I feel like helps to repair them. Even in the summer, it makes my lips feel velvety and smooth. The consistancy can be pretty waxy, but the way it feels on your lips and the way it really deeply repairs them, I think it's worth it. You just have to swipe your finger around in it a little to warm it up. I really do reccommend this product and don't think I will be buying any other lip balms any time soon. I think I will be repurchasing this lip balm. Hope this was helpful!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by 143susie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried Honey Trap because I TOTALLY fell in love with LUSH's Whipstick lip balm. However, I am quite disappointed. So, the scent is NOTHING like honey to me. It smells like Snowcake soap from Christmas time (almond scent). Don't get me wrong, I love almonds, but wasn't digging the scent of the lip balm. It kind of grows on you though. If you like the scent in the first place (which many people do), then that's good (:

The thing I was extremely disappointed about is the texture. The first few uses are fine, but after a while, you feel these small dot-like things on your lips. I'm not sure what it is, but it feels like some weird lip exfoliator. Ick.

Now, this goes for all the Lush lip products, the packaging (the lip balm is pressed into a tiny tin container) is sort of annoying. TEST OUT THE LIDS to the tins in the store, because some fall off very easily, while others don't. I don't like to bring this outside of my house (I only apply it after I've washed my hands), but for those of you who do, you don't want the lid to fall off in your purse! Anyway, the packaging does make the product feel "natural," but the germs that the lip balm could accumulate is quite disgusting. I wish that it were in a tube.

Other general observations about Honey Trap is that it has no tint (yay!), it is VERY moisturizing and long lasting (if you can stand the weird exfoliating-like bits, which I can't), and the price is very good ($7) for the amount of product you get (.3oz, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's more than a lot of other lip balms give you!).

Wouldn't buy this product again, but if you're a person who simply adores the scent, I'd see why you'd repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one smells great, but I just don't like the texture. I guess it is the beeswax, so I have now moved onto ulbrabalm as that doesn't have any in.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use vaseline, then tried carmex and the skin on my lips started to peel. They were sore and looked horrible. I then brought this product as it had honey (natural antisptic) and I thought it would help soothe them. Its did! 2 days later, my lips were soft and no more peeling. if you want a lip balm that has no protrelum jelly or horrible ingredients or you have little child and you want a balm that will take care of there lips, get this product. It is a bit expensive at 5.25 but its is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a serious lip balm addiction problem. Like I don't even want to count how many I have in my purse right now. because it's just way too much. I'm kind of weird in that I like different textures at different points in time, and when my lips are dry, I really like creamy textured balms. This and Lip Service are almost perfect for me when I want that creaminess. I can feel both sink into my lips and almost heal them. I personally love the fragrance and scent, it is kind of a minty, vanilla honey scent and I find it both comforting and refreshing. This balm would be HG for me if the scent weren't seriously disturbing to my boyfriend. Some people like the scent like my sister, but I brought it on a roadtrip with the boyfriend and a few other people and they all agreed it smelled like baby powder. I don't get that, but I won't wear it around him since he'll whine about the smell and so will a few other people, like my roommate, the smell is that strong. So that is why I haven't rated this a perfect even though I have and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Currently loving this lip balm, it lives by the side of my bed and is now replacing Vaseline, my former favourite.
It comes in a small stylish metal tin, ideal for travelling and rescuing sore lips on the go, although sometimes it's a bit difficult to undo, being so small. The product is best used when warmed up with body heat in your hands or under your legs before use, as it is quite solid but goes on perfectly when slightly smoother. Personally I like the smell, it smells like honey and white chocolate with a touch of mint and very pleasant to have on the lips. My boyfriend always comments when I wear it - he really likes the smell (and taste) too.
It's been great for my sore lips in the winter - probably due to the shea butter and almond oil in it - much preferable to using Vaseline and smothering my lips in petroleum jelly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really hard to use it, moisturizes so so. Its pretty expensive product - about 7 USD. I wanted to get this one but the scent was kind of weird, unpleasant almost. I could not see any honey there. I got the Lip Service instead - nice scent but the same texture. I am not a huge fan of these lip balms, so I returned it, yeeey.