November 23, 2014 | 2046 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am absolutely IN LOVE with waveline because it makes my dark brown eyes POP!! this is the first fluidline i've purchased, and it caused me to buy every other fluidline mac has to offer. before this, i used to use regular kohl liners, but it kept smudging throughout the day and causing this ugly wannabe smokey eyed look (i think it has something to do with my super deep asian asian crease, but who knows). now with waveline, i have no more racoon eyes. this liner stays put throughout the day (even in the water!). try it, you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jessiev

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this colour - I was a little wary of wearing this with my blue eyes but actually, in my humble opinion, it looks pretty good! It looks brighter in the pot but when applied I would call it a royal blue with a hint of purple. I agree with some of the other reviewers that it does not lend itself to the most smooth of applications but I am able to get it work for me so like it very much!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ditch13

I've use the Blacktrack before and for what I remember it was fine, so I decided to try more colours. The colour looks brighter in the jar, and when I apply on my lid, it becomes a bit darker, which I actually like. But I have one problem when applying... it's too uhm... how should I say this...

When I draw a line, the gel doesn't go on consistently. The middle of the line is lighter and it pushes the gel toward the edge of the line, so you basically have an outlined line (imagine a box fill with a lighter colour with a dark outline...) If I brush it over again it gets worse. I guess it's not thick enough so it doesn't stay on well as I draw the line. I don't remember that happened w/ the Blacktrack but I guess I'll try it again.

The colour is too light, meaning it's not intense at all, need to apply more layers, but if you like a natural look with just a hint enhancement of you face, this will do the job.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by RockyHorrorPictureShow

I'm a NC30
in the container, it looks like a navy blue color with some shimmers. But on me its just a plain navy blue. (I like it because it bring out my brown eyes), one thing I def. didn't like about it was it was very pigmented, you have to pile it on to get a navy blue, and this on me smudges whether its on my eyelid or my waterline and/or lower lash line.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ehang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Waveline has a little shimmers in it so it makes the navy blue color a little lighter. I'm more to the tanned side so i guess thats why it doesnt really show up too well as a liner on my skin, it sort of makes me look sickly in a way too. However recently I discovered that some people use fluidline as the crease eyeshadow (just a little dab) and i tried it. It looks spectacular!!! Well any fluidlines could be used for this but i think i'll keep the waveline for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lauradfromnc

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Use the gorgeous MAC round medium eyeliner brush and you should have no problem. This color is amazing and so versatile. Used on my daughter today with beautiful iris on the lid and goldmine on the brow. Gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by klban

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is gorgeous, it's truly long lasting, but I would really like some way to make this formula smoother and easier to apply. It just seems so dry compared to other gel eyeliners.
I want to use it & them end up dismayed because it takes so long to get to it to look deep and smooth, rather than sparse and cakey. Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried putting a dab on my hand to warm it up and so it sprerad easier but it still goes on so dry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh fluidline, my love! I never wore eyeliner before the advent of this miracle product. Waveline is the fifth in my collection, and was a total impulse buy. It's a nice inky blue that seems to go on almost see-through at first, but which is easily buildable to a nice deep shade. Blacktrack has great colour payoff, yes, but holy moly is it ever stark on my sun-deprived Canadian complexion! For this reason, I actually find Waveline more versatile than good ol' basic Blacktrack. Fluidlines are pricey at the outset, but that teeny pot will last you forever. Longer than you should probably keep it, actually... hmm. ANYWAY, I do have a bit of a gripe with those cute pots: They don't seem to be airtight. My older fluidlines are starting to dry out. They still work just fine, but at that price... c'mon. Make it airtight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Addytude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second eyeliner gel. I'm so sold on this type of liner. It's my HG! This is a great fun deep blue (but not navy) color to wear if you are in the mood for something different. Everyone that sees it, loves it. Even my husband liked it and he doesn't really like me wearing a lot of make-up. It's easy to apply when you dab it across, however, if you try drawing a line straight across it ends up being very thin. I also like to smudge a little bit in my crease for some added color. I use brush #266 or #269 the most for applying liner. One thing though, I am not thrilled about the tub being glass, since I'm not the most graceful. I will repurchase this color again!! Don't forget to use a primer before applying any liner. I use MAC's and adore it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Winnie3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first fluidline purchase from MAC and I am impressed. It applies easily and the color on me is a dark purply blue which compliments my blue eyes. I use Paula's Choice thinnest eyeliner brush to apply it to get a narrow line and this liner does not budge on me. Love it and I will repurchase. I am now interested in trying the other fluidline colors.