April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Un Jardin sur le Nil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kensington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

lovely classy fragrance ...... individual unforgettable and clean. a true delight
love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by jennifermbrown

I am very picky when it comes to perfume, so when I found this scent I was amazed at how much I like it. I have a sensitive nose, and many perfumes cause me to become nauseated, but not this one. I also haven't gotten sick of it yet (two years)....that's also pretty amazing for me. I tend to grow tired of perfumes that I like after only a year or two, and then end up giving the rest away to friends or relatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

Love it! My HG scent! This scent reminds me of fresh cut grass and citrus on a breezy summer day. It's crisp, refreshing, and clean. Makes me feel happy and refreshed when I wear it. It only lasts a few hours, but the scent is so amazing that it's worth every penny to me! It comes in a beautiful clear light green crystal glass. Worth all $120 for 3.4oz. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Hermes Jardin du Nil opens with a very clean green burst - gorgeous!
Then the mango comes up, but the clean remains as well.
Reminds me of AG Folavril with the mango note. Fresh, clean, and
sweet. I like the first half hour the best, but Nil is rather a shapeshifter
on me and develops to an unpleasant chemical scent, so alas is not
full bottle worthy for me. I wish it would stay true to the opening.
Magnificent bottle in the same classic Hermes tradition as Caleche
and Hiris.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by adeline_chan_sy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A calming blend of lotus, citrus and mangoes. I'd say it's a crispand dry fruity green, not lush. Probably due to the light incense base that quietly lingers. I layer it with Stila's Jade Blossom solid perfume - it makes the mango note more pronounced IMO. Am going to try layering it with Pacifica's Brazilian Mango solid perfume (think it's called that) next. Will update.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ScrimHazard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me preface this review by saying that I love Hermes fragrances…the idea behind them, the blends, but they don't all work on me unfortunately. With this Jardin fragrance, the first spray was pure lime on me. Very bright and crisp and green; not what I was expecting. Wet, on my wrist it smelled feminine and beachy, but with no sweetness to it whatsoever. After one hour it turned soapy on my skin. It isn't a cheap, generic soapy smell, but instead smells of an expensive men's soap. Sort of like L'Occitane's men's oval sandalwood bars but better. It's a complex mingling of notes that my untrained nose can't recognize, but they blend gorgeously…though not for me. I may actually buy this for my man as it is utterly sexy and earthy and I would love to sniff him wearing it. I can see how this would work for some women, but I'm too much of a gamine to pull it off.
FYI: I live on Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte & Kelly Caleche. 24 Faubourg for special occasions and late nights.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by wildwolfha

I love everything about this perfume! The smell is unique, fresh, clean, luxurious and elegant, all in one product. You can wear it everyday, it's long lasting but not too overwhelming. When my sister use this, I'm really impressed with the smell. I bet there's no similar perfume in other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of those scents that gets me a 'what are you wearing?"

It's fresh and clean yet it has a twist to it that makes it unique. It has great lasting power. People are giving enough compliments that it must be a good one.

This is a close second to my new other fav Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri. Both are super clean and fresh - great for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Hermes fragrance is perfect for everyday use.

Un Jardin sur le Nil is a light and clean fragrance with good staying power. A definite repurchase.

The shower gel and lotion are also great products. If you want a little luxury try something from the Hermes line, you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

peppery, citrusy, green, and strange. there's something bizarre and vegetal there as well. the peppery part is what i really enjoy about it though. and i agree with some of the reviews below that it's got a slight incensey tone. i find it lovely, and very evocative.. when you think of the nile, you think of this scent. can't explain it any better than that.