April 16, 2014 | 1466 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:53:00 AM More reviews by greydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Niagara is a very beautiful, bright reddish coral opaque, matte lipstick, that really brings my pale, PPP skin to life. I am a little lighter than MAC NC15, and this shade just screams SPRING to me. I don't like how dry the lipstick is, in fact, I pretty much hate NARS' semi-matte formula. But, since the color is so nice, I put up with it, and just apply Aquaphor on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, $25 is a lot to shell out on a lipstick. And by the time I run out of this, I can't say I will for sure re-purchase, but I am loving it at the moment. It is a gorgeous spring/summer color that adds a hint of warmth and sun to my face. I am olive toned, dark hair, green eyes for reference. I need a liner for this lipstick and a light gloss over it, but it really is a pretty pinky coral color that I get many compliments on when I wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most expensive lipstick I've ever bought (I usually stick to MAC), but I am falling more in love with it by the minute. If this is really what MAC Strawberry Blonde is like, no wonder people adored that lipstick. I have very warm, fair colouring and this is a gorgeous feminine rosy warm pink on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by LaDamesansmerci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awful smell and taste, sorry, I can't stand it. Tried to change mine at the Berlin "Kadewe" cause I thought it was old and had to realize that the Nars l/s there all smell like this. Do they send their old stuff for the german market?The Sa told me it's normal cause the lack of any preservative... Highly overprized too. Package was nice but became nasty soon. Colour was ok but a little bland. Texture is very nice, much better than MAC, but this tastes like floor wax , buh! I'll go back to my great french l/s like YSL and Guerlain.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 8:56:00 PM More reviews by NARSATTACKS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you judge me according to my name, you obviously know I love Nars. This stunning lipstick is my summer HG coral. It seems to be a perfect blend of pink coral & orange coral, to make a lipstick that is coral perfection. Of course it lasts for hours, it is NARS !! I never get fading, bleeding or feathering, just lots of compliments ;p I've never had a problem with nars lippies being dry, the formula is perfect. Of course I will buy again, it's my fave.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mosesmom

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful lipstick - had to visit three stores once I spotted this as it was sold out everywhere. Niagara is a lovely, matte coral pink - no shimmer. It is also not milky but is instead somewhat sheer on me - I like it best blotted as it makes my lips look soft and pillowy. My one concern is that it is drying, a problem for me with NARS lipsticks.
NARS makeup is a new indulgence for me, and should prove to be a pleasurable (but expensive) one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by melocoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite lipsticks. It is a peachy coral pink type colour that manages to still look natural even though it has a touch of brightness. I have heaps of lipsticks, but very often I find myself reaching for this one.
If it helps. I have light nuetral tones and black hair. I often wear cool toned shades and while this is warm it is not too warm, and looks great teamed with some peachy blush.
The formula is satin like, not matt and not too sheer. I think this shade would suit just about everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by amarise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was prowling the aisles of my local Sephora when this gorgeous corally-pink caught my eye. Now, normally, I'm a level-headed, lipgloss-loving girl, but I fell for Niagara and I fell hard. I would've flipped at the price tag but by the time I reached the cash register my mind was enveloped in a blissful stupor.

This lipstick is every inch as fantastic as I had imagined. For (pale brunette) me, itís definitely HG status. I love the smooth texture and matte finish, which is something I canít say about most lipsticks. The versatility of the color is great, too- I can lightly blot it on for a MLBB look, or build it up for a bolder lip. It's such a flirty and fun coral pink that makes me think of springtime. Usually, I wear Niagara with just a little lip balm and liner underneath, or sometimes with the teeniest bit of gloss in the middle of my bottom lip.

A word of warning: apply Niagara with a heavy hand and you will suffer the consequences. As I believe someone said before, very "Palm Springs retiree." continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by geg203

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Niagara is a very pretty coral pink that works on my golden complexion. It is bright, but not intimidatingly so. My only complaint is how drying this formula is. I always have to apply this over a lot of lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a sweet coral pink lipstick that flatters my light olive complexion and seems to bring out warmth in my face and when paired with a peachy pink blush the result is very nice!! I like the fact that it hasn't got any shimmer in it as lord knows I have enough shimmery/frosty lipsticks already. My ONLY gripe is I find I need to use a light hand with this as if applied too heavily it can look a little too bright and garish. I like to blot this on my lips and then tap a tiny amount of clear gloss or balm over the top.