April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Skincare - Body - Dove - Anti-Perspirant

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by logicwillbreak

this is great, i have the fresh scent and it doesn't keep ME that dry, b/c i sweat excessively and i use something else for that, but it smells great and keeps my skin soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by IRoNGrL77

I love this product. I use the fresh scent and the smell is great and it keeps me dry. I won't use any other brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 9:12:00 PM More reviews by dangerousfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is one of the best things I put on my body. I've always suffered with dark "stains" under my arm pits or hyperpigmentation, if you want to be technical. I've been given topical treatments which would help a little but barely and they were a pain. Then Dove started making antiperspirant/deodorants and I was "saved". At first I dismissed the raves of skin healing because as an avid rider and barn worker I found Dove's product to be a poor competitor to the anti-sweat/smell of my old antiperspirant. Once I was at university and not working outdoors I gave it a try again and my hyperpigmentation is GONE (it took consistant use but faded little by little). My underarms are soft and, even better!, no longer have the appearance of dyed skin. I also found that my body adjusted to the Dove? Whatever. All I know is I ride and workout in Dove and don't have a problem except on the most humid summer days. Dove Invisible Solid (I like "Powder") is my HG of antiperspirants.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by aligator

I really do like this deodorant! I have it in Fresh and it smells really good!! I do like how my pits seem more moisturized and softer, not that I ever touch them or anything.. It also seems like this deodorant washes off much better than Secret! I do have to say that this doesn't keep me very dry.. I don't sweat a lot, but when I do work out, I find that I'm a little bit wet. I bought 4 of these from Costco for $6! So, that was a pretty good deal! And it smells good! Overall, a good deodorant but not so good if you are going to break a sweat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by essence293

I have tried two versions of the Dove anti-perspirant. The first one I tried was the invisible solid in the fresh scent. This held up to being invisible and I loved the scent.
Now, the solid in powder, I love!!! The only reason I took one lippie off is because it is easy to apply too much and it is a mess when you put it on but somehow it dries down, doesn't stain and the holding power is a lot better imo in comparison to the invisible. Like many of you, I have been searching for a good anti-perspirant that I can stick with, that will control perspiration as well as odor, come on we're females, we're supposed to look and smell the part :-) I think I will be sticking with the Solid in the Powder scent because it really seems to work for me but I guess I need to control how much I'm "clicking" when I apply it. Anyway, good product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start by saying that I do not have sensitive skin at all. I could rub myself down with battery acid, and nothing would happen. Given that, this Dove wasn't anything special. It went on okay, it did its job, no ill effects. But what I don't like about it is that it's so darn crumbly! When I got down to about and inch of product left, the whole thing would crumble apart and break off. Major waste of product and money! So back to Secret I go...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sph188

This stuff is great. It smells good, totally keeps my dry and odorless, and goes on smoothly. It has never abrated my skin. I've been using it for a couple years now and won't switch to anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by she_thinks_it

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this product by accident. I forgot my deodorant when I went to my in-laws' for a weekend and my MiL gave me an extra stick of this that she had in the closet. I don't have sensitive or dry skin, but I am one of those people that sweats if you look at me wrong, and I thought it did a terrific job of controlling perspiration. And no odor at all. The invisible solid didn't come off on my clothes (and I wear a lot of black, so believe me, I notice!) and it lasted quite a while. My new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel like a new door in my life has opened up after finding the Dove Sensitive Skin product line. Previously, I went through deodorants like they were water, because every one I tried made my underarms itch or sting, and worse, I had problems with other anti-perspirants/deodorants "failing" on humid or yucky days, or just over time. After trying Dove Sensitive Skin anti-perspirant/deodorant, the story of my underarms has a happy ending. No stinging, no dryness, and protection that really works, for once.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2005 9:27:00 PM More reviews by XkitX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dove Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant is the best deodorant I have ever used... and Ive used plenty of other brands (Degree, Lady Speed Stick, Crystal Clean, and Suave Performance, to name a few).
The company boasts it has 1/4 moisturizer in it. The proof is that other deodorants Ive used have burned my underarms, left them dry, irritated and itchy. Most days I would walk around scratching them and looking a little like a chimpanzee. But after I started using this, the itchiness went away and my underarm skin looks and feels amazing. I love it ... it is without a doubt my HG deodorant. *~BTW, my friend has excessively sweaty feet (shed kill me if she knew I was saying this (LOL) and her Podiatrist (foot doctor) actually told her to use this on her feet after showering. She said it worked great and that the bottoms of her feet look better than they ever have.