October 24, 2014 | 1728 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by akpurplecow

I really do like this product. I found that the first time I used it, it made my face break out a little. I wasn't too concerned because that happens to my face whenever I get a facial or anything of that nature. As long as I use it as often as suggested, my face has a natural glow because it gets rid of all the nasty stuff that builds up. You wont believe how soft and smooth your face feels after you use it. I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ncvelasco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this set a lot. I've used only used one other microdermabrasion kit before (the one by Olay), and while I enjoyed my results, I hated the packaging. The Mary Kay set, on the other hand, is packaged really well. The exfoliating cream comes in a tube that you squeeze (rather than in a pot that you have to scoop the stuff out of), so you it doesn't get underneath your nails. And it really does polish your skin! My skin feels amazing afterward. I can really tell when I'm applying the replenishing liquid how smooth my skin is. The only gripe I have is that my skin feels just the teensiest bit dry until I moisturize, so I took a lippie off for that. As for the price, I don't think it's that bad, especially compared to what you would pay at a spa, but I can't say it's dirt cheap either, so I took another lippe off for that. Overall, though, I'm very satisfied with this product and will buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by poozi

The step 1 is too abrasive for my skin. I remembered that my MK consultant repeated to us again & again that we have to put lots of water on our face before putting the abrasion cream on our face. I did splash lots of water, & massage lightly using my index fingers(as instructed), & put step 2 cream on. I still can feel the sting of those tiny particles "scraped" over my face after I washed it. Yes, I bought it b/c I saw it in class the dead skins are gradually coming off.

The end is: I put the abrasion (step 1 ) cream away for at least a year, and used up the step 2 cream. I bought Pauals' Choice's BH gel and found out that I can get rid of those dead skin cells with ease, very quickly without abrasing my face. The step 2 cream is like a normal moisturizer, I did not see significant effect that it would bring as the MK consultant said.

I will not buy this product again. Too expensive! I felt I wasted $35-$40.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by katcook58

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a free sample of this and absolutely loved it! I have very oily skin and this left my skin feeling so nice and oil free. I haven't purchased the full size set yet because of the price. I am reading that people here are purchasing it from Ebay but with all of the scams going on I am a little leery of buying it there. I even considered selling Mary Kay just so I can get this and other Timewise products but the $100 start up fee isn't in my budget right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by roxane21

This product got the job done. It removed the dead flaky skin and made my skin glow and also refreshed it. The beads are fine enough to really grind down on your skin so it really does feel like you just got out of a relaxing facial with glowing skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like Step 1 because it gets rid of the flaky skin I have in the winter and leaves behind a smooth palette to work with. But Step 2 did virtually nothing to or for my skin. In fact, I ditched it totally and used a serum instead. I won't be buying it again though; I'd rather bite the bullet and pay for a kit that will deliver more. I am using an at-home aspirin scrub with honey to exfoliate for now until I find a kit I really wanna buy that I'm confident will deliver. I really wish I could just rate the Step 1 by itself because I really do like that part a lot. Only reason 3/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by hollylyn

My love for the MK microderm kit comes not from how it eliminates fine lines and wrinkles, I'd have to get back to you in a few years for that, but how glorious it makes my pores look.
My skin is fairly normal, aside from my blackhead problem. I tried everything, from masks to scrubs to getting facials on a regular basis. Most did nothing, some made a small improvement and a big dent in my wallet. While the MK kit is far from cheap, when you think about the other options, in my case the closest was getting regular facials, it is cheaper. And it works quite a bit better.
I've had issues with blackheads for about 8 years now. They aren't outrageously bad or anything, but you know how it is. When I'd look in the mirror all I could see was the clogged pores on my nose and chin.
I won't lie and say they disappeared 100% with the kit. But the vast majority of them did, and the ones that didn't were noticeably smaller. And I'm pretty rough on my skin. Well, on my pores. I do my best, but my job as a professional stage actress means that I wear quite a bit of make-up. Aside from work, I never wear foundation or make-up on my overall face. I'm a sucker for eye make-up and lipstick, but that isn't the point. For work I wear some fairly heavy, full coverage foundations in combination with contouring that looks like warpaint. My blackheads used to be the stuff of legends, at least in my own eyes. Now, they're essentially non-existent. I haven't changed anything else in my beauty/skin care routine in quite some time.

It hurts to shell out the cash, especially with the economy like this, but this kit is worth it. Scrubby without being painful. And doesn't leave a film behind. I like the replenishing cream/lotion stuff, though I know many don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Kren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this kit. I received a sample from a friend who sells MK and finally tried it after I ran out of Ponds microderm. It is wonderful! It left my skin very soft and smooth after just one use. After using it 2x a week for the last 2 weeks I'm still loving it and had to order the full size kit. I use both step 1 & 2 and love how it evens out and brightens my complexion. I've tried a lot of drug store brands with little success. MK is a little pricey, and this kit is the only MK I own, but it really works for me. I use with Boots moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is the best stuff ever!!! it cleans your face to the full extent.

The best part is, it lightens any dark imperfections I get after plucking hairs on the side/bottom of my face!!! I loveeee this product, My face feel super smooth, it's just so expensive, I had to resort to a 10.00 microdermabrasion, but it is no way in the league of Mary Kay Microdermabrasion!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kenka

well,, gotta tell ya.. I love this product is great!! my skin is left very silky. I ve been using this product for like 3 weeks now, and Im in love.
The only con I would say is the price (around $50 dls. Ive heard), gladly my bf buys it for me ;) ... but its totally worth it. i use it twice a week and is great, youll find a new glow your face didnt have before.
ps. I used to be fan of st. Ives scrub, but I can say this is better.. it isnt that agressive, and youll get better results for longer periods of time..