October 20, 2014 | 1882 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I picked this eyeliner up from The Cosmetic Company Outlet for $11.25, and this was my first MAC purchase. I've always felt like MAC products were overrated, so I only got this because it was at a discounted price and because eyeliner is the one makeup product I cannot live without.

Overall, this was a pretty good gel liner. I think my expectations for it were quite high because EVERYONE raves about this product. It is very pigmented and smooth, and it doesn't smudge unlike some other gel/cream liners I've tried. The very first gel liner I tried was the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liner in Blackest Black, and I feel like that was very comparable to the MAC Fluidline, but a few dollars cheaper. Now that I think about it, I suppose getting the MAC fluidline isn't a ridiculous investment, since the L'Oreal liner was about $10. You're only paying a few dollars more, so I don't feel as guilty about buying this product.

This is a great gel liner, and I would repurchase it at the regular retail price. I guess my expectations were just too high, and it wasn't like I was blown away at the quality of it, because I've seen comparable results with a slightly cheaper drugstore gel eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by mpankov

this is the best eyliner i have ever try. It is smudge proof without plastic look and easy to put on lids. It is not waterproof but tears (if apperas due to cold weather or dust) will not make shades on lids. Also I am a contact lens wearer and can say that I don't even feel that I wear something on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this gel liner, but it does have its cons.
It lasts on for hours and hours without fading, it's easy and fairly smooth to apply, and doesn't tend to clump so it's great for doing cat eyeliner. Did I mention it lasts, to the point that I'd say it's almost water proof?! Just amazing.
It does, however, transfer and leave a grey-ish mark on the top of my eyelid that the part of the lid I apply liner on (close to the lashes) touches when I open my eyes, and that is pretty annoying. It doesn't seem to affect how the liner itself looks, though. I do use an eyeshadow primer (UD Primer Potion) before the liner but it doesn't help with the transfer problem.
The liner also dries out and hardens in the pot in 2 years or so, which means one will end up throwing out a lot of product as you need very little for application. Then again, believe this is common for most gel liners!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had mine a little over a year and it stinks now! I didn't think it would 'go bad' so soon. Didn't use it often because it dries to a lighter black on me and I really like intense dark jet black liner for my top lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only liner I will use. I use a 266 angled brush with it and the application is flawless. The gel goes on smoothly and precise. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Lei77

This is a mainstay in my makeup kit. It doesn't smudge and smooth to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by mugetto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Easy applying with angled brush. Its lasting is good, up to 6-7 hours. But around 8th hour, it starts to be paled

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I have purchased about 4 jars of MAC blacktrack fluid ine. Its the eyeliner I use daily and its applied with the MAC #266 brush. I have tried Bobbi Brown gel liner and Make Up Forever gel liner and I like the MAC fluidline the most. Its the same quality as other gel liners I have tried, its lasts all day and its easy to apply. This product has the typical gel liner look. Its not shiny and still has a softer look than a liquid liner. I find gel liner lasts a lot longer and this brand offers the product at a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by AyumuAkimoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My Holy Grail Eyeliner.

I have never bought an eyeliner in my life as good as this one.
Yes, it smudges a bit and it dries out after a year of use in my pot but you can be sure that it stays literally ALL DAY in your eyes where you want them to. That is if you properly prep and prime your eyes. I think it's an awesome product because it stays a deep black after a day of use.

I've used other brands of Gel Liner but I always had myself reaching out for a pot of Fluidline. The pigment, the creaminess and the staying power is top notch and there's only minimal fading. It was almost waterproof. I can be sure that I won't look like a panda right at the end of the day.

I find it problematic when I use it on my waterline (as it smudges pretty bad!) so I just use a pencil liner on it and just smudge smudge smudge to create a smokey look.

All in all, this product is such a great find. You won't be disappointed buying it because you can be sure you'll be reaching for this every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I haven't experienced any of the drying that other reviewers have complained about, but my bottle is only a year or two old. These suckers LAST! There's a lot in there, especially if you have hooded eyes like me -- you don't need a lot.

It's easy to spread, though I find that it clumps on my brush sometimes. You're supposed to put it on the back of your hand to warm it up before applying, but since it's hard to wash off I'm usually too lazy. The color is very black.

I 100% plan on buying this again. I'm actually eyeing some of the other colors too.