December 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by s02155

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used with one exception--it does smudge! But honestly, wearing it my lashes have never looked so good in 46 years. I toyed with the idea of buying it again and just coating it with waterproof clear mascara or something, but then I saw the waterproof version of this one, so it's on order. The reviews are accurate about the smudging. I've never in my adult life had any mascara smudge on me and this one does big time. But your lashes will never look better--Lol. It's so good it might be worth the risk which is why I give it a good rating anyway. Just check the mirror often throughout the day for smudges.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by haptic

I wanted to love this mascara so much but it just didn't work for me. I got a sample of it from Sephora and I tried it out for two weeks and everyday at the end of the day I would have the same problem - I would end up with panda eyes because the mascara would smudge all over my lower eye area. For the price this is definitely not worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this mascara 3 times in a row now and I must say that it is one of the best mascaras that I have ever used.
The brush is not massively huge like many others but surprisingly it coats each lash very well, separates, lengthens and volumises my lashes like no other. The fact that it doesn't smudge, clump and make my lashes stick together is key for me.. With this mascara I get all the volume that I need but my lashes still look neat and somewhat natural as apposed to the clumpy, sticky mess that most mascaras make. another plus with this mascara is that it's nicely buildable, it dries fast so you can apply coat after coat till you get the look that you desire.
Like how other reviewers have said already..The only downside to this mascara is that the tube dries dries out quite quickly, it becomes expensive to use continuously for this reason otherwise it would be 10/10.
Still my favorite at the moment and I have tried almost everything. I will continue to repurchase for these reasons.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Missmakeupgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love this mascara for the first 3 weeks of purchasing it... Then it becomes a cloggy mess! I love the smell and the application and how it makes my lashes look but it's becomes cloggy and unusable to quickly... If it lasted longer I would defiantly buy this again but as its lasting powers are not good I won't buy this again (after trying 3x)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got a mini version of this product and though it's not bad, it's definitely nothing special. IMO. It's WAY overpriced, as most products from this brand are. The brush is the standard bristle type brush. It's very large, not tapered (which I don't like). The formula itself is nice but that's about it.
**UPDATE** Just noticed today that it smells very nice. I don't know why I didn't notice before. It has a unique sweet smell. Very strange for a mascara. I usually use Maybelline which has a rose-y scent. (which I also like)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Masha14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are looking for nicely separated(!), long, soft lushes, and don't mind the price, you should try it. It also has a good staying power, yet easily washes off. One "lipstick" off, as I'm not sure if it will last, a new tube felt as it was not "wet" enough to last more than a month. I will update if it actually lasts 3 month as most of my other mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Mashooshka

I personally feel this mascara is overpriced because you can get the exact same look (big false lash look) with MAC's Haute and Naughty which is $10 less (holla). Plus MAC's doesn't have the awful smell that this mascara has. I returned mine the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by glitterandgold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I'm a bit of a mascara junkie & have got through endless tubes of them, but this is the first one which has really impressed me. It gives an amazing amount of volume which just builds & builds, with good length too. The only downside is that it dries out VERY quickly compared to others I've tried, and then doesn't work as well, so you need to buy another... which isn't great at this price! It also flakes a little towards the end of the day but nothing terrible. Saying this, it is the mascara I keep coming back to as nothing has come close to it yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I bought it 3 times untill now because I love the volume it gives, you would really think I have false lashes and you get great results with only one coat.
Now what I hate about it is that it dries quickly and I have a lot of fallout during the day. It's also very heavy on my lashes and some lashes droop.
If you like very separated lashes this will not be for you, it's more clumpy but personally I like that look.
The tube also dries out quite quickly but I find it gives a better result once it's drier (and even more fallout sadly).
I haven't found a mascara untill now that gives me the same look but without the negatives so I think I'll keep on buying it and hope that one day it will just be HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlily256

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Verb difficult to remove and broke my lashes