July 28, 2014 | 2003 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm undecided about this - I like the colour, very classic and neutral, MLBB, wear everyday, etc and it is pigmented enough for I don't like the satin formula. It makes my lips look dry and emphasizes the lines. Looks better with gloss over. I have other, similar shades with nicer formulas (Estee Lauder Dune Rose, Anna Sui Rouge G in 302, Guerlain Gardenia) so I don't reach for this an awful lot. Don't get me wrong, it's nice enough, but it isn't super wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by bestjessicaever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm fair skinned and blonde, this does not flatter me. I get regular teeth bleaching treatments and somehow magically this made, not only the rest of me, but my teeth look dingy. It is an unfortunate color.

I lost it somewhere and I don't miss it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleLee

I completely disagree with the review before mine that Brave doesn't flatter fair-skinned blondes. I LOVE this color--probably my favorite!~ It is great pink with a slight nude undertone. I like the matte color. I either use Mac Dervish liner or YSL #6 underneath. Wonderful! The only complaint I have is the texture isn't creamy like the Spice Mac liner I once used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Not for fair skinned and blondes! Has a bluish or purplish undertone, which makes my face look washed out, and lips smaller. A bit drying too. Far not the best neutral/beige lipstick to compliment a light eyed, light haired person.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own two of these because I love it that much. I'm Fair skinned, NW20 with dark hair (for reference) This is my lips but "better color" for me. I have freckles on my lips and this covers it up very nicely. This color is a great everyday, don't know what else to wear shade. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by littleangeline

The satin finish is perfect for me. It doesnt come as nude as it looks like in the tube, and it adds more brownish-pink on my lips. it's perfect for a subtle daily look without the dullness. It's so moist that you needn't use lipbalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm in a love hate relationship with this lipstick. At first I didn't really like the color on my NC35 skin. But then I got really tan this summer and it looked great. Paired with the right lip liner and gloss this lipstick is a stunner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by arer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

just bought it and i am in love, the best nude for me without looking to washed out:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe no women of color (african american) women have reviewed this! I was looking for a nude (my fav) lip color. It is alot like Spirit, which I also love, but it has more pink to it. I wear this with a clear and brown lip liner.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Rassberry88

I am not a huge fan of bright or dark colors, so when I went to MAC I explained this to them and they had me try a couple colors and I absolutely loved this one!!!! It is perfect for work and out of work!!!