Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

I got this in a perfume sampler from sephora, but I really hated this one! To me it smells soapy and has that "old lady" smell to it. I think it would be ok for older women, but not for someone in their 20s. I wanted to like it, but I was not impressed-sorry!

on 2/15/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

after so many research and many try ons.. i found out that amazing grace comes in two different kind...
spray fragrance and eau de parfume...
EDP has a lot better smell than SF..
i read so many mixed reviews bec they don't know what they are getting.. just like everybody.. i hate the smell at first and was really confused what's the big deal about this perfume..
then... after so many trips to store... i found out that EDP is the one i'm looking for..
when i got to the store, i tried on the EDP not knowing that it was EDP.. i really like it..
i wasn't paying attention so i got spray fragance instead..
when i got home.. eww it smells awful.. just like one of those glade home fragrance..
so i went back and browse some more .. came across EDP.. and this is the one..
so ladies.. get EDP.. it smells 10x better and stays on 10x longer than spray fragrance..
so anyways.. LOVE this perfume.. it's light.. it's sweet and so feminine...
will buy it again..
and ohhh... i bought a small size of pure fragance at sephora (only comes in spray fragance).. and i love the smell, too..
with this one.. i'll diff get it in EDP...
as always.. so fun to be a girl..

on 2/10/2010 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really love the smell of this stuff. It reminds me of the beach even though it's supposed to be a floral. I like it for day and for work, because it is light enough to not be offensive and smell so clean. However, the cologne is hands down the worst lasting perfume I have ever come across, because it is so light. Get the roller ball perfume oil if you like this, it will last until lunch at least instead of just an hour.

on 2/7/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I agree with all of you - this is a GREAT scent . It doesn't really smell like perfume but just like you came out of a shower and are fresh and clean. LOVE it.

I used the perfume roll-on, which is good but of course gets a bit gross after a while since it picks up whatever is on your skin (lotion, natural body stuff, whatever) and deposits it inside. Nonetheless, highly recommended.

on 2/7/2010 11:06:00 PM

Love this sooo much! It is so light and makes you feel very good wearing it. I don't like to wear anything too strong because I sit in close proximity to my coworkers and don't want to offend anyone's noses. I've gotten so many compliments wearing this. I will definitely buy again and again!

on 1/3/2010 5:26:00 PM

I will buy this over and over again. This scent is so light and feminine and is a great everyday scent for me. I have the fragrance, the lotion and the body wash.

on 12/31/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love, love, love it. I want to get a really big bottle of this. I could wear this scent every single day.

on 12/20/2009 8:26:00 AM

This is my "go-to" fragrance when I travel. Just the little bottle that you can buy in line at Sephora is perfect for the TSA. It is great for me in that it has me smelling good and feminine without being heavily perfumed. I can dress it up or down while I travel. My husband also loves the scent, which is a bonus. I plan on getting the shower gel and body lotion in this fragrance for the next big trip we go on, I like it that much.

on 12/16/2009 5:44:00 AM

while i dont care for the Philosophy fragrances i will wear this one if i want to be discreet in my fragrance choice. it has zero lasting power so it needs to be carried in your handbag to refresh. the packaging is cute. i bought all the Grace line scents unsniffed off QVC since they made the fragrances sound so appealing. i gave all of them to my daughter but kept one bottle of this.

on 12/5/2009 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the "Non-Perfume". Perfume for people like me that get headaches, or worse from strong, overwhelming scents. I love, love, love this perfume! I totally understand why some people wouldn't like it, but it's ethereal in it's femininity. It's weightless, soft, flowery and lovely- to sum it up in one word- Graceful. Which leaves it's name with no irony. My biggest complaint- my ONLY complaint, is it's lasting power. I layer with the shower gel (wonderful as well), and the lotion (makes my skin silky smooth) and the perfume and it still seems to fade within a few hours. My next purchase might be to get the roller-ball version and toss it in my purse for daytime touch-ups.

Popular Fragrances