November 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by GrayRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Another overpriced product on the market. I really love EL, but this does little but give me pimples if used two days in a row.

It does control oiliness but its easy to use too much which gives your makeup an unnaturally "stiff" finish. It minimizes pores a little but i'm just not super impressed at all.

It was a sample, but I wouldn't purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Am I missing something here? I purchased the large size and while I can't say its the worse thing I have ever tried, it is far from the best. First off, it does absolutely nothing for the skin- there are no benefits to this stuff. It doesn't heal, moisturize, penetrate, eliminate or really even rejuvenate. My skin didn't look more vibrant after use at all, well, not in any noticeable way one would expect for $130.00 smackarooz... As for Lauders "virtually poreless and even toned" claims, that's a little advanced for what this stuff is. In order to tone up or even out the skin a product must have some sort of advanced and beneficial properties to it. Idealist Pore Reducer is so packed with effing silicone I just don't see how this could be good for your skin, let alone not clog your pores to the heavens. Matter of fact I got a few zits and I haven't had a pimple in over a decade- I also noticed the pores around my nose (which were already large) had formed noticeable and deep blackheads. For sure I attribute this to usage of said product. The only plus to here for me was that my skin felt smooth but how could it not with a layer of skin turtle wax over it? I think what EL means by pore reducer is not to be taken literally; this is a primer and may fill pores so to appear smooth if you already have near perfect "camera ready" type skin. Honestly this is really just a pricey primer and not a very good one at that. Don't waste your money ladies! Get a sample and see if its for you before shelling out the big bucks on this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

This serum makes my skin look great! I apply it in the daytime after cleansing but before moisturizing. When I first started using it, I noticed that my skin looked and felt smoother immediately, and after a couple of months I noticed a further reduction in my hormonal breakouts (they were initially reduced from using ELís Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Complex Serum).

The way this serum works is that it contains sugar acids that break down dead skin cells, amplifying the skinís natural exfoliation process and preventing dead skin cells from sitting in the pores. It also contains vitamins, which are said to be time released throughout the day to keep the skin nourished, as well as some silicon ingredients that make it a nice primer, but also a protective barrier from dirt and pollutants naturally found in the environment.

Because I experienced both short term and long term results, I find that itís completely worth the money. The pump dispenser ensures that I am not wasting product. I could probably get away with using a single pump, but product junkie that I am, I tend to use 2 pumps, and a 1.7 oz bottle will last me about 5 months.

EDIT: Unfortunately, after a while I found that this product exacerbated my breakouts. I ran out and didn't replace it right away, and in that time my hormonal breakouts were suddenly a lot less severe. The only thing that had changed was that I stopped using this product, so unfortunately I think this is the culprit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another winner from EL! I picked up the 3.4 fl. oz back in July for $90 and really glad I did.My sister introducted me to this product when I was 19 or 20 and kept oooing and aahing over how beautiful her skin was. So I must have had the original formula to start. This was my first product from EL and now I always go to their counter first for most of my make up and skin care products. Although, I am trying to find some quality drugstore products, but I think this and ANRSC will always be staples in my routine. I use idealist in the morning after cleansing with my clarisonic mia and before my moisturizer with sunscreen and my skin looks and feels just dreamy! I've been contimplating trying out the Perfectionist in lieu of this one, but after reading those reviews (verses what I see using Idealist) here on MUA, I am not so sure I want to mess with what is working.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by lelikavaii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First of all this is not a serum it is a primer packed with silicones which will provide a nice effect at first but won't do anything for your skin in the long run besides maybe clogging your pores and causing some break outs if u r prone to it. Smell is nice but after a week it was getting under my skin, I got a 2 week sample at the counter along with their ANR which by the way is working wonders so far. I will not purchase, for this money you can get a serum that will work and maybe have some funds left for a decent primer:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used samples of this, enough to last me two weeks straight. I'm only giving this 3 lippies for the following reasons:
- the mica in it, or whatever it is that leaves this weird iridescent sheen on your skin seems highly un-natural to me, and can't be good for your skin. It's like a shiny layer on top to trick you into thinking your glowing. Not cool
- it didn't really do anything to change my skin tone.
I have sensitive skin prone to redness across my nose and cheeks and this did nothing to alleviate that. On the other hand, it didn't irritate my skin or make me break out. So that's why I think 3 lippies is fair marks for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This serum mattified nicely under my moisturizer, but I didnt like the awkward square shaped bottle, makes it hard to get it all out. I got the sample sized one that lasted me about a week, so I didn't notice any longterm benefits or changes in my skin, but it gave a nice overall matte smooth finish on my skin. Probably wouldn't buy the whole product, but it may be worth giving a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by macaosandy1

One of the few items I have used consistently over the years. Great for acne prone aging skin as it makes skin feel great, shrinks pore size, and works as moisturizer/primer under makeup. It really is a must have...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by rabagast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

If this was marketed as a primer i'd give it a 4. The short term result is quite lovely, but it's still insanely overpriced for a primer.

Problem is this is marketed as a pore minimizing "treatment". In the short term it does camouflage pores, fair enough, but also clogs them up like crazy and makes skin look worse in the longer run.

I can't use this on a regular basis, only as a primer on rare occasions. And apart from clogging up my skin this is a very nice primer, it makes my skin look clearer and brighter and more even in tone and texture. But i'm quite annoyed that beyond the short term camouflage this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims to, it actually maximizes pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product was so bad made my skin break out there is very fine mica in the product that create a fake glow. and the mica is what has been responsible for clogging my pores and causing my acne in places i never had them before.