April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had quite the rollercoaster ride with Miss Dior Cherie (aka Miss Dior EDT2012???!!!). Based on the pictures on MUA and Fragrancenet.com, it looks like Dior has changed the Miss Dior and Miss Dior Cherie formula (and packaging) more times than Lindsay Lohan spontaneously dyes her hair. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it certainly makes it difficult for consumers, reviewers, and especially aficionados to figure out what it is that they're smelling and repurchasing. For me specifically, I am very sensitive to chypres (they smell like crap to me and on me), so changing one note in a fragrance will make me go from loving it to hating it. This is probably why when I smelled Miss Dior in 2009, I thought it was totally lackluster. In 2010 I thought it was gross. In 2011 I thought it was amazing, but then in 2012 I smelled it again and hated it. Turns out I was sniffing different variations of the re-formulated EDP and EDT, and it is CRUCIAL to read the notes on each fragrance because that makes all the difference. All the more confusing is that Sephora lists Miss Dior Cherie as "Miss Dior EDT" and then when the actual item arrives, it reads "Miss Dior Cherie." AGGGHHH! Can a girl get some consistency? . Sorry for the rant but it's kind of frustrating!

All that said, the current (2012, cubic bottle with light pink fluid) Miss Dior Cherie is an A++ in my book. The presentation is flawless. As many have said, Dior's Miss Dior collection is similar to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, in scent and in the appearance. I agree that there are many similarities, but, having my own personal mishap with Coco Mademoiselle (I bought the EDP instead of the EDT, and the EDP smelled kind of linear and uninteresting on me), I find Miss Dior Cherie (the EDT!) to be better suited for me.

MDC takes all the best points of Coco and gives them a light, girly, sparkly remix. I don't know if I smell strawberries and popcorn, but when I smell the bottle directly, I definitely feel something fresh and very lightly green standing distinctly separate from the rest of the sweet, floral, exuberant bouquet. When the scent is sprayed on, it's just heavenly. I can definitely see how others would find this to be the inferior (or at least the puerile) scent of the two, as Coco has beautiful spice notes that develop better on some people's body chemistry than others. On me, MDC almost smells like what Coco EDT used to smell like when I first tried it nearly 10 years ago. I often have a hard time picking up certain spices in my body chemistry, and the best solution I've found is gravitating toward gourmand orientals or florientals to fulfill my need to have spice in my scents. Often this means going with a classic scent's fruity/floral remix. (Opium, for example, doesn't smell offensive on me, but it's also kind of linear and tame. Belle D'Opium, on the other hand, smells cracktastically amazing on me and I can't get enough.) For me, this has worked well. And MDC is just what I was looking for: fresh, effervescent top and middle, with a creamy, spicy, developed, delicious base. For reference, my favorite scents in my daily rotation are D&G The One, Hanae Mori Butterfly, Brooks Brothers Madison (which I am dying to review, btw -- we need a BB review board option!), YSL Belle D'Opium, YSL Parisienne, and now MDC. (Yes. I am a fragaholic!)

Yes, this scent is expensive, but my goodness, is it worth the money! I cannot recommend this scent more. I'm a 27 year old professional and I think that this scent sits perfectly on my silk scarves, suits, and cashmere sweaters. Hope my long-winded gushing review is of help to everyone who's on the fence about trying this scent. If you like a little touch of girliness with your classy floriental scents, definitely give this one a try! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Sraahz1

I really love this fragrance, perfect for in the summer. I love the package, it is really cute. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by NaniFiona

One of my top favorites!! Goes very well on my skin, even the EDT lasts all day long ... the fragrance is sweet and involving.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is painful to me that this horrifically sweet, cloying, cheap-smelling perfume should bear any part of the name "Miss Dior", which was one of the loveliest chypres. Absolutely not worth any money spent. This is a child's perfume that smells like it should come in a plastic bottle with a doll.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

Favorite perfume of allllll time. :) I first tried this @ a friends house and adored it. It's such a girly & classy scent. Every time I wear it I get compliments - so it's def HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite perfume! I get so many compliments when I wear it and I wear it almost everyday.

I did prefer the old version though but now I guess I've g otten used to the new one and I love it. The sad thing is that this is so popular that almost everyone got a bottle at home, so it's not a unique scent anymore..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its amazing how popular this scent is but I never liked the same thing as majority of women so there you go. I used to sell fragrance in department store when I just got out of college and these types of fragrances were the most popular. By that I mean, florals and floral chypres-at the time, my most requested scents were Beautiful, Jill Sanders #4 and then Azzaro.
So to Miss Dior Cheri-I have tested it numerous times to see what the fuss was about and I can safely say its not for me. I have hard time understanding why lot of people say that its sweet-I am guessing that its either their skin chemistry that is amplifying it or they are used to wear florals and chypres that are very dry so maybe coming from these kind of scents, Miss Dior Cherie will appear sweet. As another reviewer pointed out, this does bear resemblance to Coco Madem, except Coco M has more patchouli and not as citrusy as MDC.

I don't smell popcorn or strawberries, I don't know if my nose can't smell these notes but they are nowhere to be found. If I could smell these two notes, I would have LOVED it. To me, this is all sunny floral with patch and hint of spice. It appears to be a rather long lasting scent so I really wish I would have liked it but alas no.
I had DH smell this(on a paper strip) and he proclaimed that it was too "perfumey and old".

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I do love the smell of this perfume! There is something so lady like about it. It is not over-whelming but yet it is strong enough for even older noses to enjoy. There is a scent of powder to it but not over stated. I do wish it lasted longer is about the only negative thing I can find to say, but then none of the newer fragrances seem to last very long at all anymore. I am sure this is an intentional sales gimmick. If it lasted longer, we would not have to buy a new bottle sooner. I must say though that the lasting quality of an expensive fragrance determines whether I will be likely to repurchase it. If the big companies want the big bucks for their products then they should insure it is a quality product with the greatest lasting ability available.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP at Sephora and was all excited. Supposedly it's a "more expensive smelling" version of Soap & Glory's signature scent. Cool.
It smelled lovely enough in the bottle but is terrifying on me. Maybe if you can pull off a reeking floral, this will work for you. On me.. I tried to wear it but the scent truly made me feel ill. Pounding head an queasy stomach. I will give it marks for staying power- two hours later and the scent was still very obvious (and I only put a drop on my wrists). The only "up" side IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

Wanted to love this but it did not work for me, whatsoever.

The lovely, fruity-floral-spice notes that I get from the magazine swatches went straight to rancid cat pee for me when I actually wore it. I tried this several days in a row and every time someone would remark about the unusual "stank" they kept smelling. . . . . Not really the reaction I'm going for!!

Points for the cute bottle, though.