December 18, 2014 | 853 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My beloved Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells started smudging on me so I rummaged through my Clinique GWP samples and found High Impact Curling Mascara. Finally, no smudges! I tried it out for a couple of days to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Couldn't believe it!
I found it a little too high impact for my fairly long and thick lashes though, so after some research on here and the Clinique websites I decided to buy High Power.
I'm loving this! As other reviewers have said, it's not massively lengthening and volumising but I've found it's ample for me particularly after two coats. The formula is quite thin so it doesn't clump on application, and it's probably the only mascara I've ever used that I could wear without a comb through with a dry brush.
The colour (Black Onyx) is darker and has a slightly glossier finish than the High Impact Curling, and doesn't have that spidery look. The narrow brush makes the mascara easier to control and less likely to go onto your eyelids (another of my mascara problems). I love not having to worry about panda eyes by mid-morning and I now don't have to skimp on concealer and eye cream to stop my mascara smudging.
I have found it comes off very easily with water - nothing left behind, no pulling or dragging on the eyes - but you might need a minute or two to get it all off carefully and gently. I haven't lost any lashes yet with this mascara and I hope I don't...The removal technique for this type of mascara does take a bit of getting used to, but if mascara smudges are a problem then it's really worth it.
Also want to say a big thanks to all the reviewers here for this product. I came across a Clinique sales rep who had never heard the term "tubing mascara", had little idea about the properties of the brand's mascaras and asked me if I needed eye makeup remover to go with my purchase (the instruction leaflet inside the box tells you to use warm water). Just as well that I knew exactly what I wanted!
Update : removing this stuff is easier than I thought - I use Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser all over my face, including eyes, and the mascara comes off during the rinsing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

I was really happy with this mascara. It lasts all day and doesn't run at all. However, in exchange for being long lasting, it is really difficult to remove at the end of the day. I did take off 1 star because I found it difficult to put on more than 1 coat. I found that this mascara will clump if you try to add too many coats.

Overall: Good mascara. A particularly good choice for those who have had a hard time finding a mascara that doesn't run.
Value: OK-to-pretty-good. This mascara is on the cheaper side of non-drugstore brands, and I found performed pretty well. That being said, I think there are drugstore brands that perform well for less than half the price. If you have had a hard time with other waterproof mascaras running, I'd try this. If not, I'd skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by natalie143

Love/Hate Relationship
The formula is wet, however it produces a nice deep black onto my lashes and adds nice length and volume. When it comes time to remove this mascara, I have quite the hard time. I've used so many different removers, but nothing takes it off without have to scrub a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm astounded at the positive reviews that this has got - a barely mitigated disaster for me. This a wet formula, and to be honest, it reminds memost of Maybelline's most-hated Great Lash.

The mitigation for me is the blackness of Black Onyx, no greying at all. Otherwise, the bush comes out with way too much product and by the time I've wipd off the excess I feel like I've wasted a lot. The main downfall is its lack of buildability. One coat of this stuff is just not enough if but if I try to apply a second coat before it's dried it clumps and I end up with half a dozen spiked lash clumps. So, if I wait until it's dried to apply a second coat then it is flakeorama. I've never, ever had flaking like this before from a mascara.

I do kinda like to shape of the brush, and as it doesn't seem to run then I may reserve it for the very, very rare times I apply mascara to bottom lashes.

Absolutely would not buy again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by midnightrose21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for sensitive eyes as it does not irritate or smudge. Unfortunately, it also does not do much more. It barely made my eyes lashes darker and did not make them look longer. To make them look just a little darker, I had to apply three coats. I returned it for Clinique Lash Power as I did not want to pay for a mascara that required 1/8 the tube with every use as it would last only 2-3 weeks. They need a richer or thicker formula. For those ladies who want to look as if they are not wearing mascara, this is a good one, though. I would not buy again as the price is too much for such a basic mascara. You are better off with Maybelline Great Lash for half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by nettaOY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best mascara that I've tried. And what I mean by that is, that the Lash Power mascara does not smudge! I've tried plenty of other mascaras that smudge after a few hours. EVEN WATERPROOF ONES!
So, this is the only one (also Sensai 38 ℃ does the same, but I quit buying it when I heard that they test on animals)
This does not do anything super amazing on my lashes though. It's not super volumizing or anything... And it's quite pricey (27 here in Finland) but it's worth it.

So, I definitely recommend this mascara to people who find other, even waterproof mascaras smudging on them. This stays on until I take it off at the end of the day.

Will repurchase over and over again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

I like mascara that can wash off well with warm water as it is sooo much more convenient as opposed to using the eye make up remover which i find too oily! So it was a big plus for me when i discovered this mascara - which is really the first "tubing" mascara i discovered.

the cons are: 1) it does not do wonders for my eyelash besides lengthening them slightly 2) it tends to flake after about 2 hours or so. I live in Singapore, a really hot and humid climate, so it could be because of the weather 3) it is slightly more expensive than other "tubing" mascara i recently discovered like Maybeline lashionista does a better job at a cheaper price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Terrible brush. My lashes always look clumpy and bad. Sparse, which is weird, because without mascara they are pretty thick anyway. Formula's okay, not thickening or anything special. Guess the main appeal is the tubing aspect. They could've worked on the rest, surely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on a third tube of this mascara (all in Black Onyx) - and it is absolutely excellent with one exception - it does not hold a curl (even when used with a lash curler) but I can forgive that because the staying power is wonderful.

At work I have to look presentable and racoon eyes is not a presentable look for a professional woman in her 30s.

Clinique saved me - I can be out in the rain, in the heat, I can rub my eyes accidentally, nothing budges, nothing leaves an unattractive dark shadow on my lower eyelid (I usually leave these makeup free - makeup on my lower eyelids seems to drag my face down?!).

It make my eyelashes look much more dense (its tiny wand allows to get right into the roots of my eyelashes), not too long but very well defined with rich black - I have not experienced any greyishness after it drying on my eyelashes.

Also the price of it is quite right - I am paying �16 for it in Boots, which I think is a fair price for this product.

I am removing it with a Garnier's oil based makeup remover and a bit of Bioderma micellar water mixed together on a cotton pad - it comes off equally good as with water + I am removing all my waterproof eye makeup at the same time. I hated removing it with some warm water as the tiny, black bits were then strewn all over my face and washbowl grrrr.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you want a mascara that will not budge in the highest possible humidity - this is the one. I work in extremely humid climates - think pacific islands - and this mascara is the only one of many I have tried that stays as you put it on until you take it off. It doesn't clump, smear or flake. I have recommended it to many women working in tropical climates and they have all loved it. Interestingly, its not as brilliant when I've worn it in temperate or "normal" climates.