July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off i live in australia and this thing cost $34 aud here, and personally i think its very over priced, i think its $16.50 in US?? which i think is much more approachable price point for what the product is.

I bought it because i want a lightweight concealer that i can use everyday without looking cakey. and looking around i thought the moisturecover will do the job i want. plus i got a department store gift card which will make the thing cost $14 aud hence i decided to give it a go.

I was matched with NW20, to be honest i am not sure if thats a perfect match. I have relatively fair asian skin, which makes me not overly yellow and not pink.

the lady tried the NW20 in store and it looks better than the NC, she said thats my color and she is probably right in the sense thats the best option, but when i tried it at home, i actually think its looks quite yellow?! its not too horrible so i can still use it.

The staying power and cover power however is really not something i would rave about. Its comfortable to wear but it barely cover any marks, dark eye circles or blemishes. i am not talking about red pimples or acne, just the slight mark after healing. It just doesnt cover, it makes the marks slightly less obvious but its not a concealer.

though i love the doe foot applicator! i wish more company use this!! usually tubes squeeze out too much and brushes are messy and doe foot is perfect!

ETA: i am actually liking this now, once i set this with power it actually hides my dark eye circles really well, not blemishes though, but it looks good under eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by stls

I've been using this concealer for years, mostly for undereye area. Blends well, feels moisturizing and doesn't look obvious or cakey at all. Also it's fairly priced and you can always B2MAC at the end.
It's not for intense dark undereye circles though and what bothers me most is that it wears off during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by deegee10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this Mac Moisturecover concealer in NC45 for about a year and really wish I'd discovered it sooner. I have extremely dark circles and dark discolouration of skin around my eyes and over the bridge of my nose due to having severe eczema as a teenager which has pretty much ruined my complexion. I used to use a fashion fair concealer in dark (unperfumed) for years but it never gave me enough coverage, wasn't an exact match and the hard texture was not easy to blend in easily. But I was resigned to using it as it was aimed at dark skin tones and was the closest match on the high street I found, or so I thought.

I wish I'd looked into Mac sooner, as after I tried NC45 I haven't really looked at anything since. The colour is a great match and is not chalky or whitening as I'd previously assumed. (I'd always thought mac did stage makeup and mostly catered for white skins, but was I wrong there).

Anyway I like the thick creamy texture of the liquid and the coverage is pretty good. I'd like it to be a little more opaque though but that's because my dark circles really are several shades darker than the rest of my face. Might not be necessary for those with a 'normal' concealer requirement (I don't consider mine normal). I usually use the body shop all-in-one face base on top to set the concealer afterwards and smooth out any "joins" lol.

I do like the wand applicator on this concealer but I'm not too sure I like the overall packaging as I find the wand doesn't reach all the way down to the bottom of the pot so once you've used it up to the level of the wand tip, there's often a bit left at the end that gets wasted as you can't get it out. I don't want them to ever change this product but maybe they should consider incorporating a longer wand, which would be helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by DSNW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good concealer if you don't have very dark under eye circles. Need to use a powder on top to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by kpl30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I apply it after my Nars foundation and it conceals my blemishes and under eye circles perfectly. It is easy to apply and blend and I don't even have to add a lot! I love the texture and the consistency of this product - it is not thick like other concealers! And it makes me face look glowly and flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by hatsumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This, paired with Bobbi Brown's Corrector, helps cover up my dark circles. I like how the formula is light but has good coverage. The packaging is excellent and I never experience leaking of product. I like the doe-foot applicator because I can apply this product in precise amounts. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

My new HG concealer! I am usually NC30-32 strong yellow undertones. i got it in NC20 to cancel out my minor blueness under my eyes. This works perfectly but what i love most about it is the consistency. It is more liquidy rather than a thick concealer and like it says, moisturizing for the undereyes. Always wanting coverage, I went for thick conealers and all they did was cake and accentuate dryness and fine lines (and I'm 21!). This reminds me very much of the Garnier roller concealer and I used to love that (and I still do). I found that that very liquidy consistency is what I need under my eyes. However, my problem with that one was that the coverage was very minimal. I don't have extremely dark circles, but they are there. The moisturecover reminds me exactly of it but with more coverage, and more shade selection! The pink tones (since I got NC20) aren't major so I don't need to put another concealer over it, you REALLY can't tell at all, it just helps a bit with color correction without being too extreme as to being a noticeably different color from my skin. So glad I found this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful concealer that I always make sure I have a backup of on hand. I wear NC35 in this, & for reference, I have a warm toned, medium (half Italian) complexion. It's sooo moisturizing, and perfect for the undereye area that should always look fresh and hydrated, not cakey and dry. I am a huge concealer junkie, I own so many, both HE and DS, and none moisturize like this one. It doesn't settle too badly into fine lines, but that's also because of my application technique, which is with a fluffy e/s brush like the 224, which gives a fabulous airbrushed finish. The coverage is medium and quite buildable. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kayleebabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing and not cakey at all! This concealer applies beautifully and goes on smoothly without having to tug and pull underneath your eye area. I just wish it was a little bit more heavy coverage for my hereditary dark circles but for the way that it applies and finishes I can compromise. All other concealers cake and flake underneath my dry skin and eyes and this concealer finishes so beautifully and naturally. Only problem with it, is that because its so cream it settles into your fine lines, BUT a great solution to it, is to take a dry brush (such as an eye shadow one) and just pass it over the eye area afterwards. This gives it an airbrush finish and makes it look so natural and beautiful.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

i really like using this on any areas of my face that foundation isn't enough for. it does an amazing job of covering while still looking natural. what i love most is that i can use it for my skin but i can also use it under my eyes. i don't really have too much trouble with dark circles and i find that most under eye concealers make me look almost bug eyed? it holds true to it's name and does deliver moisture which is something i enjoy. it lasts longer on my face than it does under my eyes which is why i gave it a 4. overall, great product and have purchased it numerous times.