Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.2

on 8/18/2009 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love shimmer so I don't think that this blush is too shimmery as a blush. It is a beautiful blush for me for both day and night. I also have the Platinum Pink and Pink Shimmer bricks. My Pink shimmer brick broke into pieces when I dropped it on my counter. These products are super fragile!

on 4/28/2009 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Received in swap, and this shimmerbrick is way too pink to use as a highlighter - it's definately a blush. The color is a bright rosey pink. To me it's too shimmery to use as a blush and also too bright (NW15-20).

Who would this work on? Those with darker skintones possibly could use this as a rosey-hued highlighter. I think, still, too shimmery to use as a blush alone.

on 3/13/2009 8:03:00 PM

I got this as a present, and it's rather too pink and shimmery for me to use as a highlighter. I tried it once and made me look like I was flushed and even a bit drunk. So I only use this product when I go out at night when I want that shimmery look, but during the day I only use the top white part seperately as a highlighter and the bottom two pink as blush to get pink pale cheeks. In short, not really sure if this product is worth as a highlighter.

on 3/8/2009 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this for several years now and love it. It is too shimmery to use all over for me, so I just use it as my blush. I do not think it is too pricey because it lasts forever.

on 2/28/2009 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my first shimmerbrick, after reading rave reviews on MUA and in magazines, and it's nice but the earth isn't moving for me..... I was initially attracted to the Apricot shimmerbrick, but the saleslady disuaded me from buying it, saying it's for more golden/olive skinned ladies and not for my fair skin. Rose is lovely and gives a great glow; however, even with a very light hand, it comes up too "shimmery" for me for a daytime look, very obvious and not as natural as i'd hoped. I wouldn't use the individual shades as eyeshadow as I don't wear pinks (I've tried). It does work for an evening look, with a lovely rosie hue and the shimmer is more appropriate, and helps liven up my dull winter skin, but I won't be re-purchasing as very expensive for what it is. Looking forward to trying other Bobbi Brown products however!

on 2/3/2009 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful, beautiful highlighting powder that, with a light hand, also adds a rosy kiss of color! I love this over my rosy or pink blush, and sometimes on days when I don't want much color, just a bit of this will brighten my complexion up.

The only cons to this product are the chunky packaging (though the mirror size is huge and that is awesome) and the ridiculous price. I probably won't ever use this up so I will not be repurchasing.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love my Bronze Shimmer brick, but this one is not as flattering to my golden complexion as I would have liked. The Pink Shimmer Brick was too light, and this one is a bit too pink, but I'll be using it up to the last corner since it cost a small fortune. I have trouble opening the compact all the way sometimes, also, but it seems to be a quirk of this particular compact, not all of them.

on 12/20/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This beautiful blush has lasted me for years - literally! I had a makeover at a Bobbi Brown concession while in the US which followed with purchasing many products, this being the only one I still use every day - and it's lasted me ages! A light dusting across the apples of the cheeks gives them a uniquely gorgeous glow without overdoing the shimmer (it's very subtle indeed), or the lightest colour can be picked out separately and used as a highlighter - it's up to you how you prefer to use them, but this product works best as a sweet rosy blush on my typically British pale complexion. It doesn't last all day on my oily/combination skin but can be topped up if needed. Any makeup artist at a Bobbi Brown counter will be happy to match you up with the shade which suits you best.
This product retails for around 32 which I'd normally consider way too expensive to spend on one makeup item, though considering the amount I use it and how long it lasts it'd be a shame not to!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love BB shimmerbricks! I own, sandstone, pink quartz, apricot, bronze and rose shimmebricks.I always add one as a setting powder and finishing touch to my blush which is usually a MAC blush from my palette. Rose is great to wear over pinky colored blushes to give it a little shimmer. I usually wear it over my MAC BPB in secret. I use my flirt skunk brush and swirl a bit and tap off the excess lightly buff it into my cheeks and dab on my nose, forehead and chin. Instant perfection to my makeup routine!

on 12/9/2008 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love the light shimmer but i find it hard to catch much pigments and realize that i tend to over-do the shimmer in order to get some colours. I suppose that is due to my yellowish undertone though.

The lighter shades worked well as an eyeshadow and i suppose if a nude highlighter's what you're looking for, this is good. It stayed on for quite a few hours and gives a very gentle glow when used lightly.