April 16, 2014 | 1834 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used samples of this, enough to last me two weeks straight. I'm only giving this 3 lippies for the following reasons:
- the mica in it, or whatever it is that leaves this weird iridescent sheen on your skin seems highly un-natural to me, and can't be good for your skin. It's like a shiny layer on top to trick you into thinking your glowing. Not cool
- it didn't really do anything to change my skin tone.
I have sensitive skin prone to redness across my nose and cheeks and this did nothing to alleviate that. On the other hand, it didn't irritate my skin or make me break out. So that's why I think 3 lippies is fair marks for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This serum mattified nicely under my moisturizer, but I didnt like the awkward square shaped bottle, makes it hard to get it all out. I got the sample sized one that lasted me about a week, so I didn't notice any longterm benefits or changes in my skin, but it gave a nice overall matte smooth finish on my skin. Probably wouldn't buy the whole product, but it may be worth giving a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by macaosandy1

One of the few items I have used consistently over the years. Great for acne prone aging skin as it makes skin feel great, shrinks pore size, and works as moisturizer/primer under makeup. It really is a must have...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by rabagast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

If this was marketed as a primer i'd give it a 4. The short term result is quite lovely, but it's still insanely overpriced for a primer.

Problem is this is marketed as a pore minimizing "treatment". In the short term it does camouflage pores, fair enough, but also clogs them up like crazy and makes skin look worse in the longer run.

I can't use this on a regular basis, only as a primer on rare occasions. And apart from clogging up my skin this is a very nice primer, it makes my skin look clearer and brighter and more even in tone and texture. But i'm quite annoyed that beyond the short term camouflage this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims to, it actually maximizes pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product was so bad made my skin break out there is very fine mica in the product that create a fake glow. and the mica is what has been responsible for clogging my pores and causing my acne in places i never had them before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

I have been looking for a replacement for fruition by EL and was told this is close. the very helpful EL lady at the counter gave me a large sample...i am in my 2nd week of it...and have noticed improvement. when i was a teenager i only used fruition because i was given it as a gift for working at the duty free and loved it...cleared up my skin like i don't know what....but it was a bit pricey for an 19 year old. fast forward 14 years and i want it so bad....for fine lines now as well as mild breakouts...and it is gone. so idealist while good is not as great as fruition. will probably buy it when i am finished sample though as i do see improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works. For those with a nose with "sebaceous filaments" that look like black heads eternal that have read all the articles on the internet that explain that they must live with this, there is no fixing - I recommend to try this yes expensive but efficient product. It does have a brightening tone effect to the skin, but its main quality is that it works, also is a very gentle way to keep pore tighter and reduce appearance of blackheads. Optimal results are achieved with Estee Lauder's Perfectionist night serum (that mildly exfoliates and cleanses pores). Discontinuing use does not keep the problem solved, you just need to use it daily. But I would buy this over any other new pair of shoes or jeans because better have a new face in old clothes than otherwise (Joan Rivers paraphrase).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I have been using this product on and off for the past 9 years or so. I always end up repurchasing it, its the cost that deters me a little so I try to use it sparingly.

I find that it smooths my skin and minimises my pores. When I wake up the next morning my foundation applies like a dream. I really like this serum. I don't use it every day because of the price so I tend to use it once every 3 days and at night only. I concentrate the serum on my nose area where I have visible pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by makeupmiller

This product made me break out!! I hardly ever get blemishes on my skin and its not sensitive at all yet this made me break out like crazy. It took me a long time to figure out that it was the idealist that made my skin break out and as soon as i stopped using it my face cleared up. This product does make your skin feel really soft but it doesn't seem to make pores any smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by hybrid756

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Want an expensive treat? Buy this! Ok, it's pricey and it doesn't last that long if you get addicted to using it (which you probably will) but god damn... it makes your skin feel like velvet.

That is all!