July 30, 2014 | 1631 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Dior Addict with the blue cover. The shade I bought is Opulent Mauve #783, a mauve/berry shade that went on dryish. The slip and finish of the l/s was terrible and the color significantly faded after a hour. I did not mind that strong French perfumed lipstick scent that it had. Definitely not worth the current price of $26. Dior made much better lipsticks that was creamy, richly pigmented and not drying 10 yrs ago.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ozebaia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in #953 (Pop Red). It looks deep shaded in the tube, but goes on as light as a tinted lip gloss. There is no colour impact and no staying power whatsoever. Very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by racheliz13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Dior Addict formula is very comfortable, even wearing, and imparts a nice amount of shine without looking too glossy or plasticy. Of course, being a sucker for packaging, the pearlescent tube is quite pretty as well.
This is a great quality lipstick, but there are also other great quality lipsticks that aren't quite this expensive. At close to $30 (U.S.) , it's a lot more expensive than I felt comfortable paying, but thought it was worth a try. Ultimately, I wouldn't repurchase, but can see why people like it and why those with less restrictive budgets would be loyal to Dior Addict lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have these in 3 shades, I think they're too red and pink for me... The SA promised that they would be on the nude side, but they weren't. I think Chanel is a better alternative...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I have this lipstick in Gallant Bronze. It is a warm bronzey-pink with very fine microshimmer. It is marvelously shiny and glossy, like all Dior Addict lipsticks are. I find that it is not particularly pigmented and photographs a rather garish bronze/red with flash which is not that flattering.

The formula on these lipsticks is ok. I find them to be much more drying than the Addict High Shines, where I feel the edges of my lips starting to flake slightly even though the lipstick has not dried down all the way, but they don't actually cause my lips to flake all the way off. I do always wear balm underneath with this one. Wear time is average, at about 3-4 hours (no drinking/eating). This one doesn't wear down as much to a stain for me, but I think it might be because the color is lighter.

I did kind of want to buy another lipstick in this formula, but I find Dior's color range to be rather limited to sheer and light shades, so I never did. I probably would not repurchase this lipstick because I don't find the color or the formula to be THAT amazing to justify the high price tag.

The packaging is beautiful though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ElizaJJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ooh this is love! I have the lipstick in shade Rose Fame (Infamous pink outside Europe). It is a beautiful, sophisticated rosey plummy pink with ever so subtle sheen. It looks like my lips but better now that I have a slight tan but I think it would suit many skin tones. It has a hint of mauve in there too. Anyway, it is a bit darker than my lips without makeup and makes them look 'bitten'. It is very glamorous shade that you could wear to work/daily but add a couple of layers and you have more impact for the evening. The consistency is incomparable - an amazing light feeling that keeps a true colour when on the lip - I've seen it described as a gel cream - well whatever it is it keeps lips moist and feels great. It lasts about the same length of time as most of my other lipsticks so it is not a long-lasting formula but it is sooo worth it! LOVE!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by jaimengaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got this in light pink.. and i do not like it.. it doesnt look good on me..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by theblackrabbitofinle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought the Dior Addict Lipstick in virtual orange #217. The color is a very light orange, almost skin tone color. It's an interesting color, however, the only problem is that this lipstick is TOO sheer. It's too creamy and goes on in such a thin layer that it's hard to see the color. Also, you can't layer it otherwise it looks greasy and uneven and it looks like it would come off very easily. I also spent 4 times more for this than what I would spend on a Revlon lipstick, but with the Revlon at least I can build the color up. All in all, wouldn't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I'm a chapstick / lipgloss girl. This is good for a more polished look for me. I have one of the sheer shades, and it's shiny without the goopiness / stickiness of a lipgloss.

I have it in 'Casual Beige' #222, which is a sheer pinkish neutral.

I find that it wears off quickly and dries out my lips. So, I only wear on days that I'm willing to reapply often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lilnodyxp

i bought this in nude silhouette
at first the color didnt look so nice on my hand but when i applied OMG! its great! i was looking for a nude lipstick and i have finally found one that works for my skin. its very smooth on my lips and it just come in the most prettiest case ITS SOOSEXY!! ( i no i sound like an idiot right now but the case itself is just orgasmic) and the nude color is just FAB_U_LOUS