October 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Took a while but this scent finally grew on me. It blends very well with my skin and smells feminine, sophisticated, and not at all artificial. However, it does not last long at all (one hour max) and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ceexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THE SCENT, but it doesn't last very long at all .. so sadly, since I can't afford to be applying it again every 2 hours .. I will not be buying i again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by coolfreshair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh - this is horrible!! It's everything I hate in a perfume. It's SICKLY, intensely sweet and smells like a kid's tea-party. It should be reintitled something like "Strawberry Jelly/Jam". What were they thinking when they created this? Is it supposed to be 'cute' ...? Or is it just intended just to give the wearer a sugar rush?

There is nothing sophisticated, sexy or subtle about this scent. It's fragrance is garish and just so gross there is nothing in the world that could make me like it or want to buy it again.

Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by amandagervais

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. Been in love for about 5 years now, this is my all time favorite! It's really expensive so I don't wear it every day (though I wish I could!) I save this perfume for date nights and special occasions mostly. It's fresh and flirty while still being sophisticated and mature.

My only con is that it doesn't last longer, if I wear it during the day I will reapply before going out at night.

Overall - Love Love Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had quite the rollercoaster ride with Miss Dior Cherie (aka Miss Dior EDT2012???!!!). Based on the pictures on MUA and Fragrancenet.com, it looks like Dior has changed the Miss Dior and Miss Dior Cherie formula (and packaging) more times than Lindsay Lohan spontaneously dyes her hair. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it certainly makes it difficult for consumers, reviewers, and especially aficionados to figure out what it is that they're smelling and repurchasing. For me specifically, I am very sensitive to chypres (they smell like crap to me and on me), so changing one note in a fragrance will make me go from loving it to hating it. This is probably why when I smelled Miss Dior in 2009, I thought it was totally lackluster. In 2010 I thought it was gross. In 2011 I thought it was amazing, but then in 2012 I smelled it again and hated it. Turns out I was sniffing different variations of the re-formulated EDP and EDT, and it is CRUCIAL to read the notes on each fragrance because that makes all the difference. All the more confusing is that Sephora lists Miss Dior Cherie as "Miss Dior EDT" and then when the actual item arrives, it reads "Miss Dior Cherie." AGGGHHH! Can a girl get some consistency? . Sorry for the rant but it's kind of frustrating!

All that said, the current (2012, cubic bottle with light pink fluid) Miss Dior Cherie is an A++ in my book. The presentation is flawless. As many have said, Dior's Miss Dior collection is similar to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, in scent and in the appearance. I agree that there are many similarities, but, having my own personal mishap with Coco Mademoiselle (I bought the EDP instead of the EDT, and the EDP smelled kind of linear and uninteresting on me), I find Miss Dior Cherie (the EDT!) to be better suited for me.

MDC takes all the best points of Coco and gives them a light, girly, sparkly remix. I don't know if I smell strawberries and popcorn, but when I smell the bottle directly, I definitely feel something fresh and very lightly green standing distinctly separate from the rest of the sweet, floral, exuberant bouquet. When the scent is sprayed on, it's just heavenly. I can definitely see how others would find this to be the inferior (or at least the puerile) scent of the two, as Coco has beautiful spice notes that develop better on some people's body chemistry than others. On me, MDC almost smells like what Coco EDT used to smell like when I first tried it nearly 10 years ago. I often have a hard time picking up certain spices in my body chemistry, and the best solution I've found is gravitating toward gourmand orientals or florientals to fulfill my need to have spice in my scents. Often this means going with a classic scent's fruity/floral remix. (Opium, for example, doesn't smell offensive on me, but it's also kind of linear and tame. Belle D'Opium, on the other hand, smells cracktastically amazing on me and I can't get enough.) For me, this has worked well. And MDC is just what I was looking for: fresh, effervescent top and middle, with a creamy, spicy, developed, delicious base. For reference, my favorite scents in my daily rotation are D&G The One, Hanae Mori Butterfly, Brooks Brothers Madison (which I am dying to review, btw -- we need a BB review board option!), YSL Belle D'Opium, YSL Parisienne, and now MDC. (Yes. I am a fragaholic!)

Yes, this scent is expensive, but my goodness, is it worth the money! I cannot recommend this scent more. I'm a 27 year old professional and I think that this scent sits perfectly on my silk scarves, suits, and cashmere sweaters. Hope my long-winded gushing review is of help to everyone who's on the fence about trying this scent. If you like a little touch of girliness with your classy floriental scents, definitely give this one a try! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Sraahz1

I really love this fragrance, perfect for in the summer. I love the package, it is really cute. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by NaniFiona

One of my top favorites!! Goes very well on my skin, even the EDT lasts all day long ... the fragrance is sweet and involving.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is painful to me that this horrifically sweet, cloying, cheap-smelling perfume should bear any part of the name "Miss Dior", which was one of the loveliest chypres. Absolutely not worth any money spent. This is a child's perfume that smells like it should come in a plastic bottle with a doll.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

Favorite perfume of allllll time. :) I first tried this @ a friends house and adored it. It's such a girly & classy scent. Every time I wear it I get compliments - so it's def HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite perfume! I get so many compliments when I wear it and I wear it almost everyday.

I did prefer the old version though but now I guess I've g otten used to the new one and I love it. The sad thing is that this is so popular that almost everyone got a bottle at home, so it's not a unique scent anymore..