Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 11/4/2013 5:59:00 PM

I'm not a lipstick person but I'll occasionally wear/buy cheap ones for occasions. When I saw the reviews for this product, I went to my nearest sephora and tested it out. When put on lightly, it gave my lips a light, sheer, berry color that livened it up a bit. When I go out, i put on a few more layers, and its a deeper berry. When I feel bold, i'll put on even more and have a beautiful, fancy, dark color that resembles the color in the tube itself. I'm fairly light skinned and I come back to this lipstick everyday because it provides me a good amount of options. The tube itself is beautiful and it doesn't break the bank. Doesn't fade too fast, doesn't set in my creases like some lipsticks, is thin and easy to apply, also very moisturizing.

on 11/4/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

nice lipstick by Clinique. gorgeous berry stained color, lasts beautifully, classic really! not my most favorite lipstick but the best by Clinique!

on 10/29/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love!! Nice subtle fall/winter color not to sheer & not to opaque. Very moisturizing. Slender package which is nice for carrying around in my purse.

on 10/28/2013 11:22:00 PM

Gorgeous color for the fall time. This is a very dark purple color and appears to look even darker than my lips than it does in the tube. Can almost look black if too much is put on or is not blotted after applying. My trick with this lip stick is to dot chap stick on my lips and then gentle adding Black Honey until I achieve my desired color level. I usually like the way this color looks on my lips the first time around i apply it, re-applying it, it doesn't look as nice.

on 10/28/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the better lipsticks. I have at least three at a time, one for home, one for my purse and one for at work. I've found that it looks great on everyone. And everyone likes it, tons of compliments!

on 10/27/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really like this. It is a beautiful berry color that matches darn near every look I have. It's flexible in that you can go as light as you want or layer for a more dramatic effect. I thought the price was reasonable compared to other lip products I've purchased, and for the versatility, I think it's great.
Someone mentioned that the cap falls off, and I've experienced the same thing :-/
I took off one lippie for the lack of longevity, I feel like I have to reapply often, and more if I've been eating.

on 10/24/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oily. Overpriced. Looks very unflattering. I wanted so badly to like this.

on 10/22/2013 8:23:00 PM

More pigmented than I expected, that's for sure, but I've learned to work with that. What I don't like is how quickly it fades unless you layer it on quite thick/dark. I will try a different product before repurchasing this one I think.

on 10/22/2013 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The legendary Black Honey. I first heard about this lipstick in a YouTube review. The reviewer claimed this looks different and yet flattering on everyone. What a claim, right? I rushed out to get this and I've got to say it's one of my staples after 2 years. Yes, it looks dark in the tube. But the formula is sheer, so the color relies on the shade of your actual lips. Because of that, you really can't go wrong. This deepens my lips to a flattering burgundy. It's great if you want to try a darker lip color but don't want to go for the fully matte, opaque dark shades. Beautiful for the colder seasons.

The formula is sheer and I'm able to build the color up slightly. Feels like a lip balm. Easy to reapply without a mirror.

My only gripe is with the packaging. The thin metal tube is nice and sleek, but it's absolute crap at staying closed in my bag. I've found this open in my bag a number of times, which is unsanitary and forces me to waste some product in order to make sure it's clean.

Tip: Clinique includes this as a GWP quite often and you can purchase this quite cheaply on eBay. The packaging is plastic, but it is much more secure. I would much rather go this route next time I run out.

on 10/7/2013 4:47:00 PM

This is a gorgeous colour. It looks very dark in tube but actually comes out a nice deep Berry on my lips. I love this for a glam night out. I have the gloss too but not as keen on that

Popular Lipsticks