October 2, 2014 | 1580 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Flowerbomb is not really my thing. From smelling the flowerbomb i get a sense of romantic overload. I do not know anyone else but my mom that cannot get enough of this scent i gifted her a 1 and 3.4 oz Flowerbomb perfume, after knowing she had been wanting it for 10 long years! It actually does suit her very well. However not at all compatible with my body chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Fragranceaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I heard about Flowerbomb and decided I must give it a go! I ran out to Sephora and purchased the rollerball. My first thought was, ok great this is not offensive and it was comforting but my second thought was, I have smelled this before. While the scent is smooth and gentle and sweet it was familiar to me. And in my opinion not worth the high price tag that is attached to this perfume. Don't get me wrong it's a neat scent but it's nothing unusual. In fact it reminds me of something perhaps that I might find in say Victoria's Secret or even at BBW. I had higher hopes for this well rated popular scent. If you enjoy sweet and don't mind the price tag I would recommend it. However I feel it's not a one of a kind or unusual in any way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear J'Adore regularly, before I started becoming a perfume madman and trying a new scent every day. I just got a small bottle of this from Ebay, and let me tell you, this is a very distinct scent. Years ago, a friend of mine put a drop on her wrist and let me smell it, and when I put some on, the moment came back to me with such clarity because it smells exactly the same. To me, it is like J'Adore, in that it is very well blended-I do not get any distinct tea, flower or patch notes-and creates a veil of scent that is both light and warm at the same time. The vibe is different-J'Adore is opulent, darling, and Flowerbomb is sweet-but they are both sensual confidence-boosters, and what else could you ask for in a scent? If you like J'Adore, give this a try.

ETA 12/30/13: Changed the "buy again" from yes to no. I still think Flowerbomb is sweet (both in the frag notes and the way it makes you feel) and massively wearable, but I swapped mine in favor of other perfumes that play better with my body chemistry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had a sample made up for me from Sephora and it is already gone in two days. For an expensive scent like this, it should last longer than 1 hour. It smelled lovely while it lasted on my skin and lasted longer on my shirt when I mistakenly sprayed on it instead of my wrists. Would not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it is just me, but it's amazing how much my fragrance taste and preferences have evolved and changed in just two years. I received Flowerbomb as a Christmas gift in 2010 and was so excited because it was the one gift i was dying to get. I loved everything about it: The name (because it had flower in it, but didn't smell like your typical floral), The bottle, and most importantly the scent itself. This is a sweet perfume with a little bit of floriental involved. I must have worn this perfume almost everyday from Christmas 2010 to November 2011. As I became more of a fragrance addict I researched and purchased more and more scents and slowly moved on from my Flowerbomb obsession. Then one day I decided to spray Flowerbomb on my wrist and was thrown off by my reaction. I wasn't in complete disgust with the scent, but it definitely smelled too sweet for my nose!

Over the course of two years my preferences for fragrances have definitely changed. My favorite perfume at the moment is Armani's Acqua di Gioa at the moment and Stella McCartney's is my current want. By the way Stella's perfume used to repulse me back in my days where I was obsessed with wearing Flowerbomb. Overall my fragrance taste has definitely changed from less sweet to more fresh and floral fragrances.

By the way I do not think Flowerbomb is an overall bad perfume, but just not right for me anymore. It's very sweet, but if you are looking to try it give it a whiff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by couterbridge

Love, love, LOVE this scent!... I own quite a few perfumes (YSL Parisienne, Prada Candy, Marc Jacobs Lola to name a few) and am quite accustomed to switching it up. However, my mother kept telling me as a woman, its fine to have a number of perfumes but you must find you signature! Lol Well that is exactly what I have found in Flowerbomb. It definitely lives up to the hype. Its feminine, sexy and both strong and light at the same time (if that's possible). It is a very warm and sensual scent. Flowerbomb is the BOMB

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No no no! I really hate the strong floral scent of this perfume. It was stinky and gave me a headache. I don't get the hype!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I love love this! It's amazing it's a sexy, alluring, uplifting floral smell, it's very feminine and makes me feel very fun and womanly. I love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been dying to try this based on the internet hoopla so I finally broke down and bought a small bottle of the parfum from an Amazon seller. I do not recommend buying perfume from an Amazon seller because I've been duped (on a Vera Wang rollerball of all things) but I digress. I used a bit of the parfum over the past few weeks and, although I really couldn't smell it on myself, I got several compliments. I finally decided to buy a big bottle. Yes, the price is off putting and yes, if you want this you will spend at least $50 but who cares if you like it. I shopped around and found an online site that sells full sized testers at a pretty good discount price (again, beware of buying testers as they can be fakes too - do your research on online sellers!).

The bottle of EDP I got is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. The scent is nice and strong and it lasts and lasts. I don't really detect a bomb of flowers so where the name comes into play I have no idea. On me, Flowerbomb smells more like a nice baby soap. Clean and crisp but still warm and sexy. It's one of the few perfumes that meshes well with my chemistry. When I find a perfume like that, I snap it up.

I know a lot of people are now poo pooing Flowerbomb because it's over hyped, everyone is wearing it, it's not "complex" enough, yada, yada. Personally, I don't care about any of that. If you like something and it makes you feel good/sexy/whatever, wear it. In this case, I'm glad I listened to the hype because I adore this scent. I couldn't give a toss if it's not considered sophisticated or complex enough for the perfume snobs out there. At the end of the day, it's all smelly alcohol we douse ourselves in to boost our own moods so wear what you like.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Shelbs7455

This is not usually the type of perfume I wear; I normally go for the classic/clean perfumes...however it caught my attention at Sephora for some reason. I was hesitant about shelling out the money for such an expensive perfume since these types of perfumes tend to give me headaches, but I took a chance on this one. So far it hasn't given me any headaches and although it may smell strong at first but it isn't overpowering at all. It almost reminds me of Vera Wang's "Princess" for some reason but better.... it is subtley sweet yet fresh at the same time and it has a beautiful dry down. This works well with my body chemistry and has great staying power.