October 25, 2014 | 842 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I had Vex years ago and I loved it. I kinda forgot about it and rediscoverd it. I still love it, it's very unique. I wear a lot of neutrals, but I get sick of them, and Vex helps me break away! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite MAC eyeshadow. I love putting this all over the lid - it just instantly brightens my eyes. This is the perfect neutral eyeshadow that gives you a bit of an OMMPH or a POP of color. It has a bit of a pinky, silvery, golden, taupey -greenish dimension - all in all a range of different colors. The color of this eyeshadow sort of shifts/changes depending on what its paired with. Its really unique and is a must have, I am just so grateful that it is a permanent. I feel like you can use a lot of crease colors with this e/s, its just so versatile. Best part? It doesn't crease and lasts longer than most MAC eyeshadows.
I love pairing this with Patina,Satin Taupe, or Mulch on the crease and with Shroom as a highlight - my go-to eyeshadow look!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by saxgurl231

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so in LOVE with this shadow it's not even funny. It's by far my favorite go-to lid color for everyday. I feel like I can pair this with any crease color and it will look amazing. It looks AMAZING with copperplate in the crease and a dark matte shade in the outer v. I'm gonna try this with Humid in the crease tomorrow and see how it turns out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a beautiful gray/pink Iridescent shadow. i love using this on my inner corners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased Vex because I love MAC's duochrome shadows, of which this is one. But I'm a little disappointed in it. It's not really green, not really silver...but looks more silver than greenish on my eyes. It's just not the greatest colour for me - not really super as a lid colour and not something I'd use as a highlight. I've tried combining it with other shadows, in combos that others have suggested, to make it work a bit better and to use it up. It's not hideous or anything but it's also just sort of "blah" for me and I wouldn't repurchase.

Update - Jan/2011: I've added 1 lippie and changed my "buy again" to "yes" (though "maybe" is probably more accurate since I really like trying new highlight colours). I've been working with Vex and liking it more and more. I find it looks great on the lid and brow bone or as a wash when paired with Shale in the crease/outer v. Today, I'm wearing Vex all on its own (well, overtop of Painterly PP), packed (rather than brushed) on my lid and I keep catching sight of myself and thinking my eyes look so bright and awake (not at all how I feel, I can tell you!). So while I might or might not repurchase (so many shimmery and light colours from MAC to try - Nylon, Ricepaper, Vanilla, Crystal Avalanche...you get my drift), I have really changed my mind about this shadow. I like it much more than on first "exposure".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I had made a mistake when I bought this eyeshadow, how wrong I was...
I have green/brown eyes, this eyeshadow is now one of my favorites (top 5) and I have tons ! I cannot travel without it !
When I have applied it for the first time it wasn't showing as much as I wanted to, then I have tried with some cream base (like base study from Mac) and it has become my HG for my eyes...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by livvlovesglitter12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really beautiful color. Like a silvery-white with green and pink shimmer. If you pack it on the lid you have a unique, pigmented lid color, but used has a light highlight or in the inner corner it's just a shimmery white. I also use it to blend colors up to the browbone or blending two colors on the lid. I like to wear it with MAC Club for neutral days. It's straight up pretty to look at in the pan too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

VEX is definately a MAC signature color (exceeded perhaps only by CLUB?). It seems like a useless color for someone who sticks primarily with a neutral, wear-to-work eye. But its extravagance lured me, and it's utility has me reaching for it again and again. It takes a madman to conjure up a green shade that plays neutral, but bravo to whoever did it. Try VEX on lid with COPPERPLATE in crease and your fave deep color in the outer "V". Gorgeous - and surprisingly work-appropriate.

EDIT: I was shopping my stash for an eyeshadow to go with the bright colors of Spring 2013, and VEX is perfect. It's muted pink/green/silver prettiness goes with bright colors without competing with them and keeps the eye soft but not too naked.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

In general I prefer other brands, but I go to MAC for some of their unique colors and LE items. Case in point - Vex - one of the most unusual shadows I've ever encountered. It's a grayish/silver with green and pink duochrome (or triochrome?) Recently, I like to wear Vex all over the lid with Club along the lashline. It gives an understated smoky look that's not too overdone for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Zinc doesn't work well with my skin's chemistry and MAC shadows are loaded with it.I swapped away most of them but kept my favorite 4 (Vex, Copperplate, Era and Patina) and this is one of them.

I had it for months and couldn't decide if I liked it or not, than I paired it with Copperplate and fell in love. I wear Vex in the lid and Copperplate in the crease and it's makes a nice neutral/cool natural eye.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.