July 25, 2014 | 1686 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by katiecap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I generally don't like applying my foundation with a flat brush like this, because it tends to come out a streaky and takes a little too long to blend it in for my liking. That said, this is a nice brush. I use it to blend out my Maybelline Color Correcting stick in corrective green on my cheeks and sides of my face because I have scarring from a skin disease in that area. The reason I only gave it a four is because I can't use it for what its intended for, but still a nice brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation brush for the price. It applies the foundation pretty evenly. It's good for light coverage, not for heavy coverage. There is a bit of streakiness during the application, but it's easy to blend it away with this brush. I haven't experienced any shedding at all, and the bristles are pretty soft. They have a lot of "give", or pressure, when you push on them. Like most of the Essential brushes, the metal part isn't well attached so you have to glue it on yourself. It isn't very good for under the eyes though, since it leaves streaks, and unlike on the face, it's hard to blend them out. Overall, a pretty good brush for the price. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hudrum

This gave me a really streaky finish and I found it really hard to blend with the plasticky bristles. However, I've started using it to apply a cream blusher, and it's working fine for that. It doesn't shed and it's lasted quite well (over a year).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too much shedding to he useful. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jorates

Ok brush for runnier foundations, as long as I lean it close to the skin or it will streak. Also, after covering the face, I have to blend it rotating it 60 degrees.
If I apply powder, the powder brush will end the finishing.
Otherwise, it is good to finish careless with a powder brush (empty) anyway.
If it is too much work for you, pass it - but in terms of cost/benefit, I would take a chance.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

disappointment.
that's all i can say over this brush.
it doesn't apply product, it absorbs product.in order to match the foundation to my skin color/tone, i dont use single foundation , but rather a mix of some liquid+cream+bb cream. i use this brush to apply the mixture from my palm to my face, and it doesn't work. i end up using too much products to make another mixture, and poof.and over the application, it doesnt glide or doing exactly the applying thing,it just makes nasty blots and blotches.
and it's just being devilish stubborn over cleansing. i've tried brush shampoo,baby shampoo, dish cleaner,and i gave up.foundation mixture leftovers wont budge AT ALL since it got trapped and stuck on the bristles.

i use it to clean my computer now.it does well after demoted to the IT department

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Okay, so I don't actually use this for makeup, but for applying homemade face masks. I love it! It helps me apply the masks so smoothly and evenly, and come on, it's a dollar! So if it gets gross, I can just buy another. I love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by 1092126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really like it. It does the job but is super streaky and the top and bottom broke so I've super glued a couple times. But you never can beat a dollar so If I do use it I just pat over it with a sponge and its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Bryz30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is unbeatable for the price. I highly prefer this to using my fingers (or a sponge) to apply liquid foundation. The key to using? You've got to blend away any streakiness! Seriously this is a steal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first foundation brush and I wasn't impressed. The foundation would sometime come out streaky and I just transitioned to my fingers/stippling brush. My overall opinion is this brush is terrible. I know the $1 price tag is tempting, but I'd recommend finding something else.