April 23, 2014 | 1401 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by charcamayne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Pink Quartz.

Beautiful product for highlighting (I use it on the top part of my cheekbones and nose). Never used the colors separately for eyeshadow and blush, so can't comment.

It's really light, and really complements my whole make up regime in terms of texture and ease of use.

Awesome packaging - shiny black, BOBBI BROWN elegantly printed in gold across the top, huge mirror inside, gold trim on the edge of the powder cake, plus good latch.
It's really sturdy, I've used it for almost 2 years now (I don't have make up on that much), and it's dropped more than 10 times, started to crack after a while and recently fell apart. I repackaged it into a small jar, hope it works!

Couldn't comment on the paper packaging and the price as it was given to me by my cousin as it wasn't suitable for her beautiful tan/olive skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to try this product after reading the great reviews but it is way too shimmery for me. I have good skin and very small pores but this just accentuated them and looked terrible. I can't imagine how this would look if you have large pores to begin with. This may be an option for night time wear but definitely not for day time. It doesn't look natural at all to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I am on my 2nd Bronze s/b, I love it! Gives a great bronzy glow. Although they seem expensive, I think they're worth it - they last forrrrever & are gorgeous! Would definately buy again, would love to try other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by dupatinaglace

i have it in Rose and i love it! it gives my cheeks a really healthy glow without screaming "BLUSH"! it's expensive though so i'm going to find a cheaper product next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

The colors are really pretty and u can use it as eyeshadow too!!However, it has too much shimmer to my liking and it actually accentuate my pores or imperfections due to the shimmer. But it does give you a warm glow and radiance if you apply it correctly. However, i would rather spend the money on something else from Bobbi Brown,

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by candrakirana

Ingredients:
Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

I have this in Brownie. The color is really pretty on the cheeks but the shades are too pink to wear on the eyes. This also accentuates any imperfections such as acne or large pores. It's too shimmery for the day but it gives such a nice glow at night. I don't find myself reaching for this often so I probably won't repurchase once and if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I own the one with the gold and beige champagne shades. What a cool product! Not only can you swirl a brush on this and make a pretty highlighter for your cheeks or other parts of your body you want to add a bit of shimmer to, but you can use the individual stripes as eyeshadow or a highlighter on the browbone. The shades are so pretty and full of shimmer. The packaging is sturdy and attractive. Would buy again, but probably won't have to as this should last awhile!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by patti777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard alot of good things about bobbi brown's shimmer bricks, but as I've learned, shimmer is not a good idea with older skin. The shimmers accentuate my pores, even with a primer. If you have ANY type of wrinkling, even minor, this product will put a spotlight on them. The colors are lovely (I purchased the bronze), but this product is clearly for young skin. The lip glosses were divine though and I don't think anyone does natural or nude shades like bb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It took me a while to figure out how to best use the different shimmerbricks, so this review is especially for all fair skinned beauties out there. For reference, my skin is quite fair (cool toned PPP, BB Alabaster/Porcelain).

The first shimmerbrick I purchased was the Beige and I also got the BB face blender brush along with it. I then got the Pink which I use for neutral or cooler looks and the Beige with neutral and warmer colors, and I put on the shimmerbrick after applying blush to accentuate the cheekbones. I then ventured out and got the Rose, Pink Quartz and Tawny Shimmerbricks which work very well when I use them solo as blush. But I really need to apply them with a light hand and a fan brush (I use Paula Dorf's), whereas the BB face blender brush will leave far too much color on my cheeks when I use it with those deeper shimmerbrick shades. Actually, before I discovered the fan brush I was almost convinced I could not make the deeper shimmerbricks work for me at all! The right tools indeed make all the difference :)

What can I say, I like all my shimmerbricks, Beige and Pink are my highlighter staples, Rose, Tawny and Pink Quartz are fabulous as blushes for a subtle glowy look. When I purchased my first shimmerbrick 4 years ago they were $35, nowadays they are $38. However, after years and much use I still have plenty of product in all of the compacts left, so for me their value justifies the price tag. And if I ever run out I will definitely repurchase. I like the packaging too, they come in a square shiny black mirrored compact which looks very elegant.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No