NARS Niagara

4.4

on 10/18/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, the perfect pinky-peach color to compliment my fair-yellow undertoned skin! This color makes me look fresh and glowing no matter what the season is. The formula is pretty moisturizing, although I have very dry lips. LOVING THIS!

on 7/28/2008 1:43:00 AM

I tried, really I did. The reviews sounded soooo good, and I've been braver with lipsticks this year--wearing my Strawberry Blonde and rockin' my coral glosses and shimmery lip sheers. Niagara sounded perfect for my summer rotation.

But alas, it's not perfect for my NC 25-30, hazel eyes/brown hair summer look. Niagara is just too matte, too opaque, too bright-bordering-on-garish coral/pink to work for me. It looks fake, almost like I'm a kid who's played in Mommy's lippies and slashed a bright color on without any finesse or skill, coloring "outside the lines" and making a mess of my lips. I can force it to work with a heavy dose of a quieting gloss on top, but I hate to have to work that hard, esp in summer.

I'm giving it three lippies b/c it's a great quality lipstick and it's not Niagara's fault that it isn't good on everyone. But I would caution to try before buying, b/c it's definitely not universally flattering.

on 6/20/2008 12:37:00 PM

Like everyone says, this really is a great pink-coral color, but does need to be applied sparingly for best effect. I bought a couple of other lipsticks at the same time as this and was trying them on with my sister and when I put this one on, she said how much it brightened my face.
EDIT: saw myself in a few photos wearing this, and went home and threw it in the trash. WAAAYY too garish and old lady looking.

on 6/20/2008 4:25:00 AM

I love this lipstick! It is so fabulous. I never wear lipstick because I don't like to look too "made up" usually, but this lipstick is perfect on me! I'm very fair with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, and this is a perfect pink-coral lipstick that goes great with my warm coloring. I love it sooo much. My boyfriend actually complimented me on it today and he never notices my makeup.

This is a fabulous lipstick for a less dramatic/daytime look. Not to mention the great wearability and texture of it. It goes on like a dream and stays forever.

I was lurking on the makeup boards when I saw someone post that this was an amazing Coral lippie. I was looking to use up a gift card at Sephora so I went ahead and purchased it. In my past experiences with NARS lippies I've been left less than pleased. Niagara has shed new light on NARS lippies. This one didn't stink and is not drying. It is the perfect shade for me and I am so glad I saw the post on it. Must have been fate :)

MAC NC/NW20 for reference.

on 3/26/2008 2:53:00 AM

Niagara is a very beautiful, bright reddish coral opaque, matte lipstick, that really brings my pale, PPP skin to life. I am a little lighter than MAC NC15, and this shade just screams SPRING to me. I don't like how dry the lipstick is, in fact, I pretty much hate NARS' semi-matte formula. But, since the color is so nice, I put up with it, and just apply Aquaphor on top.

on 3/19/2008 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yes, $25 is a lot to shell out on a lipstick. And by the time I run out of this, I can't say I will for sure re-purchase, but I am loving it at the moment. It is a gorgeous spring/summer color that adds a hint of warmth and sun to my face. I am olive toned, dark hair, green eyes for reference. I need a liner for this lipstick and a light gloss over it, but it really is a pretty pinky coral color that I get many compliments on when I wear.

This is the most expensive lipstick I've ever bought (I usually stick to MAC), but I am falling more in love with it by the minute. If this is really what MAC Strawberry Blonde is like, no wonder people adored that lipstick. I have very warm, fair colouring and this is a gorgeous feminine rosy warm pink on me.

Skin: Other, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Awful smell and taste, sorry, I can't stand it. Tried to change mine at the Berlin "Kadewe" cause I thought it was old and had to realize that the Nars l/s there all smell like this. Do they send their old stuff for the german market?The Sa told me it's normal cause the lack of any preservative... Highly overprized too. Package was nice but became nasty soon. Colour was ok but a little bland. Texture is very nice, much better than MAC, but this tastes like floor wax , buh! I'll go back to my great french l/s like YSL and Guerlain.

on 12/19/2007 8:56:00 PM

If you judge me according to my name, you obviously know I love Nars. This stunning lipstick is my summer HG coral. It seems to be a perfect blend of pink coral & orange coral, to make a lipstick that is coral perfection. Of course it lasts for hours, it is NARS !! I never get fading, bleeding or feathering, just lots of compliments ;p I've never had a problem with nars lippies being dry, the formula is perfect. Of course I will buy again, it's my fave.

Popular Lipsticks