LUSH Honey Trap Lip Balm

New Formula (2013): Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Honey (Mel) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , White Chocolate (Sucrose, Theobroma Cacao [Cocoa] Extract) , Dry Whole Milk , Lecithin , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Glycerine , Flavor , Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum Vulgare) , Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , *Limonene

on 9/3/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've repurchased this more than any other lip balm I've tried. It's colorless, even with a heavy hand. It's not slippery or shiny and stays put on my lips. It has beeswax which gives it a thicker texture but it also has delicious oils that makes it melt into the skin like butter. I like the smell, although it changes as the tin gets older. Depending on the batch, it may smell slightly different-- my latest tin smells more chocolatey than the others but it's always yummy and in my opinion, wonderful!

I also tried the Whipstick, which is really similar in formula to Honey Trap except with a chocolate-orange flavor. My lips are very pale, and the Whipstick turns them an unflattering color so I only use Whipstick at night. If I had to try one or the other, I'd definitely recommend the Honey Trap.

on 8/31/2012 3:54:00 AM

I think this is a wonderful lip balm! It smells quite amazing - white chocolate with hints of honey and mint. Yes, its a solid balm, and so you'll have to warm it up so that its soft enough to be used. It feels really creamy on your lips and leaves them feeling incredibly soft and nourished. It doesn't look too glossy on your lips, it just gives a slight sheen which looks natural and pretty. IMO the little tin packaging is quite cute and practical. And yes, it is expensive for a lip balm.. But considering the fact that you don't need to reapply it too often.. it feels quite reasonable. And since it is packed with tons of good ingredients, it feels all the more worth the cost :)

on 8/24/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an amazing product, my lips are soft, moisturized and look very healthy. Its hard finding a good lip balm that will hold up with the Canadian winters...but this works, and works very well. I will defiantly be buying again and again.

on 8/21/2012 7:45:00 PM

First off, to me it smells like a chocolate cup cake. The honey is very faint. That being said, I love how it lasts on the lips. It's not greasy...just moisturizing (maybe a little waxy). Either way, it works. :)

on 8/16/2012 11:39:00 PM

A nice, non glossy lip balm. Moisturizes well and smells so yummy. It is kind of hard and semi waxy but I like that- it makes it last longer than most lip balms. Doesn't soak in right away but I feel like it does after a while, and makes my lips soft. The packaging is cute but not practical, and I wish they sold it in stick form for on the go/travel. At $7 it's mid-range price. Would buy again.

on 8/6/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Lush products are my guilty pleasure--they're expensive but for the most part they are worth the extra money! And their lip balms happen to be cheaper than some drugstore products in the long run (e.g. Softlips). Since this comes in a tin (which I've never had trouble opening) I prefer to keep it at home where I can readily wash my hands before dipping my finger in rather than using it on the go. I especially like using this before bedtime when my lips aren't in the best shape and I always wake up to smooth, soft lips. Especially when it's cold, you have to warm up the product with your finger before applying it, and when it gets hot, it can melt, though where I live it's cool most of the year so I'm fine with that. I love how this doesn't feel thick, waxy, or greasy on the lips... It feels just right! Honey Trap doesn't actually smell like honey; rather, it smells like white chocolate and vanilla dough, along with a bit of peppermint. It's such a divine combination, and this product is a keeper!

There is alot of bad reviews on this because of the packaging but the woman who sold me it in lush showed me how to open it properly without any difficulty (put in between your palms and twist them in opposite ways) even though the lip balm is a tad pricey i use it after my bubble gum lip scrub and i love the way it makes my lips feel. I also think that the lip balm and lip scrub will last a long time so you will not have to replace it as often. I personally think it is a good product and if i do run out i will repurchase but may try out a different 'flavour'.

on 7/20/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Honestly, there is nothing remotely special about this lip balm. It's a 7 dollar balm. You may like it if you like fast absorbing, non-saturated feeling lip balms and chapsticks. I prefer that saturated feel and I this doesn't give it to me. It wears off quick, it does nothing for my lips. Not to mention the smell is kind of faint and there is no taste. I was hoping it would have some sort of taste. It's not so bad, but like I said it's based on your preference. It has lovely ingredients it just is not as moisturizing as I would have wanted it to be.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm sorry to give this product such a poor review as I really like Lush and really wanted to like Honey Trap. However the packaging is absolutely awful and so inconvenient. It's very difficult for me to open and close with ease. Opening it is such a pain sometimes I don't even bother with it. The texture is like a thick wax and even when spread into my lips leaves a white chunky residue. Smells good, I like the good ingredients however I wish they would re formulate it and change the package!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love this stuff. Love it. I'm on my second little tub of it and it works wonders for my lips. It's fantastic to use after exfolaiting your lips.

Video Reviews & Tutorials