C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So where to i even start... alright well.. let's do the 3P's!
1. Packaging: I love the packaging, that's what initally attracted me to find this baby. It's really cute and vintage looking, and looks well put together, kind of expensive looking i guess you could say. It's just looks like something that's good quality. Alot of people complain that their Rose Salve packaging is hard to open, but mine opens like a dream.. i have no problem opening it.. so i can't relate to anyone on that note.
2. Price: For what you get in this little tin, it's totally worth it. it's 5.50$, and you get 22g/ 0.8 OZ of product... and with this product a little goes a long way, so this should last quite a while depending on what you use it for.
3. Product: Alright, the moment who ever is reading this was waiting for. I use this on my lips, my cuticles, my hands.. pretty much anywhere but I normally reach for this daily as a lipbalm. I have been a faithfull Blistex fan for such a long time, which is why i was hesitant in trying this since Blistex is cheaper and I always repurchase it, but I'm so glad i tried this! because I'm never going to buy Blistex again! This has become one of my two favorite go-to lipbalms (the other being CO Bigelow's My Favorite Lipbalm)! It's smooth, and you only need a teeny bit of this for the lips, which means i wont have to repurchse this for awhile, so i'll be saving money. It smells AMAZING, kind of a vanilla sort of scent, and it lasts a long time on my lips. Some people compare it to Vaseline, which i dont think it can be because this really nourishes the lips. Some people say it's greasy, but I personally dont have that problem. I now have soft, smooth lips all the time, and dont need to slap on lipbalm every second of the day. I love the results this gave me, and when i apply it on at night, i wake up with healthy, pink, soft lips.
Do I recommend this: YES.
Will I repurchase? YES.
Go try it, it's great xx

on 2/10/2013 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

So glad my cousin recommended this to me because it saved my dry lips! I've tried Burts Bees, Nivea, Soft Lips, EOS.. but this is by far the most hydrating one yet! It lasts longer than the other ones I've tried and even if I apply it on already dry lips, it hydrates instantly, which the other ones didn't seem to do. The smell is very pleasant and comes in a little container. I only use it for my lips because that's my main concern, but I am sure it would work just as fine for cuticles and other dry areas. I wish there was a tube form for this product because I don't prefer having to dip my finger in it when I'm out, because then I would need to wash my hands before application. Overall, great product, not expensive considering the amount, great smell; will definitely be repurchasing this!

on 2/9/2013 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have passed this tin up for years based on the really nasty looking samplers out at bbw- it just looks like overpriced pink petroleum jelly.
but then i recently read the ingredients, and after the petroleum comes lanolin and squalane, two respectable emollients, so i bought, still not expecting much. this has saved my eternally dehydrated cracked lips and hands this winter like nothing else. it truly is a treatment for dry cracked skin, not just a cover-up. usually my cuticles are ragged and torn all winter, but not now. and my lips still feel moisturized even after the salve has worn off. the rose smell is divine, and more foody, less flowery.
the tin package is an enormous pita that i struggle to open. the lid is very tough to pull off and usually must wedge a nail all around the rim to nudge it up and off. hate it so much that i am going to depot it into something with a screw top.

on 2/6/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

it's SO HARD TO OPEN. i honestly can't even say how much i like it because i haven't been able to open it enough times to use it regularly enough to SAY whether this has had a profound impact on my lips.

I LOVE this lip balm. i got this about a month ago at bath and body works and have used it every day sense! All my other lip moisturizers were not working but this one definitely did the trick. there is nothing bad to say about it at all. GO BUY THIS PRODUCT! YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!

I'm the type of girl who buys a lip balm a week and never uses it... anyways, i was picking up some candles at bath and body works and i saw this little pink tin. obviously, i couldn't resist. i didnt think i would honestly use it that much, since it comes in a tin. BOY, WAS I WRONG. this is my most used lip product and has been for the past 3 weeks. i've made quite the dent. my favorite part is the scent, and i absolutely love the texture. on my lips, it's slick (but not slippery) and SO smooth. i don't particularly like rose scents but i love this one. it's a nice change from my usual fruity, teeny-bopper lip scents! love love love this. highly recommend it.

I love this product!!!! AHHHH it's amazing. Yes, it's a little thick, but it moisturizing amazingly well.
The packaging peeves me, though, the twist-off lid is often hard to open. But the product inside is pure gold! I apply it on my lips, my elbows, dry patches on my face, my cuticles, anywhere and everywhere I need moisture. It's great for airplanes!!

Product wise I love it, the formula is great as it moisturized my lips fairly well though it's not AMAZING. Though it makes my lips feel soft, after a while it does wear off and doesn't last quite a while as I would like it to. I do adore about how it can be used for so many purposes as I have used it to moisturize my cuticles. I absolutely adore the packaging. I love how vintage it looks and it's very convenient having it in a tin (so I also don't lose it as easily as I would with other lip balms). The product is a little pricey but it does contain quite a lot. I probably would end up buying this product again but I do have other lip balms I would prefer (aka Burt's Bees).

on 1/1/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was recommended to me by a lot of friends who seemed to love this multipurpose product. I bought it at BBW during one of their deals so it wasn't too bad but it is still pretty pricey at $6.50 CAD for a lipbalm.
Given that it has so much product and so multipurpose I can try to justify the price.
It is a light clear consistency and absorbs pretty quickly on the lips. It works amazing under a lipstick because it doesn't interfere with the colour payoff or application of the lipstick.

It gives the lips a nice smooth texture without being oily or too slippery. It has a nice scent not reminding me of anything rose related but it is light.
It can be used on men/women alike and I like it but it's not a necessity for me. I prefer my Blistex medicated lip balm but it ruins the application of my lipsticks so this is my go-to base/lip primer.

on 12/28/2012 12:24:00 PM

I LOOOOOVE how this smells. It smells like rose and cotton candy to me. It moisturizes really well and makes my lips smooth and shiny. The packaging is cute but not the most convenient.

Popular Lip Treatments