September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad "Blushed Wines"

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon Eye shadow quads and this one is especially stunning: I've always run away from apricot tones, because my medium tone freckled skin and brown eyes made me look for colder tones, mainly greys and occasional taupes. Then I happened to make a virtual makeover on Taaz and accidentally clicked on an apricot toned eyeshadow and POOF, here was my face but just... better. So I ran to buy an apricot toned shadow and didn't find much: this palette is not technically an "apricot" palette, but the second and third shades in it get close and well, they make my eyes very, very interesting, making my green undertones pop out. I use every shade of it and I'm just satisfied with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these pinks. They bring out my green eyes without making me look like I've been rubbing my eyes raw.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by muddysheep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't often buy drugstore brands, but I was caught away from home without my evening makeup and decided to give this quad a try. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of these shadows. As others have noted, they're not as highly pigmented as MAC or similar brands, but this makes them foolproof to apply: the colours work together to give a very glam, 'done' look which is very quick and easy to apply. Some have described these shadows as mauve, but I found them to be more of a neutral pinky tones; they suited my yellow-toned skin, whereas I can't wear purple at all. I will definitely repurchase, and will buy this quad in other colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have almost all of the 12-hour eyeshadow quads and this one is my favorite. I have light brown eyes and these colors look great on me. Staying power is awesome, they don't crease or budge after a long day at work.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by powpow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with teenystar. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one this quad did't work for I was starting to think I might have gotten a bad batch. The 2 darkest shades were almost invisible and the 2 lighter shades made me feel like my eyes glowed in the dark. Too bad because they did blend well and they did last 14 hours with virtually no creasing (I use UDPP as a base. I will try wet n wild's Mojave Mauve like teenystar suggested.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Eeehh, Iīve never used anything by Revlon before, a friend has this in "stonewashed denims" or something like that, is a blues palette, I tried it and it looked so gorgeous on me!, so after reading about the "blushed wines" here and reading how well it complemented brown eyes I said why not? BIG mistake!! this quad has absolutely no pigmentation and when I tried to pack the color on so I could get a little more color it got all chalky, the only ones that work a little are the lighter and the darkest the other two are useles, the only way I could get this a little better was when I put the yogurt jumbopencil by nyx underneath, it looked a little brighter. The only good thing about this is that itīs not shimmery and can be wear by day for work but I definitely wonīt be buying this again, maybe another color combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hannah16

I pretty much only use the last color, that dark purple shimmery shade. I've had this stuff for ages but don't have the heart to throw it out since I LOVE it. I use the darkest shade and put a little on the top lid (to rim it) and then rim the bottom and it looks so great. My lid broke off which is my only complaint, but I love it too much. It's my daily staple and I always find myself using it. I'd reccomend it to anyone with hazel ish eyes and brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Missyfoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not much to add to the other reviews. I LOVE this eyeshadow quad & I have had it for years no. I love the look on my eyes and they are quite flattering. I liked their staying power that I bought another 2 in different colours. Definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by flawlesswannabee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great quad of eyeshadows for everyday. They seem to be quite sheer but can be buildable. They look soft and shimmery and are easily blendable. Some creasing will be experienced without a primer but is not overly obvious. The colours go well together and I've been using this quad everyday since I bought it! The shadows look much better on the eyes than these swatches can show(pics):

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mareycarey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff - for years I have bought MAC, Lancome, Bobbie Brown, etc. shadows and all wear "eh" on me. Price and brand prestige have not translated into better results - all have performed about the same. Now I'm sick of buying taupe and cocoa tones that fade. How boring. I read on Paula Begoun's site that these could be good drugstore products and I'm having GREAT success - I use some stick foundation that I don't like to use as facial foundation as eyelid primer, and these babies stick. I'm sure the expensive stuff would stick too with primer - but if the foundation makes this last just fine then why pay more?

The colors work on my light medium skin, blue/hazel eyes and reddish/brown hair.