MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 10/17/2011 5:31:00 PM

CLUB is just such a singular color - described well by all the other reviews. It is so pretty it takes my breath away everytime I use it. I wear this in the day by smudging it along my upper lashline/outer-v. Packing it on instead of swiping gives a slightly different texture - denser green effects, but both are just so pretty added to a neutral eye design. I think its beetle-like effect is alluring enhancing the eye instead of competing with it.

on 10/7/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A great nighttime eyeshadow from Mac. I use it over UD primer potion and that brings out the green in this duo chrome shade. I think it's probably better on darker skins as it very dark on my pale skin (I wear Nars SG in Mont Blanc).

on 9/23/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Such a great color.To make it look more green today I put NYX Horse Raddish Jumbo pencil on lid, put club over it, smoked it out with Wedge and Smut. I liked it so much, tomorrow I'll be wearing it for a bbq party too.

on 9/23/2011 11:05:00 AM

This is one of my favorite eye shadows. Maybe it IS my favorite. It literally is so gorgeous. It is a brown red shimmery color with green duochrome. It blends super well and is just so amazing! I pray Mac never discontinues this beauty. I will die. I would absolutely repurchase! I like to apply this with the color by Mac called 'Vex'. It gives it a very unique effect. Try it! :)

Mac products are a bit steep. I have a Mac pro account so I am able to receive 30% off, so that is a blessing for sure! I love Mac and I will always buy it.

on 9/10/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great color that's versatile, can be applied dark and dramatic or lightly for a smokey day look. I wear it quite of with neutral matte shades and it's very pretty and I think it would work with an array of skin tones. My eyes are usually always blue (sometimes they're green, yup they change from time to time) and it compliments them just fine. So glad I got it!

on 9/8/2011 3:11:00 AM

This is a fun eyeshadow! It can be used as a liner, over another liner, as a lid color, as a crease color. You can put different colored bases under it to change the effect a bit or use it on it's own. It's great for night, but if used right it can be lovely for the daytime, too. I adore the duochrome effect and will buy another as soon as I hit pan.

I don't have any problems with creasing when used over a primer. The quality of the shadow is good. It applies smoothly and is not too hard or too soft.

The packaging is standard MAC eyeshadow packaging - black container with a flip lid, the lid has a clear space so you can see the color inside. It snaps shut and won't come open in a bag. Very useful. You can also buy the pan alone and put it in a palette if you don't feel like de-potting, but want it out of the case.

I paid $14.50 (now it's $15.00) for it, but the pan alone is available for $11.50.

on 8/29/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this eyeshadow. I like how it changes on your eyelid from brown to a beautifully green color. You can wear this one on its own but I like to use a highlighter with it. I like this eyeshadow.

on 8/27/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I love this, but hardly ever wear it because I'm kinda shy about my lid colors, lol. However, if you really want to bring out the green in it, I highly recommend trying BareMinerals Prime Time in Racing Green underneath. It is amazing.

on 8/27/2011 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This eyeshadow never appealed to me in the pot. I bought it on the recommendation of a make up artisit and I am happy I did! This eyeshadow comes off brown/greenish depending of how it is used.

I like to pair it with all that glitters, goldmine or gorgeous gold on the lid with club in the crease and espresso or carbon in the outer v. I also use it on its own, pack it on the lid and blend it out into the crease. Duochrome effect comes out.

on 8/26/2011 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Club must be one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows. I usually use Groundwork paintot very lightly as a base on my eyelid. I then pack Club onto my lid and blend it out into my crease. It is very hard to describe the color. When used like this, Club is brown/grey with a green sheen (though not as green as on some of the pictures that are posted here) on my eyelid and a warm brown in the crease (where it has been blended out). I love the combination of a cool lid and a warm lid. The pigmentation is very good, especially when using a colored base. I have never used Club with a black or green base, but I think this would also change the color. I love Club because it looks as if I've spent much more time on my eye make up then I actually did. I also like it that Club is suitable for day and night, depending on which base you use and how much product you apply. Would definitely buy again if I ever run out.

Top Rated MAC Products