October 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soft & feminine, though a little too sweet 4 me..

I got this sample a while back and wore it to da club and to breakfast the next day. During breakfast, whilst my bff and I ordered, the waiter paused, lifted his head up, looked at me and exclaimed someone was smelling good.

:B He was cute, too.

It's very flowery, which I like, but very sweet, which I don't like. However, my cousin complimented me later on that day on it so I might give in to peer pressure & make this my next fancy perfume buy. :D

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lionz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Usually I go for fresh, lightweight, aquatic scents- however I was intrigued by Flowerbomb as soon as I got a sample of it. This is the only heavily floral and romantic scent that I own, and I do reserve it for nighttime only. I think it's sexy and sensual and feminine- perfect for special date nights in any season.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by vanegar14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Flowerbomb has a very pleasant smell, it is a floral scent with a hint of vanilla . I would definitely recommend this product to my friends. Very youthful and lasts a few hours too.( i would say about 3-4 hours before i needed to reapply again.) Great product, worth every penny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was at Sephora testing fragrances looking for a gourmand. The SA suggested Flowerbomb, telling me it is their #1 seller. I had tried it before, knew what would happen and was busy sniffing others. She was persistent tho, telling me how "vanilla" it was on her, and how "I really should try it" since the perfumes I was choosing all had vanilla, patchouli or musk somewhere in their notes. I love orientals and that's what I had come in to look for.
So finally I sprayed some on and waited for the initial drydown. I let the SA smell my wrist and she exclaimed, "Oh no...all I smell is powder. That's not what it smells like on me." And she was right. I've sampled this before, and all I get is a powdery scent from it. Now don't get me wrong, I like powdery scents, but I also like to get some other notes mixed in, too. But, unfortunately, nothing else comes out of Flowerbomb for me. Just pure powder.
I enjoy complexity in my perfumes. Had I purchased it, the only way I could use it was as an addition to other perfumes as a mixer to balance or create.
Obviously, it's a hit for so many people, tho. I say give it a try and see how it works for you. It's not offensive at all, it's a soft, pretty powder, and I cannot justify the expense for one sole scent on myself.
Fascinating how scents mix so differently on people. One woman's treasure is another woman's garage sale.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Tea, Osmanthus.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, African Orange Flower, Freesia, Rose, Orchid.
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jhoughton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fruitchouli overdose. However, there is less of the patchouli when applied by a rollerball.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Flowerbomb is not really my thing. From smelling the flowerbomb i get a sense of romantic overload. I do not know anyone else but my mom that cannot get enough of this scent i gifted her a 1 and 3.4 oz Flowerbomb perfume, after knowing she had been wanting it for 10 long years! It actually does suit her very well. However not at all compatible with my body chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Fragranceaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I heard about Flowerbomb and decided I must give it a go! I ran out to Sephora and purchased the rollerball. My first thought was, ok great this is not offensive and it was comforting but my second thought was, I have smelled this before. While the scent is smooth and gentle and sweet it was familiar to me. And in my opinion not worth the high price tag that is attached to this perfume. Don't get me wrong it's a neat scent but it's nothing unusual. In fact it reminds me of something perhaps that I might find in say Victoria's Secret or even at BBW. I had higher hopes for this well rated popular scent. If you enjoy sweet and don't mind the price tag I would recommend it. However I feel it's not a one of a kind or unusual in any way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear J'Adore regularly, before I started becoming a perfume madman and trying a new scent every day. I just got a small bottle of this from Ebay, and let me tell you, this is a very distinct scent. Years ago, a friend of mine put a drop on her wrist and let me smell it, and when I put some on, the moment came back to me with such clarity because it smells exactly the same. To me, it is like J'Adore, in that it is very well blended-I do not get any distinct tea, flower or patch notes-and creates a veil of scent that is both light and warm at the same time. The vibe is different-J'Adore is opulent, darling, and Flowerbomb is sweet-but they are both sensual confidence-boosters, and what else could you ask for in a scent? If you like J'Adore, give this a try.

ETA 12/30/13: Changed the "buy again" from yes to no. I still think Flowerbomb is sweet (both in the frag notes and the way it makes you feel) and massively wearable, but I swapped mine in favor of other perfumes that play better with my body chemistry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had a sample made up for me from Sephora and it is already gone in two days. For an expensive scent like this, it should last longer than 1 hour. It smelled lovely while it lasted on my skin and lasted longer on my shirt when I mistakenly sprayed on it instead of my wrists. Would not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it is just me, but it's amazing how much my fragrance taste and preferences have evolved and changed in just two years. I received Flowerbomb as a Christmas gift in 2010 and was so excited because it was the one gift i was dying to get. I loved everything about it: The name (because it had flower in it, but didn't smell like your typical floral), The bottle, and most importantly the scent itself. This is a sweet perfume with a little bit of floriental involved. I must have worn this perfume almost everyday from Christmas 2010 to November 2011. As I became more of a fragrance addict I researched and purchased more and more scents and slowly moved on from my Flowerbomb obsession. Then one day I decided to spray Flowerbomb on my wrist and was thrown off by my reaction. I wasn't in complete disgust with the scent, but it definitely smelled too sweet for my nose!

Over the course of two years my preferences for fragrances have definitely changed. My favorite perfume at the moment is Armani's Acqua di Gioa at the moment and Stella McCartney's is my current want. By the way Stella's perfume used to repulse me back in my days where I was obsessed with wearing Flowerbomb. Overall my fragrance taste has definitely changed from less sweet to more fresh and floral fragrances.

By the way I do not think Flowerbomb is an overall bad perfume, but just not right for me anymore. It's very sweet, but if you are looking to try it give it a whiff!