April 21, 2014 | 1784 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the Buffy bar for a year and a half. I use it 1-3x a week and I have had excellent results. This bar is pretty abrasive but, it does an amazing job exfoliating and moisturizing. I buy a big bar and store it in a silver tin that Lush also sells for about $3, at first it will not fit all the way in the tin but once you have used it for awhile it will fit right in. I have found that the best time to use it is at the end of your shower, turn the water temp up and get your body good and hot. The bar seems to work better when applied to hot skin. Rinse the leftovers off and towel dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by dmastra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I orginally was hesitant about this product. One of the lush saleswomen sold me on it though. I'm the kind of person who always wears lotion once you get out of the shower. This product gives you great moisture and it is a gentle scrub. Smells amazing. Overall I loved it. I will say a tad bit pricey... Didn't last me more then a month of everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

For a LONG time I did not like LUSH products. About 9 months ago I decided to try them again but I steered clear from the hair products. They dried up my hair so bad it looked like hay. Sooooo, I went in and they did this whole hand treatment. I walked out with lemony flutter and Buffy. Although I have my HG exfoliator (Jo Malone) this stuff is great, especially for regular use (a couple times a week). I love using it on my feet, my elbows, and as part of my manicure routine. In all honesty it also does a great job on your butt! Do not leave it in the shower or it will just melt away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love exfoliating my entire body with Buffy. When a LUSH sales associate used this on my skin, I could not get over how smooth my arms were so I HAD to buy it! I use it once a week, have used it 4 times in the last 4 weeks already and there's hardly a dent.
Let me tell you how I store it. I keep it in a ziplock baggy in my medicine cabinet until I know I'm going to use it. I use it in my shower and quickly put it back in the ziplock bag on top of my shower door. I NEVER let it stay under the running water. Sure, the baggy can get pretty gross in that bag, but it's a tiny price to pay for having my bar around.
Helped me all winter long, there's no dry skin Buffy can't handle. Would buy so many more bars when I need them. Nothing works better on my finicky skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In all honesty, I would say buffy is one of my favourite scrubs. First of all, it come's as a solid bar meaning that it is easy to apply onto your wet skin during showering/bathing. I would say it is quite abrasive when applying but then just generally rubbing over with a hand soon afterwards it is not so bad. Also, it moisterises which makes the skin lovely and soft, specially when skin is rinsed. It is also useful if you are travelling a lot as it can just go in a small sandwich bag or other small container.

It doe's the job in exfoliating while leaving really smooth skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tracyrose21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought this time and I can already notice a difference. It is great when you don't have time to moisturize and exfoliate although it was a little more abrasive than I expected. Great for the winter months, will buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I'm quite happy with this. I love that it is in a solid form because I can take it with me if I go out of town. I also think that it makes it easier to use because I spot-treat with it where ever I want/need. The sand is very exfoliating, but I wouldn't say abrasive-feels great! Such a good compliment to the smooth cocoa/shea butter base which is very moisturizing and lasts for a few days. I bought the smaller bar for about $11, and have used it about a dozen times. Not very economical, but I do like not having lizard legs in the winter so I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Younggrasshopa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product since I heard it's good for KP. After using this about 3 times a week for almost 4 weeks, I'm only about half way done with the bar, which is actually not bad. So far, it has gotten rid of some of the bumps on my arms but not all of them. There are still dots on my skin where to bumps used to be, but hopefully those will go away once I find a product for that. I just got Dream Cream to use with this (have used the duo twice) and so far, it's no different than using Buffy alone. (Will update this post if that changes) The first time I used this, my skin was really red. You have to be really careful with this, and rub it slowly and gently and then it's fine. I will let you know if this gets rid of my bumps completely.
As of now, I think this product is so-so. I'm disappointed that it hasn't made a big difference yet, but I'm glad that it has done something.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

Buffy is great! I will say that it is VERY abrasive. It stung slightly when I was using it on my arms, but they weren't super dry--my intention for this product is to try and get rid of some small bumps on my arms. It did feel waxy in the shower when I was done using it, but after I dried off it felt great. It isn't the most fun product to use, but the results afterwards are great. My skin was so soft and smooth! I have only used it one, but I was surprised how MUCH of the product was gone after I used it. I bought the smaller block ($11.95 for 3-ish ounces) and I would say that this will last me 10 uses or less. But this isn't a product that I'll need to use everyday and I think the price will be worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Ney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buffy is the best body butter I have ever used. I am a big lush fan and I get all my skin care products from there but this is the first time I've tried their body butters and this is the first one I've tried. The cocoa butter and the Shea butter leaves the skin soft and well moisturized while the almond, rice and beans exfoliates your skin. so it's like a 2 in one! it's a great product especially in the winter when my skin gets dry and itchy and stuff... It's well worth the money!