August 1, 2014 | 1738 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hyacinth289

using my 2nd one, would buy this one again for sure. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you are on ANY sort of acne/retinol medication than u know what its like to have peeling, scaly sandpaper like skin. The type that sheds when u wash your face, burns when u apply sunscreen & get blotchy if u try covering with makeup. Well, that's what mine is like; thanks to topical Vitamin A, Duac gel & Tazorac in just one week. This stuff has been my only relief. NO moisturizer/oil would slightly help. Rose salve immediately relieved my itchy irritated reptile skin and left it soft & human again!

Its not sticky like vaseline or with that strong scent; its just the opposite smells like fresh roses! It has a thin consistency, not gooey. Yes its quite hydrating for the lips too, just dont expect ANY color or tingling sensation/over hydration. It sits on top of your lips like a film of oil so if you have cracked/severely dry lips this might not be sufficient alone; still a great asset & overall miracle worker!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this products for a few years and I really like it although it isn't something I can't live without. I prefer to use this around my nail beds and on my cuticles, and on my elbows when they need it. I found that it worked best in those places as opposed to my lips, which felt more greasy than moisturized. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but other than that I feel like it does a fantastic job on the places I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I got this for 6.50$ at Bath and Body Works mostly because I couldn't resist the cute little tin, even if for me a lip balm with no other properties to nourrish your lips is not really worth that price. I have sooo many lip balm, and I was not dissapointed with this one.
I only gave a 3 for the packaging because I don't like lip balm that you have to pick with your finger because it tranfers germs to the product in no time, but of course, I made the choice to buy it, so I can't complain. Still, I would prefer to have the option to buy this wonderful product in a stick.
I read some reviews where people said they hate the smell, but to me it is heavenly!
When I put it on before bed I know I will wake up in the morning and it will still be on my lips. I like the shine and tint it gives to my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by anna2095

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff.
You can use it anywhere!
Lips, dry patches of skin, nails, etc...
It is SO worth getting!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by louloutbh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It has made a huge difference on the softness on my lips! Everyone is saying they don't like the smell, but I love it! I don't understand how anyone can't? It smells like roses :) the packaging is really cute and I love the colour. The texture and colour are also great! It works as a gloss too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love! I bought this item in the impulse line at BBW or Sephora (forget which one). Tad more pricier than lip balm from the drug store but a couple bucks. Awesome thing about this product is it can be used basically for any dry area. I only use it on my lips. The taste isn't the best, but it also isnt the worst. It does taste like rose, and I only know this because I've had rose tea. Roses definitely deliver better in the scent department rather than in the taste department =p

Also makes for a great lipgloss! Very shiny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I picked this up at BBW recently, as I thought it might make a good dedicated cuticle treatment. As a massage therapist, it's especially important for me to keep my hands as soft as possible. Since I must keep my nails so short, the skin on the sides my nails become calloused. I hoped that this would soften them up. It didn't. In fact, it left the skin around my nails dried out and in far worse condition. I suspect the fragrance in this product negates the wonderfully moisturizing ingredients. Whatever it is, it makes for one frustrating product. One that's going into the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a really good lip balm and body balm (?) in general. Its moisturizing and does its job. The packaging is really cute & vintage! The price is alright for a lip balm.. its actually cheaper than my origins lip balm, softlips and eos lipbalm. But one thing i didnt like was the smell.. its sorta un pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this on my lips and cuticles at night. It really does keep them moisturized. It's hard to find something that lasts all night. Basically, this is a basic necessity. I've had mine for over a year, and I use it almost every night (I did have a period when I didn't use it but this tub lasts a long time). With all the BBW coupons, you can get this pretty cheaply. A word of caution: I wouldn't use it on my face. If I get this stuff on my face, it breaks me out.