MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

This is definitely a my lips but better rosy nude on my pale skin, but my only complaint is that it's very drying. It does have the usual vanilla scent to it, but it's not overpowering.

This is my most used lipstick. I'm NW25 and it's the perfect "my lips but better" colour! The vanilla flavour is great.

I do find that this lipstick can wear off easily and when worn on its own, it can get a little flaky when reapplied often. I find that layering lip balm underneath helps with this so I'll still give it 5 stars because I like the colour and I don't mind layering products.

I like to start with a layer of Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia. Then I apply a light layer of Brave. I love the look and I will repurchase when I run out.

I was looking for haute altitude but it was sold out. The MUA picked brave for me as a dupe. Its my first satin lipstick and I find it a bit drying but I do love the colour.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This color is mlbb and it brightens up my face. Very wearable, a brighter more pink version of Cosmo. Yes, I will be repurchasing when I use up my tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The perfect “my lips but better” color.
Very wearable and pigmented, but can be drying on the lips.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i am so dissapointed how i didnt listen to one of my friends who rec me this. such neutral but sweet colour for my nc30 skin tone.
it is literally the colour of my lips but enhanced hahaha.
i asked the sa for pinkish nude and gave me this, all i can say is no regrets :D

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The pigment of this lipstick is absoloutely perfect for my olive toned skin. A friend commented on how it's practically the same colour of my lips (which is good for me since I use this shade as an everyday lipstick).
Can be worn everyday as I mentioned, or paired with a smokey eye look on a night out. Also looks good with a layer of lipgloss on top.
Only issue with this is...
-the texture: not really a fan of the satin range since I find them to be drying on my lips. I also find this lipstick makes the lines in my lips obvious if they're dry so I have to put a layer of lip balm on first.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reference: NC25 Asian, rosy lips naturally.

This is my go-to "my lips but better" shade. It looks like a muted pinky-brown color in indoor lighting (veeeeery close to my natural lip color) and more of a brighter, creamy pink in bright sunlight. I tend to think it looks like a muted down version of Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon in outdoor lighting. This is a great lipstick to own for those of us who like looking polished without looking like we're wearing much makeup because it's subtle but still soooo pretty on the lips. I think this is very close to MAC Cosmo, except Cosmo is a little deeper and has slightly richer pink-red tones, whereas Brave has a little more brown in it.

Unfortunately, yes, it is drying and tends to emphasize creases in my lips. I ALWAYS wear balm underneath and I highly suggest everyone do the same. I am taking off a lippie because nothing can be done to fix how much this lipstick emphasizes creases. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to every day lipstick. I wouldn't quite characterize it as my HG, and it works nicely for day time, neutral makeup.

Pros
Good pigment
Nice finish - on me, it doesn't have the typical 'satin' MAC finish
Color is good on my neutral, borderline yellow, pale skin - neutral mauve w a touch of brownish pink- not for someone who wants her lips to be a facial focal point

Cons
Layering it can get messy
Staying power (on me) is just fair
It has a strange sweet scent - DH doesn't mind it when he kisses me, and it is strong enough to note
Transfers onto everything!

Because the color is good on me, I will continue to buy - in terms of the product's overall quality, I would say it is fair-good.

I'm not sure if it's because of my skin tone (very yellow) or because my natural lip tone is very neutral, but this is not themid-toned, rosy MLBB I was hoping for. It looks very brown/dark mauve on me, so I don't care for it as I don't really like the Kylie Jenner lip look on myself (although it's very flattering on others). I also normally prefer a semi-sheer formula and this is very opaque.

Recommended for Medium Skin