Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil

4.1

on 3/5/2009 1:31:00 PM

I really like this perfume! i'm reeeally picky about fragrences, and i got this from my Dad for Christmas - my first reaction was 'ooo Hermes' and 'oh dear, what has he bought me now' (he bought me a truely disgusting gucci perfume before) but i was suprised by how much I liked it! I wasn't sure the first time I spritzed it into the air, but on my skin it was delightful and I've had many compliments about it. Love it!!!!

on 3/1/2009 4:48:00 PM

In my humble opinion, this perfume is a true work of art. Jean Claude Ellena (as chronicled in Burr's 'The Perfect Scent') captured the essence of green mangoes picked ripe from an African vine. The effort that was put into creating this fragrance is purely reflected in the way it imparts a certain mouth-watering freshness to one's skin. The fact that this fragrance remains purely indistiguishable spritzed out of the bottle, to 12 hours later is a selling point for me. Ellena somehow managed to create an enchanting fruity blend that doesn't smack of teenagehood. I hope to always have this wonderful scent as a part of my collection.

on 2/20/2009 5:28:00 PM

I love this fragrance! It's crisp, fresh, and uplifting. The most amazing thing about this perfume is that it has amazing staying power without being overpowering or giving me a headache (I sneezed the first few times I wore it, but hey, what fragrance doesnt take some getting used to?). For some reason, not that many people have heard of this fragrance, but I love knowing that my perfume is fairly unique (in a good way) and that no one else in the room has the same perfume as me!

on 2/4/2009 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

lovely classy fragrance ...... individual unforgettable and clean. a true delight
love it

I am very picky when it comes to perfume, so when I found this scent I was amazed at how much I like it. I have a sensitive nose, and many perfumes cause me to become nauseated, but not this one. I also haven't gotten sick of it yet (two years)....that's also pretty amazing for me. I tend to grow tired of perfumes that I like after only a year or two, and then end up giving the rest away to friends or relatives.

on 1/5/2009 10:06:00 PM

Love it! My HG scent! This scent reminds me of fresh cut grass and citrus on a breezy summer day. It's crisp, refreshing, and clean. Makes me feel happy and refreshed when I wear it. It only lasts a few hours, but the scent is so amazing that it's worth every penny to me! It comes in a beautiful clear light green crystal glass. Worth all $120 for 3.4oz. :)

on 12/23/2008 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Hermes Jardin du Nil opens with a very clean green burst - gorgeous!
Then the mango comes up, but the clean remains as well.
Reminds me of AG Folavril with the mango note. Fresh, clean, and
sweet. I like the first half hour the best, but Nil is rather a shapeshifter
on me and develops to an unpleasant chemical scent, so alas is not
full bottle worthy for me. I wish it would stay true to the opening.
Magnificent bottle in the same classic Hermes tradition as Caleche
and Hiris.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A calming blend of lotus, citrus and mangoes. I'd say it's a crispand dry fruity green, not lush. Probably due to the light incense base that quietly lingers. I layer it with Stila's Jade Blossom solid perfume - it makes the mango note more pronounced IMO. Am going to try layering it with Pacifica's Brazilian Mango solid perfume (think it's called that) next. Will update.

on 12/3/2008 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Let me preface this review by saying that I love Hermes fragrances…the idea behind them, the blends, but they don't all work on me unfortunately. With this Jardin fragrance, the first spray was pure lime on me. Very bright and crisp and green; not what I was expecting. Wet, on my wrist it smelled feminine and beachy, but with no sweetness to it whatsoever. After one hour it turned soapy on my skin. It isn't a cheap, generic soapy smell, but instead smells of an expensive men's soap. Sort of like L'Occitane's men's oval sandalwood bars but better. It's a complex mingling of notes that my untrained nose can't recognize, but they blend gorgeously…though not for me. I may actually buy this for my man as it is utterly sexy and earthy and I would love to sniff him wearing it. I can see how this would work for some women, but I'm too much of a gamine to pull it off.
FYI: I live on Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte & Kelly Caleche. 24 Faubourg for special occasions and late nights.

on 10/15/2008 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love everything about this perfume! The smell is unique, fresh, clean, luxurious and elegant, all in one product. You can wear it everyday, it's long lasting but not too overwhelming. When my sister use this, I'm really impressed with the smell. I bet there's no similar perfume in other brands.

Popular Fragrances