September 18, 2014 | 1916 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm astounded at the positive reviews that this has got - a barely mitigated disaster for me. This a wet formula, and to be honest, it reminds memost of Maybelline's most-hated Great Lash.

The mitigation for me is the blackness of Black Onyx, no greying at all. Otherwise, the bush comes out with way too much product and by the time I've wipd off the excess I feel like I've wasted a lot. The main downfall is its lack of buildability. One coat of this stuff is just not enough if but if I try to apply a second coat before it's dried it clumps and I end up with half a dozen spiked lash clumps. So, if I wait until it's dried to apply a second coat then it is flakeorama. I've never, ever had flaking like this before from a mascara.

I do kinda like to shape of the brush, and as it doesn't seem to run then I may reserve it for the very, very rare times I apply mascara to bottom lashes.

Absolutely would not buy again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by midnightrose21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for sensitive eyes as it does not irritate or smudge. Unfortunately, it also does not do much more. It barely made my eyes lashes darker and did not make them look longer. To make them look just a little darker, I had to apply three coats. I returned it for Clinique Lash Power as I did not want to pay for a mascara that required 1/8 the tube with every use as it would last only 2-3 weeks. They need a richer or thicker formula. For those ladies who want to look as if they are not wearing mascara, this is a good one, though. I would not buy again as the price is too much for such a basic mascara. You are better off with Maybelline Great Lash for half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by nettaOY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best mascara that I've tried. And what I mean by that is, that the Lash Power mascara does not smudge! I've tried plenty of other mascaras that smudge after a few hours. EVEN WATERPROOF ONES!
So, this is the only one (also Sensai 38 ℃ does the same, but I quit buying it when I heard that they test on animals)
This does not do anything super amazing on my lashes though. It's not super volumizing or anything... And it's quite pricey (27 here in Finland) but it's worth it.

So, I definitely recommend this mascara to people who find other, even waterproof mascaras smudging on them. This stays on until I take it off at the end of the day.

Will repurchase over and over again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

I like mascara that can wash off well with warm water as it is sooo much more convenient as opposed to using the eye make up remover which i find too oily! So it was a big plus for me when i discovered this mascara - which is really the first "tubing" mascara i discovered.

the cons are: 1) it does not do wonders for my eyelash besides lengthening them slightly 2) it tends to flake after about 2 hours or so. I live in Singapore, a really hot and humid climate, so it could be because of the weather 3) it is slightly more expensive than other "tubing" mascara i recently discovered like Maybeline lashionista does a better job at a cheaper price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Terrible brush. My lashes always look clumpy and bad. Sparse, which is weird, because without mascara they are pretty thick anyway. Formula's okay, not thickening or anything special. Guess the main appeal is the tubing aspect. They could've worked on the rest, surely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on a third tube of this mascara (all in Black Onyx) - and it is absolutely excellent with one exception - it does not hold a curl (even when used with a lash curler) but I can forgive that because the staying power is wonderful.

At work I have to look presentable and racoon eyes is not a presentable look for a professional woman in her 30s.

Clinique saved me - I can be out in the rain, in the heat, I can rub my eyes accidentally, nothing budges, nothing leaves an unattractive dark shadow on my lower eyelid (I usually leave these makeup free - makeup on my lower eyelids seems to drag my face down?!).

It make my eyelashes look much more dense (its tiny wand allows to get right into the roots of my eyelashes), not too long but very well defined with rich black - I have not experienced any greyishness after it drying on my eyelashes.

Also the price of it is quite right - I am paying �16 for it in Boots, which I think is a fair price for this product.

I am removing it with a Garnier's oil based makeup remover and a bit of Bioderma micellar water mixed together on a cotton pad - it comes off equally good as with water + I am removing all my waterproof eye makeup at the same time. I hated removing it with some warm water as the tiny, black bits were then strewn all over my face and washbowl grrrr.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you want a mascara that will not budge in the highest possible humidity - this is the one. I work in extremely humid climates - think pacific islands - and this mascara is the only one of many I have tried that stays as you put it on until you take it off. It doesn't clump, smear or flake. I have recommended it to many women working in tropical climates and they have all loved it. Interestingly, its not as brilliant when I've worn it in temperate or "normal" climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by sl_yeap

This is my go-to mascara. I've gone through tubes and tubes of this.

Every single non-waterproof mascara out there smudges on me. No kidding. I've tried Cover Girl, Maybelline, Revlon, Dior, Lancome etc. None of them work, even if they claim to be "non-smudging". The Lash Power, my friend, works! I live in a place wear it's humid 365 days in a year. This mascara stays on until I remove it. And it's easy to remove, not like waterproof mascaras.

If you're looking for extreme volume, then look elsewhere. This mascara does not do that. What it does is give your lashes very good definition and a glossy coat of color. And it gives me good lengths too. My lashes are very short, by the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by sydney69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG! HG! HG! I must have tried at least a dozen mascaras over the past two years, looking for one that wouldn't make my eyes sore and bloodshot. I've tried Boots sensitive, Clinique naturally glossy, Almay one coat, various waterproof and organic/natural/paraben-free mascaras ordered at considerable expense online - you name it. Every single time, within hours (sometimes minutes) of applying, my eyes would start to feel raw, then sore, and finally I would look in the mirror to find yellow tired-looking eyes (at best) or a bloodshot watery mess (at worst). I'd got to a point where I would only wear waterproof mascara and only on special occasions, and put up with sore eyes for at least a day afterwards. So finally I've tried a tubing mascara. I had resisted the concept earlier because even though it made sense that the tubes would stay put on your lashes and therefore not get in your eyes, the thought of pulling tubes of mascara off my eyelashes was off-putting, and I didn't think I could do it without losing lashes each time. As it turns out, you can get the mascara off with a cotton pad and warm water (thanks, fellow reviewers!), and although it comes off in clumps, this is a good thing for me because in the past the dissolved mascara would find its way into my eyes when I removed it, setting me up for days of red eyes. I first tried Lash Power (black onyx) at the Clinique counter and wore it for the rest of the day, not expecting miracles. To my amazement, I forgot I had it on (!) until later that day when I noticed that my eyes looked better than usual. Sure enough, the mascara hadn't budged AT ALL - no smudges - but more importantly to me, my eyes were completely clear!! I ordered a tube of both the black and brown and have just worn the brown (dark chocolate is a good description of the colour - it's brown not brown-black) all day, even during several hours of computer work, and it has not affected my eyes one bit. I only applied it to one eye to make sure it wasn't my (wishful) imagination, but no, the mascara'd eye is no different to the other one. Hallelujah! It even lengthens a bit, but doesn't give much in the way of volume, but then I don't like volumising mascaras anyway - I like the long feathery look. It goes on smoothly too, and doesn't clump or leave gobs of mascara on the tips of your lashes (although with any mascara I always brush through with a dry spoolie after applying). I hope this review isn't premature, but I think Lash Power has found a fan for life. HIGHLY recommended for sensitive eyes!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This is the best mascara for sensitive eyes. It never smudges or clumps. It never runs and never leaves you looking like a raccoon. It is easy to remove too. If you use a lash primer like even the primer half of L'Oreal's Double Extend in waterproof, it will look a lot more dramatic and still be smudge-proof and last forever. It is a tubing mascara. Two things that would make me like it better: a plastic wand/bristles that grip lashes and a more voluminizing & lengthening formula. The size of the brush is small, which is excellent, but the bristles don't really deposit a lot of product to create a lot of drama. And the formula doesn't create seem to hold the lash curl very well. Very good at defining. I really liked how it could be on my lashes all night and it would never irritate my eyes or make them itch. Never flaked.