December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Skincare - Body - Dove - Anti-Perspirant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

This stuff is GREAT!!!! I'm not a major sweater (barely break a sweat after 15 minutes of jogging), but not many anti-perspirants seem to keep me dry! It was upsetting because I wasn't sweating anywhere, but my underarms would feel wet. Yuck! Secret didn't do a thing. I was previously using Mitchum solid, which was doing a decent job. I had tried the Dove solid and the roll-on in the past, both of which I didn't like at all (the roll-on doesn't dry very quickly at all) and the solid got crumbly. I always hear such great things about Dove deodorants, so I thought I'd give it one last try. I bought the invisble solid in "original scent". I am amazed! Not only does it feel so smooth and glides so nicely, it doesn't crumble or feel gooey. As far as the scent goes, I think it's the most wonderful deodorant scent I've smelled. I usually use powder scents, but I wanted something different. The 'fresh' smelled flowery to me, but the 'original' smelled like soap! Very clean smelling..which is just what I wanted. Dove keeps me dry and odorless all day! No irritation, no crumbly pieces, and no weird goopy feeling. ALSO, it washes off easily. I don't know about you, but Secret just does NOT seem to want to wash off! I'll scrub and scrub with my mesh sponge, and I can still feel the layer of goo when I shave. Ok, too much information, so I'll just end this with: TRY the invisible solid! It's wonderful! EDITED 8/31/05 - This was great, but it broke me out after I was on my second tube..? I stopped using it and switched back to Mitchum, and the big rash was gone. I still recommend this, because it did seem to work well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by BlueRain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Much much better than Secret. Keeps me dry and I have never felt an irritation. It has never crumbled on me or had other problems. My favorite so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2005 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is deoderant for people who don't really need deoderant. If you have any kind of sweating problem, this is not the product for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by logicwillbreak

this is great, i have the fresh scent and it doesn't keep ME that dry, b/c i sweat excessively and i use something else for that, but it smells great and keeps my skin soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by IRoNGrL77

I love this product. I use the fresh scent and the smell is great and it keeps me dry. I won't use any other brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 9:12:00 PM More reviews by dangerousfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is one of the best things I put on my body. I've always suffered with dark "stains" under my arm pits or hyperpigmentation, if you want to be technical. I've been given topical treatments which would help a little but barely and they were a pain. Then Dove started making antiperspirant/deodorants and I was "saved". At first I dismissed the raves of skin healing because as an avid rider and barn worker I found Dove's product to be a poor competitor to the anti-sweat/smell of my old antiperspirant. Once I was at university and not working outdoors I gave it a try again and my hyperpigmentation is GONE (it took consistant use but faded little by little). My underarms are soft and, even better!, no longer have the appearance of dyed skin. I also found that my body adjusted to the Dove? Whatever. All I know is I ride and workout in Dove and don't have a problem except on the most humid summer days. Dove Invisible Solid (I like "Powder") is my HG of antiperspirants.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by aligator

I really do like this deodorant! I have it in Fresh and it smells really good!! I do like how my pits seem more moisturized and softer, not that I ever touch them or anything.. It also seems like this deodorant washes off much better than Secret! I do have to say that this doesn't keep me very dry.. I don't sweat a lot, but when I do work out, I find that I'm a little bit wet. I bought 4 of these from Costco for $6! So, that was a pretty good deal! And it smells good! Overall, a good deodorant but not so good if you are going to break a sweat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by essence293

I have tried two versions of the Dove anti-perspirant. The first one I tried was the invisible solid in the fresh scent. This held up to being invisible and I loved the scent.
Now, the solid in powder, I love!!! The only reason I took one lippie off is because it is easy to apply too much and it is a mess when you put it on but somehow it dries down, doesn't stain and the holding power is a lot better imo in comparison to the invisible. Like many of you, I have been searching for a good anti-perspirant that I can stick with, that will control perspiration as well as odor, come on we're females, we're supposed to look and smell the part :-) I think I will be sticking with the Solid in the Powder scent because it really seems to work for me but I guess I need to control how much I'm "clicking" when I apply it. Anyway, good product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start by saying that I do not have sensitive skin at all. I could rub myself down with battery acid, and nothing would happen. Given that, this Dove wasn't anything special. It went on okay, it did its job, no ill effects. But what I don't like about it is that it's so darn crumbly! When I got down to about and inch of product left, the whole thing would crumble apart and break off. Major waste of product and money! So back to Secret I go...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sph188

This stuff is great. It smells good, totally keeps my dry and odorless, and goes on smoothly. It has never abrated my skin. I've been using it for a couple years now and won't switch to anything else.