Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 10/24/2010 1:37:00 PM

PROS: Looks great (the Rose color) as a blush on my friend's very fair, cool-toned skin. Love the big mirror in the case.

CONS: A little pricey, but you need so very little that this will probably last her years. Can be very shimmery if you're not careful; you had better want at least some shimmer.

********The first seven pictures are the following colors (in this order): Beach, Beige, Bronze, Nectar, Pink, Pink Quartz, Rose. (The first seven pictures should stay in order even if others add pics. later. But confirm these before relying on them to be sure.)*********

on 8/3/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product so much. I bought this for myself in bronze, my 55 year old mom loved it so I had to give it to her, then I re-purchased, also in bronze. This is really pretty and adds life to my face. I'm a tanned olive and it's perfect as a highlighter (lighter colors), shimmer bronzer (browner colors), and eye shadows - really good to take traveling because it's multipurpose. The quality is amazing.

That said, be careful as it cracks easily. For travel and storage: I recommend keeping the thing styrofoam-paper-y-thingy on the palette and putting a make up sponge between it and the mirror. It takes up some of the excess space and the powder will be less likely to crack and crumble if it gets banged around.

As eyeshadow it give a wet, dewy look - this could be the "greasy" look others have commented on. If you find it too wet looking on your cheeks, I recommend tapping it on with one brush (and use a fan brush or something similarly loosely packed with hairs - blush brush will be too dense) and then buffing it in with a powder/bronzer/ or kabuki brush. Or just use a light hand. It's one of those "candlelit glow" products.

Lastly, it IS a highlighter. Really pretty on top of cheek bones towards temples, in the bow of the lips, and on the eyes (light color is especially good in the inner corner). But not all over or you'll look like a bronzed Tin Man.

on 6/10/2010 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After years of owning the "Bronze" shimmerbrick and not really using it- I bit the bullet again and bought "BEACH". I LOVE beach. It combines enough of the pink, peach, bronze to give a nice glow as opposed to just shimmer shimmer everywhere. It actually made me look like I had been on vacation! I highly recommend the beach to those with fairer skin looking for a more realistic shimmer that's not overly glittery!

on 2/28/2010 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The colors are WAYYYYYYYYYY to similiar.
i dont know if its because they're WAY too shimmery or there is something wrong with my eyes.
i just cant tell the difference!
but nice color though. the shimmer is beautiful

on 12/12/2009 11:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I really like this product. It has multiple uses. I've had it for a while and so far I've used it as: eyeshadow, blush, highlighter, shimmer on body, and just to add a little sparkle to my makeup for the day! The colors are gorgeous, and provide a flattering option for my fair skin. Instead of bronzer I use a little of this on my cheeks to give me a slight glow. I absolutely love it, and will be repurchasing once I run out. I recommend it to all of my friends, and they love it as well!

on 10/30/2009 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought Pink because I was doing few bridal makeups this summer and thought it's perfect for that....a blushing bride of course...I'm a sucker for all that glitters but try to avoid glitter because I'm over 30 yrs old. I had to try many ways how to use this stuff on my own face and not look like a teenager. Finally figured it out, and saw one old flame I haven't seen in 15 yrs, and I was complimented how my face still looks the same. Secred - shimmerbrick and Benefit Realness of concealness... made me happy.

on 10/20/2009 10:42:00 AM

Received as gift. Nasty, unrefined shimmer. There are many more beautiful shimmer powders out there. Mine has gone in the trash, as I refuse to give or swap away products that I wouldn't touch myself.

on 8/6/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this last night in Bronze. I'm going on vacation and wanted to take one highlighter. At Nordstrom's it looked beautiful on my hand and had a soft highlighted look thanks to dept store lighting. After applying it lighlty in full daylight it looks ghastly. I have very oily skin with large pores and OMG it looks disgusting. I dotted it on my 7year old who has porcelain complexion and she said her face looked greasy and wet. WAY too much shimmer.

on 8/4/2009 2:26:00 AM

I have this in Pink Quartz.

Beautiful product for highlighting (I use it on the top part of my cheekbones and nose). Never used the colors separately for eyeshadow and blush, so can't comment.

It's really light, and really complements my whole make up regime in terms of texture and ease of use.

Awesome packaging - shiny black, BOBBI BROWN elegantly printed in gold across the top, huge mirror inside, gold trim on the edge of the powder cake, plus good latch.
It's really sturdy, I've used it for almost 2 years now (I don't have make up on that much), and it's dropped more than 10 times, started to crack after a while and recently fell apart. I repackaged it into a small jar, hope it works!

Couldn't comment on the paper packaging and the price as it was given to me by my cousin as it wasn't suitable for her beautiful tan/olive skin tone.

on 12/16/2008 10:38:00 PM

I was excited to try this product after reading the great reviews but it is way too shimmery for me. I have good skin and very small pores but this just accentuated them and looked terrible. I can't imagine how this would look if you have large pores to begin with. This may be an option for night time wear but definitely not for day time. It doesn't look natural at all to me.