April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Matte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used almost every foundation imaginable, no kidding. From drugstore to department store and nothing has compared to Estee Lauder's Double Matte Foundation. Unfortunately I think they might be phasing out this wonderful product. I have extremely oily skin in the T-zone area and I live in an extremely humid climate. But one thing I can count on is Estee's Double Matte is still on my face at the end of the day!!!!!! I have large pores also and this product seems to help them appear less obvious. I would HIGHLY recommend this HG foundation to everyone with very oily and sensitive skin!!! I have both of these traits (which is not a common combination). You'll love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by cinderella09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful foundation, and I've tried many. I would have given it 5 lippies but the shade I have I need to be careful with, because too much and it looks to dark. I have a tricky skin tone. However, the coverage is excellent, it lasts all day, doesn't feel stiff or mask like, and controls the perpetual oil slicks I get on my face. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by nowurcooking

A little goes a long ways. Covers beautifully and is great for oily/acne prone skin. Lasts all day. I love this stuff. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by dawndusk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation.....I have overactive oil glands and I get shiny in a few hours with everything else.....this product is awesome, it is the most expensive product I buy, working on a make up budget, but well worth the money if you have oily skin. The key is to apply quickly and blend well...a little of this goes a long way..can look cakey and streaky if you don't blend this well, because it is almost semi-permanent on your face until you wash it off.
I buy 3 bottles at a time with fears that this will be discontiued..I can't live without it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2006 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzel12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation, however I don;t prefer the packaging, I wish in came in a pump. Another con is the color selection. I have blond hair but I'm far from very pale and I was surprised how dark the colors went on. First I tried cool dusk which was way too dark, then cool fresco which is still a little too dark but i need a foundation in a 'cool' shade and the was only 1 lighter cool ivory and that was way too light, so there is no happy medium for me and generally I don't have a problem with color selctions. But besides that the coverage is good. The 2 best things about this product are it doesn't cause breakouts (its labled non-acnegenic and oil and fragrance free) and it gives a realistic matte finish definitely not a dry chalky finish like some other foundations. If you can find your color and have a problem w/ oilness I would definetly try this. Its not my holy grail(still looking) but defintely a great foundation to use daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by robin01shop

I just have to say that this makeup is the best imo. I used to use this years ago and then you couldn't find it anywhere because it was discontinued ... and now they brought it back again & I have "re"-discovered it and I couldn't be more thrilled!!! After years of experimenting with every known foundation under the SUN, I have finally found my HG (again). No more searching for anything better! I have found it! They did change the names of colors so the I had some difficulty picking the right shade but their customer service was really helpful online selecting the right shade for me. The color I'm using is Cool Pebble (5) and even though it looks incredibily too dark in the bottle, goes on surprisingly well. If you have super oily, acne prone skin like me, please do yourself a favor and try this makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sammers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful makeup for oily skin - especially for those who live in a humid climate. It has great coverage and doesn't have a "fake" look.
I have tried Clinique, Lancome, Revlon, Prescriptives, Bare Escentuals and Loreal. I use this in Warm Tawney and it matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kayteeg23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful foundation! I have Oily, Acne Prone skin and this foundation works wonderfully for me. I started using it when I was pregnant b/c I had a very bad case of hormonal acne. I like the fact that it is non-acnegenic/non-comdedogenic, it is a medium/full coverage makeup, and it controls excess oils in the T-zone. It can be a little challenging to apply, but make sure your face is well moisturized and use a foundation brush or sponge. Great product and stays matte almost all day... like I said I have oily skin and I only have to blot 1-2 times throughout the day. Would recommend those with oily/acne prone skin to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 10:14:00 PM More reviews by plantefreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOWI! This is the best foundation that has ever touched my face, i love it because it is yellow toned. I wear warm sand, i am running out and cannot seem to find this color, i dont know if they discontinued it or just renamed it. I hope they havent discontinued my color!!! Ill simply die. Maybe this might be way too yellow toned for some gals, but for me who is cute, mellow, and most importantly yellow... this does the trick. Holy Grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by BeautyGirl01

I have been on the ultimate search for the perfect foundation for my oily/dry/slightly sensitive.. basically true combonation skin. The problem for me wasn't finding a foundation with enough coverage, or natural feel it was having to re-apply my powder every hour!! SOO annoying, then I found this Double Matte by Lauder. At first I was skeptical bc I have literally tried 30+ differnt brands/foundations/tinted moisturizers etc. though I fell into the Nordstrom sales trap and bought it. I put it on at 9AM and it lasted WITHOUT A POWDER TOUCH UP until at 6PM!!! I was completly impressed, the color was just enough, not to heavy, SPF 15, looked natural and like I had pore-less skin. I won't ever try another foundation agian...this is seriously the best. For the girl/woman who can't stop re-applying powder or who feels their makeup sliding off mintutes after getting their morning latte. I promise..this works! Double Matte=Beautiful, longlasting makeup!