July 23, 2014 | 1068 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Styling Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is super expensive, but is a HG for me.

I love the way my hair looks when I blow it out using this product.

I have to be careful though, because even though my hair is very thick, it is fine and if I use more than about a nickle sized amount on my shoulder length hair....it gets really greasy...and the only remedy is to wash it out....

So, I use a little at a time...and that works. And, I love it!

My hair blows out straight easily with it and is shiny and bouncy all day!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

I bought this as part of a kit with the coconut shampoo/conditioner and found that it did nothing for me. The whole line was atrocious and left my hair hard, sticky, and dry. I've used everyting from Kerastase to Herbal Essence and it all works sooo much better than this stuff. Also, the price is rediculous. If you're willing to spend close $30 for a bottle of this stuff, just go straight to Kerastase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by digxmexnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I know a 2 is a pretty harsh score... this product works fine, but the smell is just atrocious! I can't explain the smell - it's almost like a mix of cucumber and licorice. And once it's in your hair, the smell doesn't lessen. You can smell it on your head. If I'm gonna pay big money for a hair product, I don't want it to smell like garbage!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by shelby101

I recently got my hair cut short again (chin length) and I wanted to find a product I could use to let my hair air dry so I could just "scrunch and go". My stylist told me to try mixing this with the defrizz, combing it through, and then using the BB curl creme and comb it through, and then scrunch or twirl sections of hair. I don't think this product is exactly what I needed. I have very thick hair and I combed this through when my hair was damp and scrunched and let it air dry but I got so much volume just from doing that that it was ridiculous. I was also put off slightly by the scent--it smells like celery and isn't exactly pleasant (I'm not sure if they changed the fragrance or what since other reviewers feel that it smells good). It also gave my hair a pretty matte finish so I suppose I would have to mix it with something ilke brilliantine to get more shine. I was disappointed with how big it made my hair when air drying so I got my hair damp again with a spray bottle and got a round brush and blew out all of the waves. This produced a style that wasn't over the top HUGE but yet still had the holding power to still look nice the next day. It also appeared much more shiny than it did when I let it air dry, even though it does change the texture of your hair to have more "oomph". I don't think I will try to use this product to air dry again since it gave me so much volume, I will probably just use it as a blow drying product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this - my hair is straight-to-wavy, and this works wonderfully if i just work this through my damp hair, scrunch, and air-dry. I never blow dry my hair, so this keeps my hair free of frizzies, soft, and shiny. Plus it smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Redhairedbombshell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to use a double whammy on this one- and also copy and paste it with the defrizz.

BUT, this, with a touch a defrizz is everything I need to make my hair HAPPY!!!! My hair is flat, yet never wants to cooperate. I can never do anything with my hair. It's flatt, frizzy but I have a lot of it, and it's fine in texture. It's horrible hair.

BUT...this maybe about a dime size with the defrizz is enough to tame my frizz ball hair that never wants to cooperate into something I can manage, and something that looks nice and pretty! It gives me shine, it gives me defintion and really it's a great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After discovering my beloved Sebastian Potion #9 was turning my bleached blonde highlighted hair brassy and orange (since the Potion #9 *is* orange), I had to switch styling products. I set out looking for something that would give my thin hair hold, lift, volume, and texture during blow drying and straightening...but wouldn't ruin my expensive dye job.

So far, so good. While I miss some of the stuff that the Potion #9 provided (like the conditioning properties), I'd say that the Bumble and Bumble Styling Creme is just as good for hold and texture as the Potion #9. I just run a dollop through my hair before blow drying and it provides texture and control for my shoulder-length hair.

The Bumble and Bumble Styling Creme is a bit spendy ($25 for 8 ounces, where I was paying about half that for the Sebastian Potion #9), but an 8 ounce bottle so far has lasted about three months. Totally worth it, if you ask me.

While I'm sure there are better styling cremes out there, for now I am happy and content with this one, and I will definitely be buying it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This styling cream to me seemed a little over priced to me. 23 bucks for 8 oz??? Overall it was an average product with a nice smell. It seemed like it was made of some mix of light weight conditioner and hair gel mixed together. I had read that it was suppose to be good for curly hair but did not notice any improvement. It did not hold my curls together any better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me. I bought it to wear on my naturally curly hair on days I decide to leave it curly instead of blow drying it straight, but it just made my hair feel sticky and dirty and dull. It didn't feel crunchy, which is why I bought it, but I personally would rather feel crunchy and shiny than dull and dirty. I tried using a lesser amount the next time, but I still wasn't happy with the results. Also, this product contains silicones, which I am now staying clear of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I looooove this product. I have straight hair that will just hang if not blow-dried, and so I needed something to keep it smooth and nice even on days that I didn't have a lot of time to style it. Plus, after a pregnancy and with whole-head color, my hair seemed drier and different than before. I had used a Redken product, 7 Velvet Gelatine Silk-infused Gel, but that was making my hair kind of oily and flyaway, although it worked well in the winter. So I decided to try this product, and I really am glad I did.

I used a dime-sized amount and work through my towel-dried hair, then comb through and style as usual. Which lately may just be a 1/2 blowdry and then run out the door. . . The Styling Creme makes my hair shiny and manageable, yet is very light and non-greasy. I got a smaller bottle, and I can tell this will last me a very long time.

Very happy with the product, and it seems to do well in hot humid weather, which is definately a plus. We'll have to see how it does this winter.

Highly recommended.