October 24, 2014 | 925 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by danarana

I paid $34 for this concealer in Australia - a complete waste of money. This concealer cracks and creases after1 hour! It is very very sheer. If you have dark eye circles like me, stay away from this concealer. I ended up throwing this away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by YeeSun

I bought this because the SA recommended to me. I was looking for a concealer that covers red spots and pimples.

I'm dissapointed about the staying power. It fade away very quickly!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by emma_14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shame on you MAC. This is a drugstore quality concealer at a department store price. Girls, you might as well go and buy a cheapy from Priceline.

I know it's supposed to be light and moisturising for under the eyes but it's just too sheer. Select Cover-up brightens up the eyes a lot better without being heavy or drying. If you're going to buy a concealer, buy a proper one that actually camouflages and just be light-handed with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sonya19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just a warning - I'm usually NC30 and bought this concealer in this shade as usual. However, I found it darker than my other NC30 products, which is not good when I want to use it under the eyes! Be sure to check the colour carefully before purchasing.

I also feel other MAC concealers are better value i.e. the Select Cover-up, as you get double the amount of product for a similar price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off i live in australia and this thing cost $34 aud here, and personally i think its very over priced, i think its $16.50 in US?? which i think is much more approachable price point for what the product is.

I bought it because i want a lightweight concealer that i can use everyday without looking cakey. and looking around i thought the moisturecover will do the job i want. plus i got a department store gift card which will make the thing cost $14 aud hence i decided to give it a go.

I was matched with NW20, to be honest i am not sure if thats a perfect match. I have relatively fair asian skin, which makes me not overly yellow and not pink.

the lady tried the NW20 in store and it looks better than the NC, she said thats my color and she is probably right in the sense thats the best option, but when i tried it at home, i actually think its looks quite yellow?! its not too horrible so i can still use it.

The staying power and cover power however is really not something i would rave about. Its comfortable to wear but it barely cover any marks, dark eye circles or blemishes. i am not talking about red pimples or acne, just the slight mark after healing. It just doesnt cover, it makes the marks slightly less obvious but its not a concealer.

though i love the doe foot applicator! i wish more company use this!! usually tubes squeeze out too much and brushes are messy and doe foot is perfect!

ETA: i am actually liking this now, once i set this with power it actually hides my dark eye circles really well, not blemishes though, but it looks good under eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by stls

I've been using this concealer for years, mostly for undereye area. Blends well, feels moisturizing and doesn't look obvious or cakey at all. Also it's fairly priced and you can always B2MAC at the end.
It's not for intense dark undereye circles though and what bothers me most is that it wears off during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by deegee10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this Mac Moisturecover concealer in NC45 for about a year and really wish I'd discovered it sooner. I have extremely dark circles and dark discolouration of skin around my eyes and over the bridge of my nose due to having severe eczema as a teenager which has pretty much ruined my complexion. I used to use a fashion fair concealer in dark (unperfumed) for years but it never gave me enough coverage, wasn't an exact match and the hard texture was not easy to blend in easily. But I was resigned to using it as it was aimed at dark skin tones and was the closest match on the high street I found, or so I thought.

I wish I'd looked into Mac sooner, as after I tried NC45 I haven't really looked at anything since. The colour is a great match and is not chalky or whitening as I'd previously assumed. (I'd always thought mac did stage makeup and mostly catered for white skins, but was I wrong there).

Anyway I like the thick creamy texture of the liquid and the coverage is pretty good. I'd like it to be a little more opaque though but that's because my dark circles really are several shades darker than the rest of my face. Might not be necessary for those with a 'normal' concealer requirement (I don't consider mine normal). I usually use the body shop all-in-one face base on top to set the concealer afterwards and smooth out any "joins" lol.

I do like the wand applicator on this concealer but I'm not too sure I like the overall packaging as I find the wand doesn't reach all the way down to the bottom of the pot so once you've used it up to the level of the wand tip, there's often a bit left at the end that gets wasted as you can't get it out. I don't want them to ever change this product but maybe they should consider incorporating a longer wand, which would be helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by DSNW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good concealer if you don't have very dark under eye circles. Need to use a powder on top to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by kpl30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I apply it after my Nars foundation and it conceals my blemishes and under eye circles perfectly. It is easy to apply and blend and I don't even have to add a lot! I love the texture and the consistency of this product - it is not thick like other concealers! And it makes me face look glowly and flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by hatsumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This, paired with Bobbi Brown's Corrector, helps cover up my dark circles. I like how the formula is light but has good coverage. The packaging is excellent and I never experience leaking of product. I like the doe-foot applicator because I can apply this product in precise amounts. Recommended.