September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Instant Nail Enhancer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

Love this! I don't know if it makes my nails stronger since my nails are already pretty strong, but I love the way it looks on my nails. Unscented, brushes on easily and dries fast. I use the Buffed Sheen for everyday. The Pearl Sheen has the slightest bit of shimmer so it looks shinier and it seems to last longer (a full day) than the Buffed Sheen so I save that for special occasions. A bit pricey at around $8, so I stock up when it's on sale. Definite winner for me.
    EDIT: Actually I like Sally Hansen's Natural Nail Shine much better since it lasts a whole week vs Neutrogena Nail Enhancer which only lasts ~1day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Jessica6566

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I really hate wearing nail polish on my finger nails because even the smallest amount of flaking freaks me out. Instant Nail Enhancer is the perfect remedy. I bought the Buffed Sheen and it makes my nails look finished without any polish. I have not had any trouble with it turning gummy or balling up after washing my hands like some people have noticed. I've been using it every day for the last 3 weeks and I haven't noticed any problems at all. I put it on in the morning and even after I wash my hands many many times during the day the sheen still seems to last pretty well. I've always had pretty strong nails so I don't know if it helps with that, but it definatley gives me the look I want with way less work than putting on and removing nail polish!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about two weeks. It only makes my nails look "enhanced" for about 10 minutes after I apply it, but I do think they are stronger. Application is easy and quick. Haven't had any problems with it coming off/balling up/looking generally grubby. I much prefer this to Sally Hanson Age Correcting stuff which just peeled right off my nails (and took a layer of nail with it, I think). UPDATE (6/2/06): Definitely making my nails stronger. I'm applying it maybe twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am having very good luck with this item so far. I got the pearl sheen -- clear with a miniscule amount of shimmer -- and love the way it looks right after application. Nails do indeed look buffed and shiny. This effect lasts for perhaps half a day. I have not had any problem with the enhancer coming off with water in little balls, etc., as others have mentioned. I am not a nail polish person, and so I enjoy this product. I carry it with me and apply when I want my nails to look "finished". It takes about 20 seconds to apply to both hands and even faster to dry. My nails do seem a bit stronger, which is, of course, a plus. A nice, and fairly ingenious product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely an HG item.

I used to have weak, thin nails that would split and break in layers. Not anymore! This worked like a charm! My nails are longer and stronger! I am so happy!
    I wish they would make this in different colors....

I noticed a lot of reviewers complain that this peels off in water. Its true, it does. But if you're persistent and apply a new coat everyday you will see a difference! Definite Re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by LandofAhz

Great Concept! Stupid execution!!! Your nails will look great for about 10 seconds but then the stuff balls up and looks grimy and dirty. Imagine that, you use the product in the hopes of having nice looking nails and you end up looking dirty. Fantastic.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by abdollmohammadi

I should not have paid the $7.00 that I did for this stuff. After I finish the tube, I will paint my nails with water and hopefully get better results. I got the clear, and thought it was really cool stuff, it made my nails really shiny when it was wet and then it dried and I could not tell I had anything at all on my nails. I am not impressed at all, and will finish it up and not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MC_Pee_Pants

It's good for making your nails look good in a pinch, but not worth the day-to-day hassle of re-application. Not only does it dissolve in water (i.e. when you shower or wash your hands with any sort of thoroughness) but the goo clumps up into little balls of adhesive. I had to use a nail brush if I wanted to make sure all of it was scrubbed off so I could reapply. Didn't use it long enough to find out if my nails were strengthened.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like both the Buff and Pearl Sheen shades and I get the impression after using the product for several months that my nails have indeed become a little stronger and break less often. I too have seen the product peel right off my nails in globs when I took a shower or bath too soon after applying. Since I know this will happen, my solution is to apply it after showering or bathing. From my experience, a couple minutes wait time are sufficient for the coat to dry, it's fast and easy to use. I also like the fact that no aggressive removers are needed. However, I took one lippie off for packaging which I think could be improved. The dispenser with the brush is generally nice, but with all three bottles I have purchsed so far, too frequently either too little or far too much product came out. I will still repurchase because I like the concept and my nails look good with this product. EDIT: The packaging *really* needs some serious overhaul, the last bottle I got was leaking like crazy, making application very difficult.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Mommy22lilones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty useless. It was great to apply - no odor and the packaging was very innovative and handy. But I couldn't get it to stay on long enough to see if it was helping my nails at all. The first time I washed my hands after application, the stuff peeled off. I tried everything I could think of to keep it from happening, but I eventually just threw out the bottle.