November 24, 2014 | 2060 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sagex89

I was pretty excited when i found out my mom had bought this soap..but it really wasnt for me. Im guessing its more for the oily skin, because i have fairly dry skin. I loved the clean feelings after i used this, but even when i did use it, no moisturizer would get rid of that tight irritating feeling. My skin always felt dry too..oh well i guess ill have to try sommething else :0(

OH and it burned the crap out of my eyes, i couldnt see for like 10 min. i was afraid to open them lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

As with most bar soaps, this feels like it leaves a waxy residue behind on my skin. Love the fresh scent and lather, but I hate how my skin feels after using it. It does get my skin very clean (no residue or mu left on my toner pad after washing with this), but can't handle the after coating. It also makes my mostly oily skin feel dry and uncomfortably tight after use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

This soap smells wonderful. It's a very natural, fresh smell. My skin doesn't feel stripped, tight, or dried-out at all. It actually feels like maybe it leaves a slight film, but I think that's just because it doesn't strip all the oils out of my skin. I follow with the Garden Tomato toner (which also smells fabulous) and my skin feels amazing! It feels very clean and balanced - no greasiness, but no tightness either. Fantastic! Edit: I've started getting tons of tiny bumps under my skin! It appears that this skincare line just doesn't get my pores clean enough. I never had this problem with Clinique's system, so I guess it's time to go back.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good product. Not the best for my skin, but I do think it works very well and is a good, natural way to keep skin oil free and fresh. not my HG cleanser, but very good and very reasonably priced! i;d say definitely give it a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by qwerty0920

I love this soap! It makes my skin feel wonderful anf smells great. I am hooked.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by convexexile

This cleanser does the job, removing makeup and leaving my face feeling quite clean, if a little tight. I had tried it in conjunction with the toner, trying to find a simple regimen that would help my acne-prone skin.
Well, this smelled wonderful, and was a pleasure to use, but did absolutely nothing to improve my skin. I might buy this product again, there was certainly nothing wrong with it. If all I was concerned with was smell, this would be an HG, but I'm really looking for a cleanser that will help with breakouts. It really smells like a garden of ripe tomatoes on the vine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

i like to tomato facial soap, it works well with my combination skin, it cost 3.95$ for a sample size in canada, after i finish this little sample, if my face like it down the road, i will buy the large size one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 3:14:00 AM More reviews by pulaonyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright... so I thought Garden Tomato soap... UGH! But I was very pleasantly surprised. It cleaned my oily face really well, no breakouts and I love the smell. Some people said it left a film on their face. I didn't have that problem at all. It did a fantastic job of cleaning and clearing my acne prone skin. For a small soap, and using it every day it lasted a long time. I loved it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by bganders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

did not work. my skin did not feel clean after using it, and it left a greasy film on my skin. will never buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by happybam

I was excited to try this soap- but I was sorely disappointed. My skin is generally oily/combo. with a few small breakouts. I usually only get these on my face, but since using this soap on my back in the shower for a couple weeks I now have 3-4 pimples on my back and the skin is generally uneven. I wish it had worked, but unfortunately this is not the best product for oily/combo. or even, I assume, truly acne-prone skin. The packaging is good and the fragrance, though a bit strong, is also nice- but this cannot disguise a bad product!