LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 6/15/2012 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Buffy is a great moisturizing body massage/peeling bar, that is offering both super soft skin plus some moisture. That would all be perfect, if it would not come in the bar form. I am having troubles in terms of packaging with almost all Lush products, in this case its really not practical to put it just like that on the shelf or into the shower, it is making everything super greasy.. Thatís why I stopped buying it, otherwise it was perfect.

on 6/10/2012 7:54:00 AM

I am crazy about this product! Buffy has seriously made a difference to my shower routine, it leaves me with such soft, moisturized (some may find it abit too greasy feeling..?) legs and hands, and at first i kinda hated the smell of this but it grows on me. everytime i use it, i feel like i'm stepping into the LUSH store. i have finished 1 of the small bar and have since repurchased the bigger bar. i tried aqua mirabilis, but it is slightly courser in terms of the scrubbing qoutient, but it does not moisturize as well, plus it smelt like peanut butter which i really hate in the shower. so BUFFY IS NOW MY HG, i cant live without it, altho it is pricey as hell because i go through a 100g bar in 2-3 weeks!

on 5/30/2012 7:43:00 PM

This is my favorite Lush product (and I have and constantly buy a lot of Lush products).

It is also my favorite body exfoliator ever. It is coarse enough to give me a good scrub but not too coarse to hurt me. It works great on arms, legs, back, but, after shaving, before shaving... just anything really...

I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and a little on my thighs. My thighs have never been smoother and more uniform in color and texture. The KP is worse on my arms but it improved greatly after using buffy.

It is incredibly moisturizing and when I'm feeling lazy I don't even have to moisturize after my shower/bath.

I would not recommend this to people who are prone to body acne because it really is oily and can make you break out.

Otherwise this is a holy grail for me and I will repurchase it as long as they make it. When I buy the large size version it lasts a VERY long time, it is definitely worth the money.

on 5/26/2012 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love. Exfoliates and moisturizes. I barely even use lotion anymore. Don't think I'll ever part with this stuff. I walked into Lush asking for a body lotion, the sales woman pointed me towards this. I took a leap and bought this even though I thought I wanted a traditional cream moisturizer. So glad I did.

on 5/8/2012 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another great LUSH product that I'm now on my soap box preaching about! I have keratosis pilaris (a fancy term for what I call "chicken skin") on the back of my thighs, my booty and back of arms This product exfoliates those areas, (along with the rest of my skin if need be) and conditions them as well with its built in moisture. You cannot get a better soap. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE LOTION AFTER SHOWERING! Your skin is fully moisturized and smelling fantastic, if used on your entire body. Such a kick ass product :-)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I have only tried this once, but I am already sold on it. I have had those annoying tiny bumps on the back of my arms ever since I was a young child. My mother and my older brother both have them, so I always thought they were genetic and that I would have to just deal with it. I have tried other exfoliants in the past, but nothing has been able to remove them. Well, I tried Buffy for the FIRST time last night and nearly 90% of the bumps on the back of my arms are GONE. Oh my gosh! I keep feeling the back of my arms because I can't believe something I have hated and have had for nearly my entire life was removed so quickly (under 2 minutes) by a product I purchased on a whim. It also made the rest of my body feel super soft, too.

I am, however, removing one star because I do not think my skin is dry enough for the body butter contained in Buffy. It left my skin feeling fairly oily and heavy, but it wasn't too bad that I felt dirty. Just very, very moisturized.

on 3/29/2012 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Where has this been all my life? I first found out about Buffy from a blog article about prepping your legs for summer... It's just what I needed! After covering my legs with denim all winter long, they were looking pretty drab and there was a lot of dead skin since I don't have the habit of properly exfoliating OR moisturizing. I'm terrible, really. I heard this would exfoliate AND moisturize so I ran to Lush and bought this along with the tin container. WOW. It did a really good job at smoothing out my legs, but what amazed me the most is how soft my butt is now... Love it! At first I was a little put off my the buttery feeling it left on the skin, but I let it slide since I figured it was the extra hydration my body needed. Also, the smell is only so-so, but I'm also ready to disregard that since my skin looks GOOD. I use it every few days and it's not irritating at all. It's a little expensive but totally worth it...

on 3/22/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

will not repurchase again ever! it felt like i was rubbing butter on my skin. left my skin feeling greasy and sealing my dead skin cells than scrubbing them off. and it absolutely reeked-to gag. i'm not sure if i got one from a bad batch maybe, but it was not a good experience.
sorry lush.

on 3/19/2012 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Lush body butters are pretty innovative products in general but I especially love Buffy for it's exfoliating and moisturizing properties. I keep mine in a tin to prevent it from melting. I use this in the shower as my last step every other day and it keeps my skin soft and moisturized. This product doesn't last very long and I've purchased a backup in the larger size (I hardly purchase backup products). As long as Lush keeps making this, I will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very reluctant to purchase this because the price is pretty steep. I can't say that I regret the purchase because I do like to try products for myself and this does what it claims to do. My problem is, it doesn't work well enough for me and the needs of my skin. I have moderate keratosis pilaris on my arms and the only thing that has kept it in check is deep exfoliation and moisturization on a regular basis. One of the few complaints that I have heard directed at this product is how abrasive it is. Well, I suppose if your skin is normal that might be an issue for you, but I NEED and enjoy the abrasion, and actually find the exfoliation too mild for me. And while it does moisturize your skin slightly, I still have to apply a body lotion or oil afterward. Of lesser importance is the smell. I'd be a bit more enthused about this product if it smelled really good, but it just has a more subtle, more tolerable Therapy massage bar fragrance (which I HATE). Overall, I can't echo the hype on this product. I could achieve much better results for a lot less money by making my own scrub by mixing essential oils, a carrier oil, and sea salt, which is exactly what I'm going to do.

Top Rated LUSH Products