December 20, 2014 | 1700 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Hollipop19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just finished using up my first compact of this powder and I definitely plan on re-purchasing! This powder in translucent is perfect for my very pale skin. The powder is light-feeling, but offers additional coverage to your foundation. It can even be worn alone if you're in a hurry and you want a little bit of coverage! The powder also has outstanding staying power, and lasts throughout the day while controlling my shine. (I have a very oily T-zone, so that's saying a lot!) I find that the best way to apply it is with my Elf powder brush- pressing it into my skin for a flawless finish! Most importantly, this powder has not irritated my sensitive skin, nor caused any breakouts to my acne-prone skin! The only complaint I have is the price...I believe I paid $14 for the powder, which feel is a little pricey for a drugstore powder, but I will continue to buy it regardless!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by vintagy

I really love this product! I wanted to switch from liquid to powder foundation most days because I have oily skin and powder foundation is just easier and quicker to apply, and this was my first powder foundation ever. It has good coverage for a powder, applies easily, melts into my skin nicely, keeps my skin matte (except for my nose, but that happens no matter what I do), and doesn't break me out.

HOWEVER, the packaging really sucks. It's bulky and the actual powder part is tiny. I've already hit pan and I only bought the product in mid-May. It only took me a month and a half to hit pan, which is kind of ridiculous. It comes with a crappy little brush which I think is useless. They should get rid of it and add more product to the pan. Also, it's $20 in Canada, which is really expensive for a drugstore product that I go through so quickly. I would repurchase this though because the product itself is really great. I've been using it almost every day since I bought it.

In terms of staying power, I can last a 9-5 workday without reapplication, but if I were to go out after work or something, I'd need to touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Robynnna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a good option especially if you want to reapply a powder sunscreen on your face through out the day. It's fragrance free and a good drugstore mineral powder. I use this in translucent light and it works well if you use a light hand when applying. I wish the color was even lighter but the all physical sunscreen ingredients and the price are the main reasons I continue to buy this again. The packaging is a little bulky but I guess I'm just used to it. It has not caused irritation or break outs on my fair mild rosacea skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't the best powder out there but if you're looking for a budet(y) powder for every day use I would recommend this!

I purchased this in translucent light and it fits my fair skin colour well. Do not press too hard on this powder as it is very soft and flakes off easily.

The packaging is bulky, there is no mirror and the bottom compartment has a brush that will cut your face (lol). I like this product as it is good for every day use if you don't want to use your more expensive powders.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This looks chalky and powdery and feels dry on my skin. I do not like it and stopped using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've liked other Physician's Formula powders in the past and gave this a shot in Translucent Light. My biggest complaint is that it is very loose for a pressed powder. I used my own powder brush, either standard style or kabuki, depending on what I felt like that day, and inevitably powder ended up on my hand, chest, shirt, etc. So, in short, kind of a messy product. I might rather just have a straight-up loose powder.

Also, not a fan of the packaging -- bulky and I don't use their brush or the mirror, so a bit of overkill for me. The Translucent Light color does have enough pigment that I could use it almost as a powder foundation. It's somewhat buildable to hide imperfections. Sometimes I'd just use it over a tinted moisturiser and be done with any foundation or concealer for that day. In that respect, it's almost like Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup or The Body Shop's Face Base. The powder didn't gather in my lines too badly (I only use it from my cheeks down most of the time.)

I said I'd repurchase, but only if I couldn't find anything better. It's not bad, just not that great. And it's about 15 USD, so not terribly cheap either.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkandblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Three words: chalky, chalky, and chalky. The translucent adds a sickly whitish cast to pale skin, the creamy natural is too dark for pale skin. As for oil control: gone in less than an hour if you have very oily skin.

I can't think of a single reason to recommend this god-awful stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It is my daily finishing powder and my HG for sure. I've tried tons and this just takes the cake. It does everything I want- mattes my face, evens my color, gives me a natural look and makes my skin look nearly flawless. It is pricier for me but we'll worth it but I do not like the packaging quality at all. It is thick but the majority of the pan is empty with a bad brush in it. Pfft. It needs more product. Anyways LOVE the product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Rmcourteau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is really amazing. I have used many different mineral powders and they always look pretty good initially, but with my oily skin by midday it looks oily and/ or cakey. Not with this one. I wear it on its own with MUFE full coverage concealer, and it's something magical. No cakiness, and the powder somehow melts into your face and blends in with your natural oils but still keeps good coverage. I wear translucent because I have light skin with neutral/ yellow undertones, and that one was the closest color for me. An amazing product. Not sure how it functions over foundation, but if you have sensitive acne prone skin, I highly recommend this with just a good concealer to let your skin breathe. Will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

I love this., I use this everyday and its awesome