August 2, 2014 | 1125 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by MissPeony

The Lush body butters are pretty innovative products in general but I especially love Buffy for it's exfoliating and moisturizing properties. I keep mine in a tin to prevent it from melting. I use this in the shower as my last step every other day and it keeps my skin soft and moisturized. This product doesn't last very long and I've purchased a backup in the larger size (I hardly purchase backup products). As long as Lush keeps making this, I will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

I was very reluctant to purchase this because the price is pretty steep. I can't say that I regret the purchase because I do like to try products for myself and this does what it claims to do. My problem is, it doesn't work well enough for me and the needs of my skin. I have moderate keratosis pilaris on my arms and the only thing that has kept it in check is deep exfoliation and moisturization on a regular basis. One of the few complaints that I have heard directed at this product is how abrasive it is. Well, I suppose if your skin is normal that might be an issue for you, but I NEED and enjoy the abrasion, and actually find the exfoliation too mild for me. And while it does moisturize your skin slightly, I still have to apply a body lotion or oil afterward. Of lesser importance is the smell. I'd be a bit more enthused about this product if it smelled really good, but it just has a more subtle, more tolerable Therapy massage bar fragrance (which I HATE). Overall, I can't echo the hype on this product. I could achieve much better results for a lot less money by making my own scrub by mixing essential oils, a carrier oil, and sea salt, which is exactly what I'm going to do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As I stated in another review of a LUSH product, I'm fairly new to the brand and still attempting to figure out what works for me and what is simply hype. Buffy is definitely a LUSH product that is worth the hype. I LOVE this!

I have super dry skin that has only gotten increasingly drier as I have aged. As a result, I need a good exfoliater that can also moisturize. Buffy does just that and in spades! While I'm not gaga over the smell, I am gaga over the results. This leaves my skin super smooth and moisturized. Since I'm super lazy, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to slather on lotion after using Buffy.

The only downside to this product is the price. Despite this, I have already ordered another big bar because it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the Buffy bar for a year and a half. I use it 1-3x a week and I have had excellent results. This bar is pretty abrasive but, it does an amazing job exfoliating and moisturizing. I buy a big bar and store it in a silver tin that Lush also sells for about $3, at first it will not fit all the way in the tin but once you have used it for awhile it will fit right in. I have found that the best time to use it is at the end of your shower, turn the water temp up and get your body good and hot. The bar seems to work better when applied to hot skin. Rinse the leftovers off and towel dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by dmastra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I orginally was hesitant about this product. One of the lush saleswomen sold me on it though. I'm the kind of person who always wears lotion once you get out of the shower. This product gives you great moisture and it is a gentle scrub. Smells amazing. Overall I loved it. I will say a tad bit pricey... Didn't last me more then a month of everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

For a LONG time I did not like LUSH products. About 9 months ago I decided to try them again but I steered clear from the hair products. They dried up my hair so bad it looked like hay. Sooooo, I went in and they did this whole hand treatment. I walked out with lemony flutter and Buffy. Although I have my HG exfoliator (Jo Malone) this stuff is great, especially for regular use (a couple times a week). I love using it on my feet, my elbows, and as part of my manicure routine. In all honesty it also does a great job on your butt! Do not leave it in the shower or it will just melt away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love exfoliating my entire body with Buffy. When a LUSH sales associate used this on my skin, I could not get over how smooth my arms were so I HAD to buy it! I use it once a week, have used it 4 times in the last 4 weeks already and there's hardly a dent.
Let me tell you how I store it. I keep it in a ziplock baggy in my medicine cabinet until I know I'm going to use it. I use it in my shower and quickly put it back in the ziplock bag on top of my shower door. I NEVER let it stay under the running water. Sure, the baggy can get pretty gross in that bag, but it's a tiny price to pay for having my bar around.
Helped me all winter long, there's no dry skin Buffy can't handle. Would buy so many more bars when I need them. Nothing works better on my finicky skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In all honesty, I would say buffy is one of my favourite scrubs. First of all, it come's as a solid bar meaning that it is easy to apply onto your wet skin during showering/bathing. I would say it is quite abrasive when applying but then just generally rubbing over with a hand soon afterwards it is not so bad. Also, it moisterises which makes the skin lovely and soft, specially when skin is rinsed. It is also useful if you are travelling a lot as it can just go in a small sandwich bag or other small container.

It doe's the job in exfoliating while leaving really smooth skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tracyrose21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought this time and I can already notice a difference. It is great when you don't have time to moisturize and exfoliate although it was a little more abrasive than I expected. Great for the winter months, will buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I'm quite happy with this. I love that it is in a solid form because I can take it with me if I go out of town. I also think that it makes it easier to use because I spot-treat with it where ever I want/need. The sand is very exfoliating, but I wouldn't say abrasive-feels great! Such a good compliment to the smooth cocoa/shea butter base which is very moisturizing and lasts for a few days. I bought the smaller bar for about $11, and have used it about a dozen times. Not very economical, but I do like not having lizard legs in the winter so I'd buy it again.