October 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen-002 Candlelight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The main reason why I love this product: you twist the concealer and apply with the brush (which is why I like it better than UDPP). One to two clicks works great as an eyeshadow base. My shadows don't budge and last all day. However, its use as an under eye concealer typically doesn't work because the color is too pale, I need something warmer/darker (for that I like BB's concealer or LM secret camouflage). I do have issues with applying too much on my eyes, but that's fine because I just blot it out with my finger and it blends right in. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this pen! I sometimes have dark circles under my eyes, which are noticeable but not really bad, this pen gives enough coverage to disguise them, but at the same time is highlighting, so the coverge is sheer and looks very natural under the eye area. It definately gives more coverage than the YSL version, but still highlights. Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:35:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a great find! As I've gotten older, the dark circles under my eyes have gotten worse...and I've been searching high and low for a good concealer that would not only hide the dark circles, but make my under eye area look smooth and bright as well.

This pen does it. It's easy to apply, the color gives a slight glow (without being over - the - top or fake looking), and my under eye circles vanish without looking like I have a pound of concealer on. The color blends well into my pale skin, and it can even be used as a "shimmer/highlighter" for other areas (cheeks, nose, etc).

This is a must have for anyone who has a problem with dark circles, and while it's a bit pricey it is VERY much worth it. I'll definitely be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not a great product but it's not bad, either. I like the coverage and its match with my skin tone. Coverage is very light and just enough. It seems ok but after a while, I got break out. I think this product is the reason. So I switch to Shiseido correcting pencil which I prefer and think works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Whether or not you'll like Skinflash depends on this: do you like thick, masking concealers that completely re-color your eye area? Skinflash is nothing like that. It's sheer, but it's also like using photoshop on your face. It's a very different and believable type of concealer. Personally, I think that no matter what, heavy eye concealer makes a gal look older. Skinflash is never guilty of that. Sometimes I wish it provided stronger coverage when I want to create a bold eye look. If you are looking for something to wear to dinner and look fab, this is a winner. If you want something to make your face look perfect for flash-photography, try Dermablend or Joe Blasco.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Owlmummy

This is a nice concealer and I feel it works well on top (not underneath!) of any foundation. It works particularly well on top of my HG foundation, Bloom Pure Mineral powder foundation. It just provides a little bit of extra coverage under the eyes without any cakiness. I do like the shade and it really is like candlelight when used as a highlighter! I love how easy and mess free it is to use. Not thick enough to be HG as a concealer per se, but I don't think this is the intention with this product.

EDIT: I've since found Guerlain Precious Light and there is no comparison. I have reduced my rating to a 2 now that I now what a pen type highlighter/concealer can really do...with no chalkiness in sight!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW that's in 1 word what I think about this product. I've heared that this is the best DIOR product ever and that nothing else in the past was such a hit seller in stores. It's not a concealer and that's the reason why some people are a bit disappointed when they try this product. In fact, it's a new makeup category, beacause it is something between a foundation and a concealer. My eyes look "fresher" with it. You can also use it before you apply your eyeshadow (eyeshadow stays longer). Beneath your eyebrows it makes your eyes bigger. You can also use it for the fine lines in your face. The brush is easy to use and it's expencive I know, but it lasts really long. You can use it under or over your foundation, or even on bare skin in the summer. It's really SUPER. The best product I've bought in years!!!
Tanja

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Was on the verge of getting another YSL Touche Eclat pen but decided to try something new, so I managed to procure one of these from eBay for a reasonable-ish price.

First of all, the presentation is great. The product comes in its own little velvet bag--a nice touch since the pen is silver and looks like it'd scratch/smudge easily. I think I prefer the design of this pen to the YSL one--sleek silver rather than gaudy gold. The product itself has a very light, creamy texture (slightly more substantial than Touche Eclat, that is, less watery) with a subtle rose scent. I could definitely do without the latter, especially since I mostly use this around my eyes.

I think the lasting power is better than Touche Eclat. I find that it's still mostly on after a few hours, as opposed to the TE, which will have mostly faded away, even when set with a loose powder (I use Laura Mercier's). It also is not quite as sheer, so it has better coverage and it takes less product and fussing to get a rested look. Of course, the color is very light (a very pale whitened beige, similar to TE #1, but without the slight pinkish tone) and the fluid has light-reflective qualities, so if you use too much, you'll get an unearthly glow around your eyes that'll just make you look worse. So use with some restraint.

Application tip: brush a thin layer of this on the places you need illumination action (usually inner corners and about halfway out along the dark circle area--stop below your eye at a spot that lines up with your pupil). Let it sit on your face for a few seconds (just a few), and then gently tap it with your ring finger to blend. If you need more, repeat. Letting it sit dries out the product slightly and gives somewhat more coverage than if you just slap it on and blend right away. If you have really terrible dark circles, you'll need to use a normal concealer first, then apply this on top in the prescribed manner. Nothing will totally erase your sleeplessness, but this stuff will help minimize the effects.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mcarpio

I just don't get it...I'm not understanding what's the big deal about this product. Maybe b/c I really don't use eye make up or need coverage in the eye area that I just don't need it. It's really misleading as a "concealer." Now that's a product that I'm always on the hunt for, but this is not it. Expensive little pen, and I'm not one to complain about price if something works. Therefore, this will be going back to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by misii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started to use this after I was shown YSL Touche Eclat (as I wanted something similar because YSL colors weren't as good a match for me). I used to use BeneFit LemonAid as an eyelid primer until I realized that I needed something less 'yellow' & more neutral to cover the darkness of my deep set eyes. Awesome for this purpose as I never wore eyeshadow before trying this because I always used a heavy line of liquid eyeliner. Loved how much my eyes were brightened so I started to try eye shadows. After running out of #2 I decided I wanted the #1 color because my skin has VERY strong pink undertones rather than yellow - perfect color for me.