October 20, 2014 | 1889 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ginadestra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great LUSH product that I'm now on my soap box preaching about! I have keratosis pilaris (a fancy term for what I call "chicken skin") on the back of my thighs, my booty and back of arms This product exfoliates those areas, (along with the rest of my skin if need be) and conditions them as well with its built in moisture. You cannot get a better soap. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE LOTION AFTER SHOWERING! Your skin is fully moisturized and smelling fantastic, if used on your entire body. Such a kick ass product :-)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only tried this once, but I am already sold on it. I have had those annoying tiny bumps on the back of my arms ever since I was a young child. My mother and my older brother both have them, so I always thought they were genetic and that I would have to just deal with it. I have tried other exfoliants in the past, but nothing has been able to remove them. Well, I tried Buffy for the FIRST time last night and nearly 90% of the bumps on the back of my arms are GONE. Oh my gosh! I keep feeling the back of my arms because I can't believe something I have hated and have had for nearly my entire life was removed so quickly (under 2 minutes) by a product I purchased on a whim. It also made the rest of my body feel super soft, too.

I am, however, removing one star because I do not think my skin is dry enough for the body butter contained in Buffy. It left my skin feeling fairly oily and heavy, but it wasn't too bad that I felt dirty. Just very, very moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by hanako283

Where has this been all my life? I first found out about Buffy from a blog article about prepping your legs for summer... It's just what I needed! After covering my legs with denim all winter long, they were looking pretty drab and there was a lot of dead skin since I don't have the habit of properly exfoliating OR moisturizing. I'm terrible, really. I heard this would exfoliate AND moisturize so I ran to Lush and bought this along with the tin container. WOW. It did a really good job at smoothing out my legs, but what amazed me the most is how soft my butt is now... Love it! At first I was a little put off my the buttery feeling it left on the skin, but I let it slide since I figured it was the extra hydration my body needed. Also, the smell is only so-so, but I'm also ready to disregard that since my skin looks GOOD. I use it every few days and it's not irritating at all. It's a little expensive but totally worth it...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by saujun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

will not repurchase again ever! it felt like i was rubbing butter on my skin. left my skin feeling greasy and sealing my dead skin cells than scrubbing them off. and it absolutely reeked-to gag. i'm not sure if i got one from a bad batch maybe, but it was not a good experience.
sorry lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by MissPeony

The Lush body butters are pretty innovative products in general but I especially love Buffy for it's exfoliating and moisturizing properties. I keep mine in a tin to prevent it from melting. I use this in the shower as my last step every other day and it keeps my skin soft and moisturized. This product doesn't last very long and I've purchased a backup in the larger size (I hardly purchase backup products). As long as Lush keeps making this, I will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

I was very reluctant to purchase this because the price is pretty steep. I can't say that I regret the purchase because I do like to try products for myself and this does what it claims to do. My problem is, it doesn't work well enough for me and the needs of my skin. I have moderate keratosis pilaris on my arms and the only thing that has kept it in check is deep exfoliation and moisturization on a regular basis. One of the few complaints that I have heard directed at this product is how abrasive it is. Well, I suppose if your skin is normal that might be an issue for you, but I NEED and enjoy the abrasion, and actually find the exfoliation too mild for me. And while it does moisturize your skin slightly, I still have to apply a body lotion or oil afterward. Of lesser importance is the smell. I'd be a bit more enthused about this product if it smelled really good, but it just has a more subtle, more tolerable Therapy massage bar fragrance (which I HATE). Overall, I can't echo the hype on this product. I could achieve much better results for a lot less money by making my own scrub by mixing essential oils, a carrier oil, and sea salt, which is exactly what I'm going to do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As I stated in another review of a LUSH product, I'm fairly new to the brand and still attempting to figure out what works for me and what is simply hype. Buffy is definitely a LUSH product that is worth the hype. I LOVE this!

I have super dry skin that has only gotten increasingly drier as I have aged. As a result, I need a good exfoliater that can also moisturize. Buffy does just that and in spades! While I'm not gaga over the smell, I am gaga over the results. This leaves my skin super smooth and moisturized. Since I'm super lazy, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to slather on lotion after using Buffy.

The only downside to this product is the price. Despite this, I have already ordered another big bar because it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the Buffy bar for a year and a half. I use it 1-3x a week and I have had excellent results. This bar is pretty abrasive but, it does an amazing job exfoliating and moisturizing. I buy a big bar and store it in a silver tin that Lush also sells for about $3, at first it will not fit all the way in the tin but once you have used it for awhile it will fit right in. I have found that the best time to use it is at the end of your shower, turn the water temp up and get your body good and hot. The bar seems to work better when applied to hot skin. Rinse the leftovers off and towel dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by dmastra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I orginally was hesitant about this product. One of the lush saleswomen sold me on it though. I'm the kind of person who always wears lotion once you get out of the shower. This product gives you great moisture and it is a gentle scrub. Smells amazing. Overall I loved it. I will say a tad bit pricey... Didn't last me more then a month of everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

For a LONG time I did not like LUSH products. About 9 months ago I decided to try them again but I steered clear from the hair products. They dried up my hair so bad it looked like hay. Sooooo, I went in and they did this whole hand treatment. I walked out with lemony flutter and Buffy. Although I have my HG exfoliator (Jo Malone) this stuff is great, especially for regular use (a couple times a week). I love using it on my feet, my elbows, and as part of my manicure routine. In all honesty it also does a great job on your butt! Do not leave it in the shower or it will just melt away.