April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ehang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Waveline has a little shimmers in it so it makes the navy blue color a little lighter. I'm more to the tanned side so i guess thats why it doesnt really show up too well as a liner on my skin, it sort of makes me look sickly in a way too. However recently I discovered that some people use fluidline as the crease eyeshadow (just a little dab) and i tried it. It looks spectacular!!! Well any fluidlines could be used for this but i think i'll keep the waveline for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lauradfromnc

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Use the gorgeous MAC round medium eyeliner brush and you should have no problem. This color is amazing and so versatile. Used on my daughter today with beautiful iris on the lid and goldmine on the brow. Gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by klban

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is gorgeous, it's truly long lasting, but I would really like some way to make this formula smoother and easier to apply. It just seems so dry compared to other gel eyeliners.
I want to use it & them end up dismayed because it takes so long to get to it to look deep and smooth, rather than sparse and cakey. Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried putting a dab on my hand to warm it up and so it sprerad easier but it still goes on so dry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh fluidline, my love! I never wore eyeliner before the advent of this miracle product. Waveline is the fifth in my collection, and was a total impulse buy. It's a nice inky blue that seems to go on almost see-through at first, but which is easily buildable to a nice deep shade. Blacktrack has great colour payoff, yes, but holy moly is it ever stark on my sun-deprived Canadian complexion! For this reason, I actually find Waveline more versatile than good ol' basic Blacktrack. Fluidlines are pricey at the outset, but that teeny pot will last you forever. Longer than you should probably keep it, actually... hmm. ANYWAY, I do have a bit of a gripe with those cute pots: They don't seem to be airtight. My older fluidlines are starting to dry out. They still work just fine, but at that price... c'mon. Make it airtight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Addytude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second eyeliner gel. I'm so sold on this type of liner. It's my HG! This is a great fun deep blue (but not navy) color to wear if you are in the mood for something different. Everyone that sees it, loves it. Even my husband liked it and he doesn't really like me wearing a lot of make-up. It's easy to apply when you dab it across, however, if you try drawing a line straight across it ends up being very thin. I also like to smudge a little bit in my crease for some added color. I use brush #266 or #269 the most for applying liner. One thing though, I am not thrilled about the tub being glass, since I'm not the most graceful. I will repurchase this color again!! Don't forget to use a primer before applying any liner. I use MAC's and adore it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Winnie3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first fluidline purchase from MAC and I am impressed. It applies easily and the color on me is a dark purply blue which compliments my blue eyes. I use Paula's Choice thinnest eyeliner brush to apply it to get a narrow line and this liner does not budge on me. Love it and I will repurchase. I am now interested in trying the other fluidline colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by dominiquealis

This fluid liner is okay. Sometimes it can be a bit testy when you apply it on. I usually have to let a first layer dry and then go over it again to make the lines filled.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by blufunk

GGG NC45

Beautiful flat purple on me. Very versatile as a base and liner and long lasting. I picked this up a my local CCO for $9USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always adhered to wearing black liner so for a while I was wearing Blacktrack or Blitz & Glitz but then I decided it was time to experiment with color and don the black liner and brown shadows.

I have blue eyes and I began playing with different colors and this navy liner with a subtle undertone of violet is absolutely gorgeous. It stays put all day long (I apply it with Mac's angular liner brush), never budges or smudges and it stays on until I take it off at the end of the day. It's the perfect shade for the shadows I've been wearing these days in the blue family which consist primarily of denim and sky blue.

If I am in a hurry and don't really have time for the shadow, the liner with a couple of coats of mascara still make my blue eyes pop and I know this is a winner and that I will always have a jar around.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by busymommy

I usually like fluidlines but not this one.The texture is harder to work with,back to blacktrack!