October 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by simpleblueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i personally thought that this mascara didnt help me at all.
i curled my lashes first, then apply this mascara and the lashes just lost the curls.
it was still wet on my lashes, i waited and tried to curl again but it didnt hold my curls at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm completely rewriting my review of this as I just don't know what's going on with this stuff. I've been using this alternated with Virtuose for about 4 years, but this time around I'm just not loving it at all for so many reasons. The product comes out so gloopy I have to scrape tonnes off everytime I use it - it's like no excess is being removed at all and if I don't scrape it all off, I end up with as much on my lid as my lashes.

Now this tube has been open about 3 weeks it's glooped up to the max; I've had to completely change how I apply the product, by applying it on the tip of my lash (about 3/4 of the way down) then using a clean dry virtuose brush to apply it the rest of the way. This method actually gives a gorgeous natural look, like I've just had my lashes tinted blue/black and have a gloss on, but that's it - no thickness (which is what I used to this mascara for), no length and frankly a pain in the patootie having to double brush for every application.

The next issue I have with this, is that all of a sudden it's impossible to remove. I've always used the waterproof version of this and had no problem getting it off. For the couple of weeks with this tube I was having to apply 2-3 removers and use a strong hand to remove this product, causing my lashes to become brittle feeling and my skin irritated. This has improved a little with the lighter application I've been doing, but I'm still having to do a lot more than I'd like to, to get it all off.

Finally, I'm now sure that either the product, or the excessive cleaning is causing my eyes to become dry and irritated. Within a couple of minutes of applying this every morning I start to feel that I have something in my eye and by the time I'm at work I've got sore, blooodshot eyes. Similar in the evening after I've cleansed, I'm having to use eyedrops to make my eyes comfortable.

I don't know whether they've changed the formula, or I just have a bad tube, but this is the last time I'm going near this product and what is left in the tube (which is a great big gloopy lot) is going in the bin. It's a shame because I've loved this mascara until now, but it's not worth the $60NZD to try it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by bubbletea1212

I did not like this product. It didnt do anything for my lashes but clump them a bit.. It states that it is waterproof however it still smudged for me! And I only applied them to the upper lashes (not lower). I have tried many other non-waterproof mascaras and they did not smudge as fast.
I did a low rating for the price as it was expense (it is high end) but it was not a great product.

However I heard that the original formula (hypnose mascara) works amazing. Same with hypnose drama. This formula just did not work for me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ahsila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product HOLDS. A. CURL!!!!!

Holding a curl is the most important for me because I have limp, short "Asian" lashes. I've been using this for the past 3 months and now when I don't use it, I feel self-conscious because this makes my eyes really pop! It lifts my lashes and makes my eyes open up bigger.

It's true that this waterproof mascara makes your lashes hard, but I think that's why it holds a curl so well. It is also kind of dry and clumpy when you wait too long in between coats. I have cried a few times wearing this, but it held up pretty well. I have also accidentally rubbed my lashes but this doesn't smear much - it just flakes off a little when that happens. If you don't touch your lashes though, no little flakes will come off onto your face during the day.

If I sleep with this on overnight, my lashes are still a little hard when I wake up in the morning. Also, I will have panda eyes when I wake up. However, if I just go regularly throughout the day, this barely smudges at all. I usually wear this for 10 hours during the day.

About the brush: It's... okay.

I put that I wouldn't buy this product again only because it's so expensive. I really like it though.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this for my wedding day as I wanted a waterproof mascara that wouldn't smudge, flake or give me panda eyes. I normally wear glasses but wanted to wear contacts for my big day, but that usually means my eyes get dry and sore and I end up rubbing/smudging my mascara. This mascara was fantatsic, better than my YSL false lash (faux cils) mascara which I thought was my HG mascara. It lengthened my lashes, glided on beautifully and made my eyes look amazing. The mascara didn't flake and didn't smudge until I took my contacts out very late in the evening. It withstood tears and me blinking/rubbing my eyes throughout the day. The only bad thing I can say about this product is the price, but it was worth it for my big day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof forever. I've tried LOTS of others & haven't found anything better...for me anyway. Some of my clients suggested Lancome Definicils & Hypnose. I tried both...I am in love with the waterproof Hypnose. It completely separates, somewhat lengthens, does a pretty good job at thickening, holds the curl like I've never seen with any other mascara, & NEVER flakes or smudges. I really love it. I own a gym, work very long hours & workout every day. When we workout (middle of the day), I sweat a lot & have never found a mascara that didn't at least smudge. This one...stays put all day long. I'd give it at least 8 or 9 stars if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Cue

This is my fave mascara!! I totally love it.
I tend to have more oil around my eye area so mascara is just a mess for me. I had given up on mascara, but decide to try this one and it turned out to be great. So now I'm using mascara everyday again.
I don't know if it's because it's waterproof that why it doesn't run as much (it still smears a little...but that's because I do have 'oily eyes' and oil takes of everything...) But this one's working okay for me. I do find myself having to wipe under my eyes once or twice during the day to clean away the color that got on there but...there's not as much as black as other mascaras I've used.
I would definitely continue using this product because it's the best mascara I've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used but the only one that I get compliments on my lashes when I use it. My friends complemented about the curl and the length, along with the volume that this mascara gives me. Even my boss (an old man who doesn't have very good eye sight) complemented abt my lashes secretly to the other admin staff, who told me that he was surprised that I have lashes like westerners despite being a Chinese, lol. Guess he doesn't know the existence of mascara? I also received compliments on my lashes from a Chanel MA and that she stopped to pursuade me to buy their new mascara, lol.

Back to the mascara, it gives more than decent length and volume to my eyes, though not exactly to the state of extreme. This does a pretty good job in thickening my lashes and apparently 1 single stroke is not enough. Luckily, this is very buildable. I just keep brushing the mascara on before it dries. My lashes are black and glossy, which I prefer over "matte" finish. Usually I apply the mascara to my upper lashes with the zig-zag pattern at the base and then brush the wand up. Afetr combing the lashes a bit, I brush the mascara on again at the lash tips.

It holds the curl pretty well - it does flatten a bit after one whole day in the hot and humid weather here. Doesn't clump easily unless the brush is overloaded with mascara, which should be removed first. Doesn't smudge unless you cry and smudge your eyes with your hands. Therefore I can't say this is extremely waterproof though it can survive through the hot and humid weather here in Asia.

The only downside is that the tube dries out in 1.5 months or so. It is still usable but then it is more likely to have flakes under your eyes after half a day. Those can be swiped away easily with finger, tissue paper or a brush, but just, annoying.

Definitely will be re-purchasing - I'm actually on my third tube. Sometimes I drift away from Hypnose and try sth else, but I always go back to this. I have never been this satisfied for a mascara.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this mascara! The best ever!! never clumps and coats all lashes!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by hawttplastik

i thought this mascara was my HG, it held my curl, it didn't clump, and it volumized and lengthened and made my lashes look so pretty, but a few hours after i put it on, it smudged insanely under my eyes! this stuff is okay when it comes to waterproof-ness, but its not very oil-proof i guess. i do have pretty oily eyelids and this doesn't do it for me, sadly :(