Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 12/27/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This 5 lippie review is probably more based on the formulation of Clinique's Barely There lipsticks than on the color, Black Honey, itself. Clinique originally offered many different colors of Barely There, along w/ Black Honey. Currently, Black Honey is the only color offered. Every so often, they re-release new colors of Barely There & I scoop up as many light, peachy pinks as I can because I know they will discontinue new colors and go back to only selling Black Honey again. All in all, I LOVE the formulation of this lipstick!!! I am not a big lipstick fan. I will wear it but never enjoy the obvious feeling of thick, or even worse, dry, cream on my lips. For daily use, I prefer lip liner used all over lips and a moisturizing lip balm and/or a sheer lipstick on top. As far as an undetectable-feeling lipstick that is sheer & light with no fragrance, Clinique's Barley There lipsticks really fit the bill. As for the color, Black Honey, it is such a sheer purplish-pink that I can see how it could work w/ most skin tones. I feel that am too light skinned (NC 25-pale, light skin leaning twd a warm neutral) to pull it off w/ minimal make-up. If I want a more dramatic look and am pairing it w/ darker eye-liner and more dramatic blush, it looks gorgeous. I prefer warmer corals & peachy-pinks for my every day make up so I don't reach for Black Honey often but when I do use it, I love it. I have to say, though, that I would not purchase the color Black Honey in any other lipstick formulation. For me, it's the perfect sheerness that Barely There lipstick offers that makes this color so universal and it's the only reason why I occasionally wear it.

on 12/18/2013 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

hated it! Does nothing for me. Makes my lips feel like I have some kind of cheapie chap balm. The color payoff is blotchy. I keep getting this in gift bags from Clinique. Ugh!

on 12/18/2013 9:31:00 PM

I love the color of this sheer lip stick especially during summer when I want color but not a heavy application. The consistency is smooth and the color on me is an amber/plum I have NW25 skin and my lips are fairly pigmented and will change colors of lipsticks to other than what they are said to be. This is a sheer and not opaque coverage similar to the lipstick Queen butterfly colors.

The one thing I hate about the Almost lipsticks and this has been a problem on everyone I've ever had. I like an edge on my lippys so I work them so they keep the angle as long as possible. This product eventually twists around so it's at the wrong angle to the tube and while doesn't make the product unusable is just plain old annoying to me.

Glad they kept this color along with a couple of others. Will definitely be part of my collection!

on 12/9/2013 7:10:00 PM

Love this colour for Winter on me it shows up a plummy berry. I'm very fair NW20-N1,36 Mufe Face & Body to give you an idea and this shade really is universally flattering. I also think it is very moisturizing and has not dried my lips out at all. It's such a good berry colour that looks great with Sin, or Blushing Bride and some mascara and my makeup is done. I love how you can layer the intensity of the shade as well. The packaging is nice and thin and the price is reasonable and the formula is good. I would repurchase this. Recommended!

on 12/4/2013 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

It definitely looks different on everyone, so if the color is your concern, you should stop reading these reviews and go check it out in a store.
I love it, I love the sleek packaging, I love the color, the formula, everything. Contrary to many people here, I wouldn't say it is drying or that it wears off quickly. It is rather moisturizing. And it's not the most long lasting lipstick out there, but it's fine. It is greasy though, think of it in the consistency between a lipbalm and lipstick.

on 11/8/2013 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Last time I'm having a very dry skin, even my lips were also dry (it seldom happen to me).Then I used eos to moisturized my lips, I reapply a couple times a day but seems my lips not getting better. Suddenly I remembered that I have black honey which was almost run out, OMG, my dry-lips problem solved! I'm amazed by how moisturized that lipstick. Definitely will repurchase!!

on 11/4/2013 9:34:00 PM

This color definitely suits all skin types. I love how smooth it is! Don't let the dark color scare you, it's sheer and on me, it turns to a nice berry color. Love it! Glad it's been around forever.

on 11/4/2013 5:59:00 PM

I'm not a lipstick person but I'll occasionally wear/buy cheap ones for occasions. When I saw the reviews for this product, I went to my nearest sephora and tested it out. When put on lightly, it gave my lips a light, sheer, berry color that livened it up a bit. When I go out, i put on a few more layers, and its a deeper berry. When I feel bold, i'll put on even more and have a beautiful, fancy, dark color that resembles the color in the tube itself. I'm fairly light skinned and I come back to this lipstick everyday because it provides me a good amount of options. The tube itself is beautiful and it doesn't break the bank. Doesn't fade too fast, doesn't set in my creases like some lipsticks, is thin and easy to apply, also very moisturizing.

on 11/4/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

nice lipstick by Clinique. gorgeous berry stained color, lasts beautifully, classic really! not my most favorite lipstick but the best by Clinique!

on 10/29/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love!! Nice subtle fall/winter color not to sheer & not to opaque. Very moisturizing. Slender package which is nice for carrying around in my purse.

Popular Lipsticks