December 20, 2014 | 1295 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought Blacktrack about six years ago, and I've been loving it ever since. I always used to use liquid liner to do a cat eye until I started using this gel. I have never gone back because with a small angled brush (MAC 208) I can get the same effect. I've also used it smudged against the lash lines, and as a base with Carbon eyeshadow on top for a really dark smokey eye. I've put it on at six in the morning, and it stayed on all the way until three the next morning. So it stays really well. Once I ran out and my sister bought me the exact same thing from another brand, and it wasn't even close to being as good. This one is so creamy! Whether you get it out on the brush, or put it on the back of your hand first, make sure you close the lid all the way first so it doesn't dry out. Love Fluidline from MAC!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the MAC gel liners, I have the colors dipdown and blacktrack. They are very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and you have some time to smudge it before it sets if that is the look you are going for. Even once it is set it can smudge a bit if rubbed, but I generally don't have problems with touching my eyes once made up. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I have dry skin and therefore do not have oily eyelids. Something worth mentioning is that I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. This liner will not stay on my bottom lash line without bleeding into my foundation. This is the reason for 3 lippies. To remedy this problem I use the MC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes. Packaging is good, this liner could last you years which is why I gave it a decent rating for price. However, I said that I would not repurchase because I really feel that the Maybelline studio gel liner really rivals this and the price is better. MAC definitely has a better color selection though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by hyouga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off saying that it's actually really good eyeliner, but not good for me. I was really enthusiastic about buying it, because I have so much trouble with finding the right eyeliner. I went to the MAC store one day, bought the eyeliner, bought the brush, that whole thing. They were about $40 together and I absolutely cannot afford to buy makeup that expensive, but thankfully I was being treated that day.
I have dark skin, so I had to keep applying layers and layers while still making sure that I wasn't using too much since it was quite a small amount. When I would try to do something different with my eyeliner, it would smudge to hell and look way too soft. The MAC brush for it is great and I love it, but I won't have much use for it now.
I'm not going to say to not buy this, but be aware that it may not work as well as you want it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by eeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color didn't come out that black.
It was not precise at all.
What a waste of $17.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mbarnard0429

Great liner! I use this with a little bit of urban decay's primer and it stays put for 12+ hours. Definite repurchase for me. I have found it goes on best with myMAC #209 brush :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing smudges in 10 minutes, I'm a make up artist and this thing doesn't work for half of my clients :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really held off getting this item because of the price. I felt it difficult to justify such a price for a gel eyeliner. However, I have tried several different drugstore eyeliners and none compare. WnW's gel liner is great but dries out super fast. (and it's not the packaging, as I had assumed) Blacktrack is not only smooth but according to reviews, lasts forever. So far, it has not dried out a bit. (compared to WnW which started drying out immediately, even though i depotted it and put it in better packaging) It also stays better than anything else I've tried. (including Bobbi Brown's coveted liner) I will definitely be using this as a staple. Even though it's pricy, it seems to last a lot longer than drugstore liners so I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's a good eyeliner...nice colour, lasts on my eyes all day, till I remove it (with a wet wipe)...good price coz u get a lot of product even though it looks so small (the jar is so cute <3)...I will definitely buy also the brown and purple ones...also, it doesn't have PAO, its shelf life is more than 3 years (unlike most Dior, Chanel etc eyeliners that have a PAO of 6 months which means u gotta buy it twice a year unless u want to get an infection). LOVE IT <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I picked this eyeliner up from The Cosmetic Company Outlet for $11.25, and this was my first MAC purchase. I've always felt like MAC products were overrated, so I only got this because it was at a discounted price and because eyeliner is the one makeup product I cannot live without.

Overall, this was a pretty good gel liner. I think my expectations for it were quite high because EVERYONE raves about this product. It is very pigmented and smooth, and it doesn't smudge unlike some other gel/cream liners I've tried. The very first gel liner I tried was the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liner in Blackest Black, and I feel like that was very comparable to the MAC Fluidline, but a few dollars cheaper. Now that I think about it, I suppose getting the MAC fluidline isn't a ridiculous investment, since the L'Oreal liner was about $10. You're only paying a few dollars more, so I don't feel as guilty about buying this product.

This is a great gel liner, and I would repurchase it at the regular retail price. I guess my expectations were just too high, and it wasn't like I was blown away at the quality of it, because I've seen comparable results with a slightly cheaper drugstore gel eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by mpankov

this is the best eyliner i have ever try. It is smudge proof without plastic look and easy to put on lids. It is not waterproof but tears (if apperas due to cold weather or dust) will not make shades on lids. Also I am a contact lens wearer and can say that I don't even feel that I wear something on my eyes.