Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

4.7

Castor Seed Oil, Octydodecanol, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate -2, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Candelilla Wax, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Polyethylene, Alumina, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Trihydroxystearin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Barium Sulfate, Fragrance, BHT, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6, Red 30 Lake, Manganese Violet, Red 22 Lake, Carmine, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Yellow 6 Lake.

HG blush! I've never been a blush girl and often have trouble applying just the right amount with powder blushes. But with this pot rouge, my troubles are over! I apply it with a brush, stippling a light amount over the apples of my cheeks.
Don't be scared off by the rather muddy look of the blush! Like many reviewers have said, the colour will turn into a healthy rosy flush on the cheeks. It looks really natural on my yellow-undertoned Asian skin.
Now I'm looking to purchase a more pink-toned pot rouge for the days when I want a little more drama. ^^

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This blush is absolutely wonderful! Its a beautiful brown pink. If I blushed, I think my skin would flush this color. It looks completely natural on me, like the color is coming from underneath my skin. Its not too brown and not too pink, and the color blends perfectly with my dark skin. It makes me look naturally pretty, and whenever I wear it, people always complement me on how pretty and fresh I look.

I have always been a powder rouge girl, but I am getting older and I need a pop of color to last all day on my cheeks. My past experiences with creme rouges were dismal --break outs were inevitable. My skin is also sensitive to Nars powder blushes. However, Bobbi Brown's pot rouges do NOT cause me to break out and they do help me maintain color in my cheeks all day. The first day I wore it I was complimented three times. This is how it works best for me. I apply it to my apples after I apply foundation. Then, I set my makeup with La Mer Translucent Face Powder. Next, I add my powder rouge to my cheeks. My favorite powders for layering are Chantecaille's Thrill blusher or MAC's Pink Swoon blusher. I add a highlight to the top of the cheek bone with Meteorites Rose Frais 02 Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder by Guerlain. My skin tone is NC 25-30 with faded freckles.
This regime is very flattering and minimizes the appearance of pitted scars on my cheekbones. Quite a few blushes I have tried are reflective nightmares in these scars.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I also have this in Pink Truffle. I like this lighter shade better because I can also wear it on my lips. When applied as a blush it looks natural and fresh, although I wouldn't dream of wearing this during the summer when my skin is oilier. I don't wear it on my lips often because I have to use a brush (finger dipping is icky) and I'd rather carry a lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have four other shades (Calypso Coral, Pale Pink, Summer Pink and Powder Pink), but Blushed Rose is my HG Pot Rouge. It's just the perfect natural flush, slightly warm, no-brainer neutral rose shade. It looks deep in the pan but all you have to do is get a dot on your fingertip and blend into cheek. If Bobbi every decides to DC this or her pot rouges in general (my fave BB product), I'll freak out. NC35-37/MMM/Oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I LOVE this blush! it is very natural on my skin (asian, light/medium, golden undertones) and stays put almost the whole day. I use my MAC 187 to put this on, though the pot is now littered with small black hairs from the brush (though that is a testament to the brush rather than the blush). when applied with a stippling brush it blends very easily and looks very natural. I tried using my fingers, but it was really hard to blend it to look natural so i just use the 187. the color just seems to melt into your skin and give a nice flush that is difficult to achieve with a powder or cheek stain. i always put a little of this on in the morning before class (with a little bit of mascara) to make me look fresh and wide awake, even after pulling an all-nighter :)
EDIT:
I've had this for almost a year and I've barely used half of it (and i use it practically everyday). I am thinking of trying Becca's creme blush brush with this instead of the 187 since it does have a more solid texture (as opposed to the NYX creme blushes which have a mousse-like texture)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The MA at Nordstroms was trying out these bronzers and sparkly blushes on me and I finally told her I wanted something that looked soft and natural, like a natural flush; nothing shimmery, etc. She immediately recommended this blush. The color looked a bit dark to me in the pan, but it looks very natural and subtle on my fair skin. It's pretty much what I was looking for: it seems to sink in and impart a very soft, natural looking rosy glow. The color has lasted the entire day as well. As far as performance, this is an excellent product. I only wish they had a color similiar to the other blush I use, a lancome powder in Cedar Rose, which is a lighter brownish pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This blush deserves its rave reviews. The formula gives a beautifully natural, even finish which can easily be built up, although a little goes quite a long way. The colour is extremely flattering on my very pale skin, never looks garish, lasts all day, and does not irritate or break out my sensitive skin. A huge thumbs up for this one.

Thanks to the MUA recommendations, I decided to buy my very first cream blush... and how I love it! This imparts a natural and healthy flush to my cheeks and fades only slightly over very long workdays.

I too recommend applying this blush with the Mac 187 brush. The fingertip application is somewhat uneven and then, there's the unhygenic factor of sticking your finger/nails in the pot.

Lovely blush!!

I am not really a fan of Bobbi Brown products, but I wanted to try a cream blush so I picked this up at my local CCO. This is one of those products that really make you go "wow!" I apply this with a skunk brush and it gives me that soft and glowy look from within. I have oily skin and although they tend to fade by the end of the day I can easily apply another layer without any caking.

I think these pot rouges may give my beloved NARS blushes a run for their money..