Redken Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

4.2

Water/Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-23, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laureth-4, Methylparaben, Isopropyl Myristate, Laureth-7, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Xylose, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Oleth-10, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Disodium Cocamphodipropionate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Polyquaternium-10 (D6260/5)

on 12/8/2009 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this along with Redken's "Iron Silk" spray after a haircut a while ago. My stylist said I could use just these 2 products and that's it. They were expensive - more than I can really afford to spend on hair products - but this has lasted me a long time & isn't close to be used up yet.

I use this with a tiny bit of cheap serum on my ends and it does help my hair to dry faster. I hate the fact that I have to blowdry every time I wash my hair if I want it to look nice (otherwise it gets wonky and frizzy, not to mention it's super thick so it takes a looong time to air dry) but this helps speed up the drying time and so also cuts down on damage. It also makes my hair softer and a little smoother than blowdrying with just serum.

This is almost one of those products that you don't know has become a staple until you forget to use it one day. I take it for granted for sure, but when I don't use it, I miss it. I don't know if I'll repurchase, if I did it would be only for the quick-drying benefits because I find serum does enough for smoothness and softness. But I doubt I could find a drug store hair product that is this specialized, so I just may shell out for it again!

on 12/7/2009 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

On my second bottle. Love this product. Have fairly unruly hair. (half curly) and it leaves my hair soft sleek and shiny. Also feels less bulky. Fab

on 12/7/2009 2:02:00 PM

Wow. I feel like I bought a completely different product than the one reviewed by the majority of the reviewers. I really disliked this product on several levels. First, the fragrance is simply horrific. It is a very sharp, perfume-y scent, very similar to Clinique's 'Happy' perfume (which gives me a major headache - so cheap smelling). Second, it dryed my hair, dulled the shine, and made my hair a bit tangly (and my hair NEVER tangles). It did not make my hair soft in the slightest. I believe I bought it for approximately $15 (5 oz). A definite no buy for me.

on 10/23/2009 12:56:00 AM

I have long, thick, halfway-down-my-back dyed blonde hair and I'm fanatical about keeping it in top condition to continue my 6-8weekly assault by blonde dyes/foils etc.
I got this on recommendation by my hairdresser and I LOVE it!
I use it every time I wash my hair, whether I blow-dry or not. I find if I don't use it, I can really tell, my hair isn't as manageable and needs washing sooner. (how does that work?!)
I let my hair dry naturally for about 20 minutes before I apply one pump then brush. One pump is all you need... The bottle lasts ages! I usually don't put any other products in my hair, maybe a serum for shine if I'm going out but thats it.

on 9/9/2009 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love how lightweight this product is. I usually just put it from about my ears down, and it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I also notice alot less damage in my hair and it also makes blowdrying faster and leaves your hair shiny. Also like most redken products the smell is soo good !The only drawback is the price, in my opinion.

on 8/28/2009 5:05:00 PM

I have recently added this to my arsenal of defrizz/ straightening products. This is a great product, I have thick, ringlet curly hair that triples in size throughout the day. No kidding there are girls like us out there ha ha.! One thing I have found to really boost the effectiveness of this product is to squeezed out as much water as possible, apply my super skinny serum then after a couple of minutes Satinwear. I have found that waiting about 5 minutes after applying the Satinwear before blowdrying makes a big difference. Allowing the product to settle for a few minutes seems to magnify the slip. Most of you will not have to use both a serum and this but for those with my type hair they know what I mean. Even after special s/c for smoothing, serums, satinwear, blowdry, flatironing and following with a shine product My hair will still fall in smooth waves. If the humidity is high and ( in SC when is it not ?)a curl or two will try to sneak in. The satinwear has helped quite a bit.

on 8/14/2009 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

After trying several products to attempt to achieve volumous hair that doesnt flatten during the day, or indeed the next day, I have to say that this is the only product i have used (and there have been a few) that doesn't weigh my hair down, make it greasy or dull. My hair is quite thick and nearly poker straight naturally so i often found it hard to get the volume i wanted that would look good and last. This product offered this for me and you dont need to use lots of it to get such results! Highly recommend ps. loveeeeeee the smell too :)

on 7/14/2009 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have thick curly hair I blowdry straight & love this stuff! Makes my hair so soft & shiny! I flatiron with Reken iron silk after using this both HG's!

on 4/27/2009 2:25:00 PM

made my hair really soft, but did absolutely nothing for frizz. my hair is pretty thick and i get it bleached and this thin lotion was no match for how course and damaged it is. i experienced some slight greasiness at the roots and had to wash my hair more often than usual. wont repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i was using kiehls straightening cream before and this is FAR more superior...leaves my hair soft and speeds up drying...awesome product!

Popular Styling Products