December 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by amieey

I LOOOOOVE how this smells. It smells like rose and cotton candy to me. It moisturizes really well and makes my lips smooth and shiny. The packaging is cute but not the most convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A HG lip balm for me! I have tried countless other brands and this one does the job for me. I actually was using a WAY more expensive balm a few years ago and thought that one was my HG. Until I came across this and haven't looked back since! This of course had to do with pricing, but "to each their own." The best thing about this stuff is that it comes in a nice-sized tin that pretty much lasts me a year, which is good in my book. Although I have had times where there was trouble opening it up, I overlook it because of the price of the whole thing and the fact that you're always going to have problems like that with tins. But this balm keeps my lips moisturized. I haven't had major problems with drying like I used to ever since I started wearing this stuff. You can also use it for other areas on the face and hands that have dry skin problems. Even though I use it as a lip balm solely, I have heard it works wonders for those other problem areas as well. This is a gem!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sephora ran out of the Smith's Rosebud Salve so I headed straight to Bath & Body Works to get this baby. B&BW had a "Buy Two Get Another One Free" promotion and I took advantage.

It applies identical to the Smith's version but has a slightly sweeter smell. It feels nice on my lips too and keeps them lubricated which is exactly what I expect from this. I really like it and am grateful it was there when Sephora let me down. It's Sephora's loss!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is cute, I like the kitschy-vintage packaging. The tin doesn't bother me nor strike me as unsanitary because I don't use it on my lips often.

The smell is alright, I don't mind it although I find it a bit strong. Is it supposed to smell like roses? Because to me it smells a little caramel-y too. Like, a floral caramel...?

Anyway, the consistency is a little thinner than Vaseline's. I don't use this on my lips, but on my cuticles/knuckles/nails/dry spots, and it does the job for a few hours during the day before I have to reapply. It absorbs fairly quickly and leaves a nice sheen.

When I do use it on my lips, it temporarily softens them, but I don't feel the product hydrating them. It just feels like it sits there lightly.

I'd repurchase, though I'm curious how Smith's stacks up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This salve did nothing good for my lips, except to temporarily make them super-smooth. A few hours later, the skin on my lips started to peel away. I dunno if that is a good thing. I mean, maybe it was dead skin sloughing off.

Still, i love this lip salve. I am absolutely a fan of the scent. It is rosy, sweet....like rose candy. Also it does not render any colour, which is good as I am not a fan of tinted lip balms and detest lipsticks.
It is quite expensive, though. The small tin does not last long. This salve is thinner in texture than the Smith rosebud salve. It is glorified vaseline, but with a few secret ingredients, that to be honest, I am not sure are good or bad for the lips.
Maybe this is just a placebo, cosmetic product for the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by hobojoegal

I have found myself using this frequently in the winter months. As the weather gets colder my skin seems to get dryer so my skin gets dry and itchy and my lips crack and bleed. I slap some of this on before I go to bed and in the morni g my lips are nice and soft. During the day I periodically reapply this to my lips and I also apply this to any dry itchy spots. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. While it is super cute it can be a tad hard to open. The price doesn't bother me since a little goes a long way. I've repurchased this a few times and I will continue to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I'm addicted to this stuff! I love it so much, it's my HG lip product. It has a lovely rose-y scent, and it's super silky. It moisturizes my lips perfectly, and leaves it with a nice sheen. It doesn't look glossy or give you a vibrant tint as long as you don't put on too much. I have all my friends loving it too! The packaging is super cute as well. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hyacinth289

using my 2nd one, would buy this one again for sure. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you are on ANY sort of acne/retinol medication than u know what its like to have peeling, scaly sandpaper like skin. The type that sheds when u wash your face, burns when u apply sunscreen & get blotchy if u try covering with makeup. Well, that's what mine is like; thanks to topical Vitamin A, Duac gel & Tazorac in just one week. This stuff has been my only relief. NO moisturizer/oil would slightly help. Rose salve immediately relieved my itchy irritated reptile skin and left it soft & human again!

Its not sticky like vaseline or with that strong scent; its just the opposite smells like fresh roses! It has a thin consistency, not gooey. Yes its quite hydrating for the lips too, just dont expect ANY color or tingling sensation/over hydration. It sits on top of your lips like a film of oil so if you have cracked/severely dry lips this might not be sufficient alone; still a great asset & overall miracle worker!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this products for a few years and I really like it although it isn't something I can't live without. I prefer to use this around my nail beds and on my cuticles, and on my elbows when they need it. I found that it worked best in those places as opposed to my lips, which felt more greasy than moisturized. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but other than that I feel like it does a fantastic job on the places I use it.