Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

3.4

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 4/14/2007 6:11:00 PM

I didn't think these pads were doing much for my skin until I used them on my hands. What a difference I saw there. I wish that they came in smaller containers as I have had them dry out even though I use almost every night. I will purchase these again. I think that they add moisture to my skin.

on 3/30/2007 1:54:00 PM

I have used these for about six months, and I have not noticed any real benefit. They leave a sticky feeling on my skin and do not do much to exfoliate my skin (clinique total turnaround concentrate works much better). These also did not help clear out my clogged pores and seemed to make my blemishes worse. They do smell good, and I didn't experience any irritation, just a little tingle. But I did not get any of the anti-inflammatory benefits they claim to have and they definitely didn't "prep my skin" for other prodcuts like it claims to. They did leave my skin with a little more moisture, but it just wasn't worth the stickiness. I don't think I will be repurchasing these.

on 3/23/2007 8:00:00 PM

my skin is good to start with but i have really noticed a differencewith these pads- non irritating or stinging as well- i use them 3 times a week and my skin looks clearer and brighter

on 3/8/2007 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a big fan of the Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel set so I bought the pads. They are thin and occasionally difficult to separate. They did not irritate my skin, however, I have seen or felt real results with these so I will not repurchase.

on 2/23/2007 10:45:00 PM

The Scrub itself is so good and does wonders for my skin and stays perfect between that these pads are pointless. Totally pointless.

on 2/11/2007 9:43:00 PM

These pads are ok. I used them for about a year, but they don't have enough acid to make any real difference. The ones by Peter Thomas Roth are much better.

on 2/10/2007 11:21:00 PM

These did absolutely nothing for my skin. I mean nothing. They are super thin too. I am a faithful user of DDF's Glycolic Toner 10% so maybe that is why I didn't get any bang for my buck from these, because my skin was used to something stronger. I don't know, but these were a complete waste of money for me. I have normal skin but get hormonal breakouts each month. My skin is fairly smooth and soft but I'm always looking for something that will make it softer and more glowy I will continue using my DDF to keep my skin even and will keep searching for that product that will make it glow!

on 12/15/2006 7:26:00 PM

The Microdelivery peel pads use lactic acid instead of glycolic acid to exfoliate. I am used to using 10% glycolic acid products so did not have any problems with irritation from these pads. The pads are very thin and flimsy. The lactic acid is in an oil base (castor oil) which is why I used this as a rinse off treatment and rewashed my face rather than leaving it on my skin. If you are prone to acne, swipe this on and leave on for 5-15 minutes depending on your skin's tolerance and wash off. Using the pads in this manner eliminates any breakouts from this product. Another potential irritant in the pads are citrus essential oils and extracts. Overall, the pads do exfoliate but nothing spectacular. The castor oil and citrus extracts knocked off a lippie. And I don't like using a product where the manufacturer does not list the percent of AHA in the product or the pH range.

on 12/14/2006 12:16:00 PM

I'm sorry if I'm writing this review prematurely. I've used these pads 3 nights in a row. Did not use them the 4th night. Today, the 5th day, I have 2 new pimples. I do love the pad for it's convenience and ease of use; however, I just don't see any results. I may finish the jar to see if over time I start to see the glow (and isolate the variable that may be causing the breakouts). Not impressed so far. I love philosophy and wanted to love these. :-(

on 12/10/2006 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At $35.00 for the 60 count jar, the cost for these Microdelivery Peel Pads is not exorbitant and you can get them cheaper on ebay. I liked the idea of these peel pads as you can use them on your neck whereas the ones from Dr. Denese say specifically that they are not for use in that area. Unfortunately, even though I do not consider my skin sensitive, I noticed that they did "burn" my face and neck. While that goes away relatively soon, after using a whole jar of 60 count pads, I did not notice any difference in my skin. I agree with previous reviewers that the pads are flimsy and somewhat difficult to get out of the jar one at a time. I was also aware of the "sticky film" which is why I only used them at night knowing that I would get up the next morning and wash my face. Obviously, that is not what I am looking for in a pad peel system. I will not be repurchasing. I guess that I am just not a Philiosphy girl as I do not really like any of their products.

Popular Treatments (Face)