Dior Addict Lipstick

on 8/26/2011 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up in #750 Rock N Roll...pretty pink. Texture is nice. I like that its glossy and yet stays put. I was surprised by how well this stayed on. Too bad it dried the heck outta my lips. It feels moisturizing as you apply it, but by the end of day 1 my lips were all peel-y. Not good. :( So will not repurchase and as pretty as it is...its going back.

on 8/13/2011 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have #911 "Perfecto".

Packaging: quite sturdy, altough a bit bulky. Its color remind me a lot of nacre (mother of pearl).

Lipstick: The color looks burgundy in the tube, but being a bit sheer, swatched is more of a deep raspberry with medium opacity. The colour goes on smoothly without patchiness, and has a slightly glossy finish (like MAC lustres).
Very faint, almost undetectable sweet scent, no taste.
I find it moisturizing (but I usually don't have dry lips), and it lasts on me around 5 hours (I didn't use a lipliner and I didn't eat)

Price: I paid 25 euros, which is not bad for a high end lipstick (MAC lipsticks in my country cost 26 euros). In US they should cost around 28 dollars.

EDIT: I noticed that some reviews focused on the old version (blue packaging). Mine is about the 2011 collection (white packaging), so if there are any discrepancies, here's the reason.

on 8/10/2011 12:02:00 PM

This is the lipstick I have been looking for for ages! An everyday nude (I bought 333 - nude) that does not make me look dead. I am very pale NC15 and nudes do not get on very well with me. This is the exception: the colour is a flesh pinky/beige that brights up my face. Very moisturising. Much better than Chanel that, compared to this, is rubbish! No scent and no taste. It goes with natural day look and with evenung smokey eyes. Not too sparkly or gloopy. Perfect. Highly recommended = this is a review of the new version with the silver packaging

on 8/4/2011 9:00:00 PM

I love the packaging. It's like jewelry to me. What's great about Dior Addict lipsticks is that even though the product is super shimmery in the stick when you wear it on your lips it is truly pigmented but the shimmer is actually quite subtle. Mind you, I don't really use a heavy hand with any lipstick. I purchased 612 Spotlight and it is a pretty spot on match to my lip color and it basically just enhances my pout. I don't usually stray too far from natural when it comes to lips but I am looking forward to trying more mauvey/earthy colors from this line because this lipstick has impressed me so much.

on 1/7/2011 10:32:00 AM

Really high quality lipstick, just glides on and it's staying power is pretty good. I bought this lipstick in 377 rose tempo, it's a really lovely subtle pinkish rose colour. I've had it for about 4 years and it's still just as nice as the day i bought it.

on 10/9/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a review for the Dior Addict with the blue cover. The shade I bought is Opulent Mauve #783, a mauve/berry shade that went on dryish. The slip and finish of the l/s was terrible and the color significantly faded after a hour. I did not mind that strong French perfumed lipstick scent that it had. Definitely not worth the current price of $26. Dior made much better lipsticks that was creamy, richly pigmented and not drying 10 yrs ago.

on 4/25/2010 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have this in #953 (Pop Red). It looks deep shaded in the tube, but goes on as light as a tinted lip gloss. There is no colour impact and no staying power whatsoever. Very disappointing.

on 4/22/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Dior Addict formula is very comfortable, even wearing, and imparts a nice amount of shine without looking too glossy or plasticy. Of course, being a sucker for packaging, the pearlescent tube is quite pretty as well.
This is a great quality lipstick, but there are also other great quality lipsticks that aren't quite this expensive. At close to $30 (U.S.) , it's a lot more expensive than I felt comfortable paying, but thought it was worth a try. Ultimately, I wouldn't repurchase, but can see why people like it and why those with less restrictive budgets would be loyal to Dior Addict lipsticks.

on 11/25/2009 12:15:00 AM

I have these in 3 shades, I think they're too red and pink for me... The SA promised that they would be on the nude side, but they weren't. I think Chanel is a better alternative...

on 10/24/2009 9:45:00 AM

I have this lipstick in Gallant Bronze. It is a warm bronzey-pink with very fine microshimmer. It is marvelously shiny and glossy, like all Dior Addict lipsticks are. I find that it is not particularly pigmented and photographs a rather garish bronze/red with flash which is not that flattering.

The formula on these lipsticks is ok. I find them to be much more drying than the Addict High Shines, where I feel the edges of my lips starting to flake slightly even though the lipstick has not dried down all the way, but they don't actually cause my lips to flake all the way off. I do always wear balm underneath with this one. Wear time is average, at about 3-4 hours (no drinking/eating). This one doesn't wear down as much to a stain for me, but I think it might be because the color is lighter.

I did kind of want to buy another lipstick in this formula, but I find Dior's color range to be rather limited to sheer and light shades, so I never did. I probably would not repurchase this lipstick because I don't find the color or the formula to be THAT amazing to justify the high price tag.

The packaging is beautiful though.

Recommended for Medium Skin