October 24, 2014 | 1556 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This salve did nothing good for my lips, except to temporarily make them super-smooth. A few hours later, the skin on my lips started to peel away. I dunno if that is a good thing. I mean, maybe it was dead skin sloughing off.

Still, i love this lip salve. I am absolutely a fan of the scent. It is rosy, sweet....like rose candy. Also it does not render any colour, which is good as I am not a fan of tinted lip balms and detest lipsticks.
It is quite expensive, though. The small tin does not last long. This salve is thinner in texture than the Smith rosebud salve. It is glorified vaseline, but with a few secret ingredients, that to be honest, I am not sure are good or bad for the lips.
Maybe this is just a placebo, cosmetic product for the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by hobojoegal

I have found myself using this frequently in the winter months. As the weather gets colder my skin seems to get dryer so my skin gets dry and itchy and my lips crack and bleed. I slap some of this on before I go to bed and in the morni g my lips are nice and soft. During the day I periodically reapply this to my lips and I also apply this to any dry itchy spots. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. While it is super cute it can be a tad hard to open. The price doesn't bother me since a little goes a long way. I've repurchased this a few times and I will continue to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I'm addicted to this stuff! I love it so much, it's my HG lip product. It has a lovely rose-y scent, and it's super silky. It moisturizes my lips perfectly, and leaves it with a nice sheen. It doesn't look glossy or give you a vibrant tint as long as you don't put on too much. I have all my friends loving it too! The packaging is super cute as well. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hyacinth289

using my 2nd one, would buy this one again for sure. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you are on ANY sort of acne/retinol medication than u know what its like to have peeling, scaly sandpaper like skin. The type that sheds when u wash your face, burns when u apply sunscreen & get blotchy if u try covering with makeup. Well, that's what mine is like; thanks to topical Vitamin A, Duac gel & Tazorac in just one week. This stuff has been my only relief. NO moisturizer/oil would slightly help. Rose salve immediately relieved my itchy irritated reptile skin and left it soft & human again!

Its not sticky like vaseline or with that strong scent; its just the opposite smells like fresh roses! It has a thin consistency, not gooey. Yes its quite hydrating for the lips too, just dont expect ANY color or tingling sensation/over hydration. It sits on top of your lips like a film of oil so if you have cracked/severely dry lips this might not be sufficient alone; still a great asset & overall miracle worker!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this products for a few years and I really like it although it isn't something I can't live without. I prefer to use this around my nail beds and on my cuticles, and on my elbows when they need it. I found that it worked best in those places as opposed to my lips, which felt more greasy than moisturized. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but other than that I feel like it does a fantastic job on the places I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I got this for 6.50$ at Bath and Body Works mostly because I couldn't resist the cute little tin, even if for me a lip balm with no other properties to nourrish your lips is not really worth that price. I have sooo many lip balm, and I was not dissapointed with this one.
I only gave a 3 for the packaging because I don't like lip balm that you have to pick with your finger because it tranfers germs to the product in no time, but of course, I made the choice to buy it, so I can't complain. Still, I would prefer to have the option to buy this wonderful product in a stick.
I read some reviews where people said they hate the smell, but to me it is heavenly!
When I put it on before bed I know I will wake up in the morning and it will still be on my lips. I like the shine and tint it gives to my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by anna2095

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff.
You can use it anywhere!
Lips, dry patches of skin, nails, etc...
It is SO worth getting!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by louloutbh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It has made a huge difference on the softness on my lips! Everyone is saying they don't like the smell, but I love it! I don't understand how anyone can't? It smells like roses :) the packaging is really cute and I love the colour. The texture and colour are also great! It works as a gloss too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love! I bought this item in the impulse line at BBW or Sephora (forget which one). Tad more pricier than lip balm from the drug store but a couple bucks. Awesome thing about this product is it can be used basically for any dry area. I only use it on my lips. The taste isn't the best, but it also isnt the worst. It does taste like rose, and I only know this because I've had rose tea. Roses definitely deliver better in the scent department rather than in the taste department =p

Also makes for a great lipgloss! Very shiny!