August 31, 2014 | 1040 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Terrible brush. My lashes always look clumpy and bad. Sparse, which is weird, because without mascara they are pretty thick anyway. Formula's okay, not thickening or anything special. Guess the main appeal is the tubing aspect. They could've worked on the rest, surely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on a third tube of this mascara (all in Black Onyx) - and it is absolutely excellent with one exception - it does not hold a curl (even when used with a lash curler) but I can forgive that because the staying power is wonderful.

At work I have to look presentable and racoon eyes is not a presentable look for a professional woman in her 30s.

Clinique saved me - I can be out in the rain, in the heat, I can rub my eyes accidentally, nothing budges, nothing leaves an unattractive dark shadow on my lower eyelid (I usually leave these makeup free - makeup on my lower eyelids seems to drag my face down?!).

It make my eyelashes look much more dense (its tiny wand allows to get right into the roots of my eyelashes), not too long but very well defined with rich black - I have not experienced any greyishness after it drying on my eyelashes.

Also the price of it is quite right - I am paying �16 for it in Boots, which I think is a fair price for this product.

I am removing it with a Garnier's oil based makeup remover and a bit of Bioderma micellar water mixed together on a cotton pad - it comes off equally good as with water + I am removing all my waterproof eye makeup at the same time. I hated removing it with some warm water as the tiny, black bits were then strewn all over my face and washbowl grrrr.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you want a mascara that will not budge in the highest possible humidity - this is the one. I work in extremely humid climates - think pacific islands - and this mascara is the only one of many I have tried that stays as you put it on until you take it off. It doesn't clump, smear or flake. I have recommended it to many women working in tropical climates and they have all loved it. Interestingly, its not as brilliant when I've worn it in temperate or "normal" climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by sl_yeap

This is my go-to mascara. I've gone through tubes and tubes of this.

Every single non-waterproof mascara out there smudges on me. No kidding. I've tried Cover Girl, Maybelline, Revlon, Dior, Lancome etc. None of them work, even if they claim to be "non-smudging". The Lash Power, my friend, works! I live in a place wear it's humid 365 days in a year. This mascara stays on until I remove it. And it's easy to remove, not like waterproof mascaras.

If you're looking for extreme volume, then look elsewhere. This mascara does not do that. What it does is give your lashes very good definition and a glossy coat of color. And it gives me good lengths too. My lashes are very short, by the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by sydney69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG! HG! HG! I must have tried at least a dozen mascaras over the past two years, looking for one that wouldn't make my eyes sore and bloodshot. I've tried Boots sensitive, Clinique naturally glossy, Almay one coat, various waterproof and organic/natural/paraben-free mascaras ordered at considerable expense online - you name it. Every single time, within hours (sometimes minutes) of applying, my eyes would start to feel raw, then sore, and finally I would look in the mirror to find yellow tired-looking eyes (at best) or a bloodshot watery mess (at worst). I'd got to a point where I would only wear waterproof mascara and only on special occasions, and put up with sore eyes for at least a day afterwards. So finally I've tried a tubing mascara. I had resisted the concept earlier because even though it made sense that the tubes would stay put on your lashes and therefore not get in your eyes, the thought of pulling tubes of mascara off my eyelashes was off-putting, and I didn't think I could do it without losing lashes each time. As it turns out, you can get the mascara off with a cotton pad and warm water (thanks, fellow reviewers!), and although it comes off in clumps, this is a good thing for me because in the past the dissolved mascara would find its way into my eyes when I removed it, setting me up for days of red eyes. I first tried Lash Power (black onyx) at the Clinique counter and wore it for the rest of the day, not expecting miracles. To my amazement, I forgot I had it on (!) until later that day when I noticed that my eyes looked better than usual. Sure enough, the mascara hadn't budged AT ALL - no smudges - but more importantly to me, my eyes were completely clear!! I ordered a tube of both the black and brown and have just worn the brown (dark chocolate is a good description of the colour - it's brown not brown-black) all day, even during several hours of computer work, and it has not affected my eyes one bit. I only applied it to one eye to make sure it wasn't my (wishful) imagination, but no, the mascara'd eye is no different to the other one. Hallelujah! It even lengthens a bit, but doesn't give much in the way of volume, but then I don't like volumising mascaras anyway - I like the long feathery look. It goes on smoothly too, and doesn't clump or leave gobs of mascara on the tips of your lashes (although with any mascara I always brush through with a dry spoolie after applying). I hope this review isn't premature, but I think Lash Power has found a fan for life. HIGHLY recommended for sensitive eyes!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This is the best mascara for sensitive eyes. It never smudges or clumps. It never runs and never leaves you looking like a raccoon. It is easy to remove too. If you use a lash primer like even the primer half of L'Oreal's Double Extend in waterproof, it will look a lot more dramatic and still be smudge-proof and last forever. It is a tubing mascara. Two things that would make me like it better: a plastic wand/bristles that grip lashes and a more voluminizing & lengthening formula. The size of the brush is small, which is excellent, but the bristles don't really deposit a lot of product to create a lot of drama. And the formula doesn't create seem to hold the lash curl very well. Very good at defining. I really liked how it could be on my lashes all night and it would never irritate my eyes or make them itch. Never flaked.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by delerium55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara! This stuff is amazing! It stands up to Texas summers, swimming, rain, humidity, etc. It comes off easily in the shower with warm water, so no need for eye mu remover. Thickens and slightly lengthens, very natural looking. I have Black Onyx and Dark Chocolate, both are great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by aliciaeriksson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I truly love this mascara! It's not particulary lengthening or volumizing, but it covers and seperates the lashes perfectly and makes my eyes look clear and really pretty.

I find it easy to apply with the small brush and it's suitable both for a natural look and a more defined one.
It's long lasting and doesn't flake at all, but still it's easy to wash off with just hot water and your fingertips.

The only cons I can come up with is that it's quite pricey and the lashes doesn't stay curled the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd tube of this. It all started when I got my makeup done for my wedding. The makeup artist used all Clinique products and she used this mascara on me. I had originally wanted fake lashes, but she was able to sculpt gorgeous long lashes with this mascara. It was AMAZING. I still look at the pictures and can't believe that I'm not wearing fakes. I bought this on the spot.
PROS:
-Incredibly long wearing formula- will not smudge, can survive allergy-eyes and crying (I wore it to my wedding and to a few funerals...did not see a single black streak with either) I've also worn this to the pool.
-Adds beautiful build-able length even to short lashes like mine
-Lashes look like you just finished curling them until you remove it. Truly amazing.
-Teeny tiny brush makes application SOOOO much easier. You can reach every single little lash with this Every mascara should have a brush like this.

CONS:
-Pricey for a small tube
-Formula is on the dryer side and after a few months it dries out more and gets hard to work with.
-Difficult to remove. Takes some effort and some good eye make up remove, which isn't the worst thing, but in my perfect world eye make up would stay on like you just applied it and then glide right off quickly with no effort.

All in all, I will probably always have this on hand for special occasions. The cons are what keep me from using this every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by missandix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara a lot. The formula is amazing, first tubing mascara I have ever tried, and i love it.
Pros: lasts all day, easy to remove, very black (black onyx), nice brush that gives you full control, great for lower lashes (formula and brush wise)
Cons: quite a dry formula - I favor normal to wet mascaras more, takes me 2-3 coats to get the length and volume I desire (medium volume, nothing crazy), quite a small amount in the tube.
I still love this mascara especially for summer or for long days, would definitely repurchase and recommend to a friend.