April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite MAC eyeshadow. I love putting this all over the lid - it just instantly brightens my eyes. This is the perfect neutral eyeshadow that gives you a bit of an OMMPH or a POP of color. It has a bit of a pinky, silvery, golden, taupey -greenish dimension - all in all a range of different colors. The color of this eyeshadow sort of shifts/changes depending on what its paired with. Its really unique and is a must have, I am just so grateful that it is a permanent. I feel like you can use a lot of crease colors with this e/s, its just so versatile. Best part? It doesn't crease and lasts longer than most MAC eyeshadows.
I love pairing this with Patina,Satin Taupe, or Mulch on the crease and with Shroom as a highlight - my go-to eyeshadow look!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by saxgurl231

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so in LOVE with this shadow it's not even funny. It's by far my favorite go-to lid color for everyday. I feel like I can pair this with any crease color and it will look amazing. It looks AMAZING with copperplate in the crease and a dark matte shade in the outer v. I'm gonna try this with Humid in the crease tomorrow and see how it turns out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

a beautiful gray/pink Iridescent shadow. i love using this on my inner corners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased Vex because I love MAC's duochrome shadows, of which this is one. But I'm a little disappointed in it. It's not really green, not really silver...but looks more silver than greenish on my eyes. It's just not the greatest colour for me - not really super as a lid colour and not something I'd use as a highlight. I've tried combining it with other shadows, in combos that others have suggested, to make it work a bit better and to use it up. It's not hideous or anything but it's also just sort of "blah" for me and I wouldn't repurchase.

Update - Jan/2011: I've added 1 lippie and changed my "buy again" to "yes" (though "maybe" is probably more accurate since I really like trying new highlight colours). I've been working with Vex and liking it more and more. I find it looks great on the lid and brow bone or as a wash when paired with Shale in the crease/outer v. Today, I'm wearing Vex all on its own (well, overtop of Painterly PP), packed (rather than brushed) on my lid and I keep catching sight of myself and thinking my eyes look so bright and awake (not at all how I feel, I can tell you!). So while I might or might not repurchase (so many shimmery and light colours from MAC to try - Nylon, Ricepaper, Vanilla, Crystal Avalanche...you get my drift), I have really changed my mind about this shadow. I like it much more than on first "exposure".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I had made a mistake when I bought this eyeshadow, how wrong I was...
I have green/brown eyes, this eyeshadow is now one of my favorites (top 5) and I have tons ! I cannot travel without it !
When I have applied it for the first time it wasn't showing as much as I wanted to, then I have tried with some cream base (like base study from Mac) and it has become my HG for my eyes...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by livvlovesglitter12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really beautiful color. Like a silvery-white with green and pink shimmer. If you pack it on the lid you have a unique, pigmented lid color, but used has a light highlight or in the inner corner it's just a shimmery white. I also use it to blend colors up to the browbone or blending two colors on the lid. I like to wear it with MAC Club for neutral days. It's straight up pretty to look at in the pan too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

VEX is definately a MAC signature color (exceeded perhaps only by CLUB?). It seems like a useless color for someone who sticks primarily with a neutral, wear-to-work eye. But its extravagance lured me, and it's utility has me reaching for it again and again. It takes a madman to conjure up a green shade that plays neutral, but bravo to whoever did it. Try VEX on lid with COPPERPLATE in crease and your fave deep color in the outer "V". Gorgeous - and surprisingly work-appropriate.

EDIT: I was shopping my stash for an eyeshadow to go with the bright colors of Spring 2013, and VEX is perfect. It's muted pink/green/silver prettiness goes with bright colors without competing with them and keeps the eye soft but not too naked.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general I prefer other brands, but I go to MAC for some of their unique colors and LE items. Case in point - Vex - one of the most unusual shadows I've ever encountered. It's a grayish/silver with green and pink duochrome (or triochrome?) Recently, I like to wear Vex all over the lid with Club along the lashline. It gives an understated smoky look that's not too overdone for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Zinc doesn't work well with my skin's chemistry and MAC shadows are loaded with it.I swapped away most of them but kept my favorite 4 (Vex, Copperplate, Era and Patina) and this is one of them.

I had it for months and couldn't decide if I liked it or not, than I paired it with Copperplate and fell in love. I wear Vex in the lid and Copperplate in the crease and it's makes a nice neutral/cool natural eye.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

One of my first MAC eyeshadows and definitely one of my favourites too because its versatile. Kinda shimmery silver/beige with a hint of pink and green. It honestly goes great in combination with purples and browns on the crease. I personally haven't tried it with Vex as some have said on here and I'm now looking forward to trying it together. Overall, I think it will match any colour you decide to apply on the crease because the various hints of pink and green makes it so versatile and not boring at all! Definitely one of those MAC eyeshadows you need to have!!