August 29, 2014 | 1309 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this shampoo does a good job but it has DMDM hydantoin in it high up on the ingredient list which is FORMALDEHYDE!!! which is terrible for you do nott purchase this product, kerestase bain mirror is much better at maintaning color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Kinda pricey, but I'll do whatever it takes to give my unapologetically red lowlights a fighting chance. Smells good, not overpowering. Keeps my hair fresh for a couple of days so I don't have to wash every day which would also fade my color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by barby81

I have used this shampoo bout 3 times have to say its awesome. My hair was really dry and damaged and this shampoo made my hair feel so much softer will definately buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by missmindy

Great shampoo for colored hair, moisturizes while keeping long lasting color for your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is one of my favorite shampoos. I bought this in a 1000 mL container with the 1000 mL conditioner as a sale pack. I have used this almost every day for 6 months and I still have about 1/4 of the product left. The smell isn't special -- smells like pretty much every other Redken shampoo/conditioner, but it's not a big deal to me.
This shampoo really does the job for me. In the 6 months I've been using it, I have had my hair professionally colored and I have colored it with box color. (For reference, I color my very dirty blonde hair a medium-platinum blonde.) No matter what I color my hair with, this shampoo keeps the color from fading. It is also a very creamy and moisturizing shampoo, but it doesn't make my hair oily, which is my biggest problem with most shampoos. It also really removes all the oil from my hair (another problem for me) so that my hair is fresh and clean after washing.
One of my favorite things about Color Extend is that it removes the baby powder I use in my hair when it gets oily. I haven't found a good dry shampoo, so I pat baby powder onto my roots when I need to. I have found that after I do this, other shampoos don't lather well & sometimes it takes up to 3 or 4 lathers before my hair is actually clean, which is ridiculous. (It's not like I use a whole bottle of powder on my roots). Color Extend lathers up perfectly no matter what is in my hair, and gets all residue and oil out. Yes, this is a bit pricey, but I haven't found a cheaper shampoo that can do a better job than this, so I'm willing to splurge on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I use this every other day, on my red hair. Atm, I'm conditioning more, since my hair is dry... BUT this is a great shampoo. In return, I also use the conditioner. If I were to use drugstore again, this color I have, would have been gone already. Total via my salon, both cost me 28 dollors. Kind of pricey, but well worth it, since it also leaves my hair tangle free and smelling lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cyntriago

I've been coloring my hair for about 5 years now. I've always been on the look for a color-treated hair shampoo that will keep my hair color looking fresh longer. This shampoo is NOT it. I decided to try this shampoo per the recommendation from Allure magazine, having given it the best shampoo for color treated hair award last year. Boy, were they wrong!!! It leaves my hair stringy, dry and tangled if I don't use the conditioner. With the conditioner it leaves my hair oily and limp. SO basically there is no winning with this product. Disappointing...on to the next one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo. It smells kind of like baby powder though which I personally don't mind. It keeps color from fading. It also make my hair feel nice and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lgottke

This shampoo works fairly well with keeping the shine and color in your hair after even 5-6 weeks aftering a salon coloring. I do use the conditioner for softer hair as we have to deal with hard water here. I wish the smell was more pleasant. It smells of a "chemical" type consistancy. I am familiar with Redken products, but must say I am a bit disappointed with this particular shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this shampoo few years ago. Now, even if expensive, I bought it again and used it for 2 months. However, I noticed my hair did not have any better quality, no great results. Even hard to brush after using it, I used it all (just coz it's pricy) but will not buy again.