October 23, 2014 | 1952 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

I had been wanting this for a while. So I finally bought it. And I tried it on a few times and I was disappointed. It's a beautiful violet color in the pot, but when applied, it's a bit climpy and dry and the color is not the same, so I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first fluidline and i am really impressed. I have several gel liners and this one feel so different to the others. It is so soft and glides on like a dream. I dont think anyone will struggle applying this!
The colour is lovely but you do need to apply 2 coats to get the purple to really show. Staying power is excellent as it doesnt move intil i remove it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by toemaytow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall it's great. The color on the pot is a nice purple with reddish undertones. But when I apply it, you can barely distinguish the purple. Mostly it looks black unless you're under a bright light. No repurchase because I'd rather use blacktrack and this macroviolet will last me a decade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I normally like the fluidline colors, but this one isn't for me. I found that when I apply it, it goes on clumpy, cakes and cracks very easily, which is a big disappointmet. The color is very dark and you can only tell that it is a violet in very bright light. Not at all what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by LilSphinx

This is a very lovely dark, reddish purple with pearl shimmer to it. The consistency is great, very smooth and soft -incredibly easy to use. It stays on all day long and isn't a pain to remove.
-I apply it using the bent Sonia Kashuk e/l brush and remove it with Neutrogena's Makeup-Remover wipes.
Macroviolet actually reminds me very much of HIP's "Eggplant" cream liner. There is a little bit of difference in the shade and the shimmer, but I doubt it would be all that noticeable once on your lid. It also looks very similar to various liquid liners such as Almay's "Amethyst", Palladio's "Lavender", and Prestige's dark purple liner -which appears to have no name.

I wouldn't say I'd 'never' buy this product again, but since there are so many other drug store dupes, I don't see the point in having an extra or spending the outrageous amount of money for it.

But still, a very lovely product and definitely worth trying if you like this particular shade.

Update:
I recently discovered that this shade looks exactly like Bobbi Brown's "Violet Ink" Long-Wear Gel Liner.
Here's a pic. I took of the two side-by-side:

And swatches:
-the top purple is the BB Long-Wear gel liner, the bottom is MAC's "Macroviolet" Fluidline.

continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

This is a lovely plummy violet color with a tiny bit of sheen. Not only is it a gorgeous color, it's fabulous quality. I LOVE this product. Great pigmentation, great staying power, decent price, applies easily... I can't really think of any negatives to this product. I use my ecotools angled e/l brush and it works great.

Heck, I even want to buy it in every color! HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

This color is VERY nice! I barely use purple eyeshadow but I love the little pink shimmer in the gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahvma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very nice, subtle color to do some winged eyeliner or just define your eye shape in general. Works very well with green eyes. I find that the gel -- in application -- can be messy before it dries, so you have to have a very exact hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by IrkaY

I really like this gel eyeliner. I am very pale ( CN 15) and on me it looks just like in the pot so I think it depend's on your skin color. I use 210 brush but I might also buy 266 brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviews, this product on your lids isn't true to the colour in the pot BUT that's only when it's in regular light. I find if I'm in sunlight or a bright light, the purple really shines through! I wear this liner everyday because it's softer than black and has a purple tint to it so when my eyes catch the light, you can see the purple! I love it because people go "WHOA! You're wearing purple?!" It's great, I love it and would DEF repurchase :)