E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

on 8/6/2012 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this poweder! I alternate between using this as my base powder (since I don't usually wear foundation) or the top powder to set everything in (concealer, bronzer, blush, etc). This gives such a smooth, flawless look to my skin. It's a must have, and for such an inexpensive price is awesome! I have mine in Honey, and it works perfectly on my tan summer skin, but also in my slightly paler winter skin. This has a lovely matte finish without looking cakey. I thoroughly reccomend this. Be careful not to get too much on. If you do have a spot on your face where a lot of the makeup has gathered, the container actually comes with a small little makeup powder pad. When I press it against the powder, it removes any excess. Perfect! This can also be used to even out uneven bronzing or blush, or when bronzer is too heavy in a certain spot on your face. An amazing product at an amazing price. What more could you ask for? As for all the negative reviews, it's all about application, skin tone, and brush. I usually use my Elf Total Face brush with it. The Elf Total Face Brush picks up product like no other brush! If you don't apply the product lightly and evenly, you'll end up looking spotty. Be careful not to apply TOO lightly or the product will seemingly do nothing! There aren't many colors to choose from, so there could be a chance that these colors are just not fit for your skin tone. If someone with super tan skin is using the palest color, then hello, it's bound to not look good. But above all, USE A BRUSH THAT PICKS UP A LOT OF POWDER! While you're buying the powder, why not purchase the Elf Total Face brush for just one dollar more? Only two dollars for an expert look.

very cheap, deceiving color. very pale.
basically, you get what you pay for.
I just needed cover-up as a one nightie thing, it worked barely. Wouldn't recommend it for long term use.

on 7/2/2012 11:08:00 PM

I have this in Ivory, and use it to set my concealer and foundation. It provides a nice coverage on its own, too! It gives a nice finish to my foundation, mattifying any oiliness I have, which is usually extremely minimal. It works on my dry skin fine, not accentuating an dry spots. The packaging has broken a few times, but for a dollar, I'm not complaining. I will repurchase, since it works well and is very inexpensive.

on 6/29/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this product over and over again, that's how much i adore it. It has coverage. Some days i like to just conceal(cuz i have bad under eye circles) and use this. it works perfect! controls oil really well. The only thing i don't like about this is the packaging, can be a lil bit annoying, but its tolerable. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this product!!! It's only 1$ and it helps mattify my face and keep it matte the entire day! Not only that, but applied with a puff, this stuff has some serious kick butt coverage!! I can apply this lightly to set foundation or concealer and it looks great, but on days when I dont want to bother with concealer or foundation, I reach for this! I have moderate acne and pretty bad dark circles, and this covers them completely when rolled on with a sponge! It doesnt oxidize or look cakey either. It covers amazingly well and still looks natural! This is a drugstore gem in my opinion! :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really like this product! I have the color Honey and it matches me really well.

Pros: Lightweight! Cheap! True to color! Puff is not entirely useless.
Cons: Very Chalky. Not enough product. :(

Like people have said it is very chalky and it does cause you to "waste" product, so here's what I do.

I take a powder brush and move it around in the powder and tap off the excess. STOP! But don't blow away the product that remains!
Then I take the little puff and put it on the powder and it collects all the powder that was tapped off and the little powder "particles."
Then I apply the puff with the powder all around my face. Lastly, I take my powder brush once again, without powder on it, and swirl it around my face!

Warning: I have really oily skin and this product controls it a little but leaves me with a dewy finish. That I had to take a lippie off for because I like a matte finish.

on 6/22/2012 5:42:00 PM

I really like this powder. It's great to set my makeup with. There's just a few cons. Firstly, they don't give you a lot of product at all. I hit pan very quickly. Secondly, it's not really true to color. i got mine in light beige. It's very very very dark. I do use it to add a bit of color to my face and it does a wonderful job. I'll probably repurchase in this color.

on 6/10/2012 8:48:00 PM

I can't say anything bad about this product, but the packaging could be a little better. Besides that, I love the product! It is so easy to apply and it covers up pretty well, usually I just put on my concealer and this, and I am done applying my face makeup! Love it!!!

on 6/6/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Hey, you know, this is actually pretty great! I bough this because I needed something to control my oil. I was a bit weary of this, because I thought "Just a $1? It's probably not gonna be all that great. Just good for setting foundation". But ELF has rarely let me down, so I picked this up in "Light Beige" (MAC= NW20-25). It works absolutely wonderful as a setting powder. Great, flawless, smooth, matte finish. BUT I got curious and decided to use it as a foundation (over tinted moisturizer). I am so impressed! It gives a light-medium coverage, keeps me matte almost all day, and just makes my skin look really nice! I also think it does keep my acne under control.
P.S.
I prefer this to the MAC Studio Fix

on 6/5/2012 10:33:00 PM

I had originally been using Maybelline's Fit Me pressed powder. However, seeing as it is the summer & I live in Texas, I started realizing that their powder was doing nothing to control oil on my face (at all). I had recently watched a Bree Essrig video where she used this powder, & upon remembering this at H-E-B, decided to pick it up. I ended up being the lightest shade, Ivory (this never happens). I tried it the very next day and was amazed! It controlled oil incredibly well and felt so light on my skin. It did not leave a powdery look at all and I was pleasantly surprised with how well this product worked. I'll definitely be purchasing this again