October 21, 2014 | 2001 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by PanAm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually surprised by all the negative reviews! I bought this brush back in 2008-2009 and didn't use it for awhile because I didn't use powder back then. Flash forward to this summer when I opened a powder sunscreen. I tried applying it with the puff it came with and of course that didn't work. I used my philosophy brushes which aren't that bad. These are soft, strong, and have never shed on me. I can use this one or the philosophy one and it doesn't make a difference. Both are nice and do the job! i wonder if its because my brush is older is why its different? I'll be wary if I have to replace it due to these reviews.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this by accident...i meant to buy the elf studio flat top. it stayed in my linen closet for a while unused when i realized i bought the wrong brush. i tried it the other week for the first time and it broke! the brush came off the handle. also, the brush hairs hurt my face. they are so rough; not soft at all. pay the extra money for the elf studio flat top. it's worth it! i love that brush!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by katiecap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually do not like this brush at ALL. It's hard and scratchy an feels so uncomfortable on your face, it does pick up product but why would you ever want to put it near your skin? Plus it sheds like crazy!!! Spend the few extra bucks and try the Studio Complexion Brush or Kabuki brush for applying powders on your face!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by next1

Ummm so I cant really say that i've found a lot of uses for this as its extremely scratchy and sheds like mad. The hairs stick to my just applied foundation and it drives me nuts trying to get them off. The only use I have found for this was to blend out the line in my blush and bronzer as its great at moving powder OFF your face or moving it around your face. Would not recommend this for applying powder, foundation or blush you'd get more product on you clothes or in the air then you would on your face. Wouldnt buy again, even for a buck.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Junwwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is very stiff and scratchy! It feels like coconut fiber rubbing on my face! However it did apply my powder blush and other powders, it just did it in the most uncomfortable way ever. It was only a buck, so I guess there's not much room for complaints, but it really is very scratchy. I guess if you're really strapped for cash and need something to apply powdery make-up with this will be pretty functional. Just don't expect any softness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I wear liquid foundation and use this brush for a light dusting of powder. This brush is perfect just for that. I've had this one for about a year and it has held up very well - minimal shedding, no loose handle, etc. I take very good care of my brushes and since I only use this one lightly, I clean/shampoo it every week and so far, so good. The hairs on my brush have become softer with each cleaning. They're still not the softest, but for $1.00, what do you expect? I can see how you would give this brush low marks if attempting to use it for a heavier coverage with a powder foundation, though. It won't pick up a lot of product. If you need a face brush that applies a good amount of powder, I recommend spending the extra two bucks on the ELF Studio Powder Brush. But for me and my uses, this brush works just fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

No. Just...no. It's pokey and scratchy, and sheds like no other. I'm glad I got it for a dollar. It takes off my foundation if I try to set it with powder...I just don't like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by FlauntYourBeauty4

First off I wouldn't buy it again because it is a brush and I take very good care of them, I love this brush in the summer.It does not hold as much product as the regular powder brush so I can quickly dust powder on because I have Combination Skin. The only con is that it is scratchy and pokey. When I washed it for the first time it got SUPER Fluffy In which I loved <3

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush on a whim.

The Good: I don't use it with products. It works well with blending in powder and dusting off excess.

The Bad: it sheds like crazy!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this just to try out the regular vs. studio brushes. It doesn't hold product and it sheds. Buy the E.L.F. studio brushes. They are awesome.