April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love! I bought this item in the impulse line at BBW or Sephora (forget which one). Tad more pricier than lip balm from the drug store but a couple bucks. Awesome thing about this product is it can be used basically for any dry area. I only use it on my lips. The taste isn't the best, but it also isnt the worst. It does taste like rose, and I only know this because I've had rose tea. Roses definitely deliver better in the scent department rather than in the taste department =p

Also makes for a great lipgloss! Very shiny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I picked this up at BBW recently, as I thought it might make a good dedicated cuticle treatment. As a massage therapist, it's especially important for me to keep my hands as soft as possible. Since I must keep my nails so short, the skin on the sides my nails become calloused. I hoped that this would soften them up. It didn't. In fact, it left the skin around my nails dried out and in far worse condition. I suspect the fragrance in this product negates the wonderfully moisturizing ingredients. Whatever it is, it makes for one frustrating product. One that's going into the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a really good lip balm and body balm (?) in general. Its moisturizing and does its job. The packaging is really cute & vintage! The price is alright for a lip balm.. its actually cheaper than my origins lip balm, softlips and eos lipbalm. But one thing i didnt like was the smell.. its sorta un pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this on my lips and cuticles at night. It really does keep them moisturized. It's hard to find something that lasts all night. Basically, this is a basic necessity. I've had mine for over a year, and I use it almost every night (I did have a period when I didn't use it but this tub lasts a long time). With all the BBW coupons, you can get this pretty cheaply. A word of caution: I wouldn't use it on my face. If I get this stuff on my face, it breaks me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by cestvrai

i wanted to love this product so much, i really did i've heard some great things about it.
personally i didn't find it very moisturizing more it just sat on top of my lips and didn't do anything my lips still peeled this just made my lips slick.
then on top of that i found out i am allergic to lanolin oil, which comes from sheep wool and it made my lips break out in little bumps. so not cool.
personally i would never buy this again mainly because i'm allergic to that ingredient and secondly because it doesn't do what it claims. if i wanted something to seal my lips it would be great but this is a no go for me.
happy shopping ladies and gents.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have few lip products I would run out to buy again but this is one of them. I usually apply this every morning and night and my lips are in much better condition than they've been in for ages. When I first bought it I was apprehensive about the smell, but it has really grown on me. The tin is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Novashine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best lip conditioner I've tried!!!!
The best thing about this is the rose smell,it's not overpowering.
Unlike other balms where I dread wearing them this one I can't wait to put it on!
I actuallly adore the tin can because I can get the right amount in one swip where a Chapstick takes a couple of swips. The price is just right for me to ill for sure buy this product again and a again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by vslaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this rose salve! It works soooo much better than regular lip balm! I wear it at night and when I wake up my lips are super smooth! I have this in blueberry, and Absolutley love the packaging! Though, I would really like to see them make this in a tube, since the tin can become a hassle. But other than that it's amazing! It lasts forever and is definitely worth the $5.50!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This is the BEST thing you can put on your lips. Simple as that. I absolutely love this salve. Not only can you use it on your lips, but your face, cuticles, and etc. It has a unique scent to you, but is really good. It keeps your lips amazingly smooth, and helps treat your chapped lips not smother them. This is a MUST if you like soft, smooth, and lips that smell good! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ebanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip balm is fantastic, smells great and stays on, I get extreamly chapped and dry lips and this is such a big help. It is a must for going skiing too. Love the look of the tin as well.