Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

4.7

Castor Seed Oil, Octydodecanol, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate -2, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Candelilla Wax, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Polyethylene, Alumina, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Trihydroxystearin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Barium Sulfate, Fragrance, BHT, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6, Red 30 Lake, Manganese Violet, Red 22 Lake, Carmine, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Yellow 6 Lake.

on 8/31/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I LOVE this blush! it is very natural on my skin (asian, light/medium, golden undertones) and stays put almost the whole day. I use my MAC 187 to put this on, though the pot is now littered with small black hairs from the brush (though that is a testament to the brush rather than the blush). when applied with a stippling brush it blends very easily and looks very natural. I tried using my fingers, but it was really hard to blend it to look natural so i just use the 187. the color just seems to melt into your skin and give a nice flush that is difficult to achieve with a powder or cheek stain. i always put a little of this on in the morning before class (with a little bit of mascara) to make me look fresh and wide awake, even after pulling an all-nighter :)
EDIT:
I've had this for almost a year and I've barely used half of it (and i use it practically everyday). I am thinking of trying Becca's creme blush brush with this instead of the 187 since it does have a more solid texture (as opposed to the NYX creme blushes which have a mousse-like texture)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The MA at Nordstroms was trying out these bronzers and sparkly blushes on me and I finally told her I wanted something that looked soft and natural, like a natural flush; nothing shimmery, etc. She immediately recommended this blush. The color looked a bit dark to me in the pan, but it looks very natural and subtle on my fair skin. It's pretty much what I was looking for: it seems to sink in and impart a very soft, natural looking rosy glow. The color has lasted the entire day as well. As far as performance, this is an excellent product. I only wish they had a color similiar to the other blush I use, a lancome powder in Cedar Rose, which is a lighter brownish pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This blush deserves its rave reviews. The formula gives a beautifully natural, even finish which can easily be built up, although a little goes quite a long way. The colour is extremely flattering on my very pale skin, never looks garish, lasts all day, and does not irritate or break out my sensitive skin. A huge thumbs up for this one.

Thanks to the MUA recommendations, I decided to buy my very first cream blush... and how I love it! This imparts a natural and healthy flush to my cheeks and fades only slightly over very long workdays.

I too recommend applying this blush with the Mac 187 brush. The fingertip application is somewhat uneven and then, there's the unhygenic factor of sticking your finger/nails in the pot.

Lovely blush!!

on 2/22/2009 12:11:00 AM

I am not really a fan of Bobbi Brown products, but I wanted to try a cream blush so I picked this up at my local CCO. This is one of those products that really make you go "wow!" I apply this with a skunk brush and it gives me that soft and glowy look from within. I have oily skin and although they tend to fade by the end of the day I can easily apply another layer without any caking.

I think these pot rouges may give my beloved NARS blushes a run for their money..

Love this product. It suits my skin tone and gives that natural flush I badly need in the morning when i feel i look like the walking dead. Since it's consistency is quite thick you HAVE to apply it with a brush, try BB's foundation brush or TBS brush is not bad with it either. Great product, love the packaging and will last you a long long time.

on 1/13/2009 3:43:00 PM

This is the other staple in my blush collection. I have to apply with a brush - it's quite sticky so I find apply with fingers gives an uneven effect. My other staple is Paula Dorf in Cha Cha which is a much pinker, fresher colour. I would describe this as more subtle and 'pretty'. I also find it good pressed into my lips as a stain (after using a lip liner) - for that just-been-kissed look (yes I have to fake it!!). I would buy again if I thought I would ever run out - but I suspect this will be a long way off as you don't have to use hardly any. A must buy for anyone with a yellow based complexion.

on 11/18/2008 9:26:00 PM

I just had to purchase this after reading all the great reviews! It's such a nice color, perfect for me! But I use this for my cheeks only, not for my lips. You can make it as dark or as sheer as you want and it lasts all day. I would repurchase this again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have to say that I am not a huge fan of creme blushes but I love BB products, so I wanted to give this a try. And well I did.
I apply this with a (foundation) brush), just over my foundation and BEFORE putting the setting powder.
It is just wonderful. it blends perfectly very sheerly, it does not stain at all, it makes it like a natural blushed veil on your cheeks.
I set with the powder & you really cannot tell there is blush on your cheeks, just a natural, healthy colour.
So lovely, so natural.
When I want an extra glow I apply on top a sheer, shimmery pink power blush...it will show up more havin the Pot Rouge as a base.
A must have.

on 10/1/2008 5:27:00 PM

This is the HG of my blush collection which is vast at this point. I used to go for gel blushes but find them giving too much of a sunburned look. As I resemble Garth in Wayne's World in the a.m., this product totally makes me over into the healthy nordic complexion I should have been born with. After reading the reviews here (thank you MUAs!) I caved and once again, hit the road in search of a blush that is totally natural looking. There are so many out there but have that "sheen" or glittery touch that just doesn't work if one is going for an all-natural touch. This one is it! Buy it ladies! You'll be glad you did. I'm going to add a few more of these to my collection eventually.

Popular Blush Products