August 28, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

Are you saying i can finally smoothly apply my foundation again?? No caking or patchiness? With this stuff, YES!!!!! Dont know why I ever stopped using it. I used to have a little tin can from Poland. But its an amazing longwear moisturizer, doesnt break me out at all, smells heavenly. The soft creme is great too for something more lightweight. LOVE THIS, HOLY GRAIL!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally picked up the German version of this baby at my local Polish store (Polka) and oh it's so much better than the Mexican version/one they sell in Canadian stores. It's so much thicker and absorbs way better. This stuff hydrates just as well as Eucerin and Cetaphil creams... Also better than La Mer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by myloveisfreeing

I am in love with this creme. The winter makes my skin horribly dry and flaky. I read about it online and when i happened across the german version at our local butcher (haha) I snapped it up. I can put it on and night and yes my skin looks crazy greasy but when I wake up my skin is soft and lovely. I'm sure in the summer it will be to heavy but right now it is my winter HG salvation. (Plus my dad had a good laugh when i sent him into the butcher for face cream after moving out of town)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for my feet. It leaves them feeling soft and my skin absorbs it quickly. I've noticed there are two different variations in the formulas. I've heard it depends on where the cream is made, but really, either one is fine.
I personally can't use this for my face. I'm currently on Roaccutane and my skin isn't even dry enough for this. It's too rich and leaves facial skin extremely shiny with a sticky residue which is there for hours. My grandma, however, swears by this for her face. She's been using it her entire life and is almost 90 but looks like she's in her 60s.

I love the fact that you can get the cream in a tin container - I love anything in a tin container.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this at all. The fragrance in it was REALLY strong and irritating and the lotion was more greasy than it was moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

This is a nice lotion for dry to very dry skin. The problem with this classic lotion is that "mineral oil" is only the second ingredient. The only ingredient more abundant is water. So, this stuff is no good for anyone with oily skin, especially in the face. If your skin isn't very dry, Nivea makes a GREAT alternative: The Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream for face, body, and hands (I use it on my face every day and on my hands throughout the day).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only recently bought this after stumbling over various internet musings comparing this to Creme de la Mer. I have no desire to actually try or buy CdlM but I am always on the lookout for really good moisturizers after I decided I could no longer justify $100+NZD for Shiseido Intensive Nourishing and Recovery cream (which is lovely and very effective, just hideously expensive)... So a quick walk down to my local supermarket, grabbed a 100mL blue plastic pot off the shelf (and got a couple of the Nivea Lip Butters as well, because they were on special ;-) and for about $10NZD, I toddled off home to try it.
That was two weeks ago.
I've been using the Nivea (German version, FWIW) every second or third night because initially I was concerned it would be too heavy or could cause potential breakouts.
The cream is very thick and quite stiff and it is quite heavily fragranced with something vaguely powdery floral-ish.
Still, it has worked really well so far.
I use a decent sized dab (enough to cover one index finger tip down to the first joint) and then I rub and warm the cream between my palms before applying to my face. I found it works best to ensure your skin is completely dry after cleansing - like pat dry with a towel and then brush your teeth and floss or do whatever you want to to do for 5 or so minutes until your skin is no longer even slightly damp.
I rub any excess into my hands :-)
In the morning I wake up with fresh, well plumped, smooth and velvety skin. No dry patches to speak of and I am susceptible to these, especially around my chin and nose. Doesn't cause any redness, irritation or breakouts (pimples, boo!) and the biggest difference I have noticed is that my skin seems more "elastic-y"... (I don't know else to describe it!), so that's a really positive thing during my rapid descent into crinkled hagdom ;-D
Cheap, effective, will last for eons, easy to find... ticks all the boxes for me!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by 10012039

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used sparingly, it is a very hydrating everyday moisturizer for very dry skin. It really softened the dry areas on my chin and forehead. It has a nice texture and a very soft powdery smell. I bought the smallest tin and will soon upgrade to the biggest size! Compared with my Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream, this one wins hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by britbritmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nivea Creme worked very, very well for me! It added much moisture into my skin. However, it can look oily. Also, with continued use, it started breaking me out which was shocking because when I first started using it, my skin had never looked better!

All-in-all I would say it's a great night creme. I don't think I would wear it during the day, though. Like I said, it tends to look oily and I just don't think it's something for the day.

The packaging is okay. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by AnnaPetrelli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I used this as a kid, but stopped when I got acne cause I figured it probably wasn't doing me any good. I went back to it a year ago for reasons I can't remember and I am so glad I did! This stuff is seriously the only thing that doesn't break me out! And I am really, really sensitive to all sorts of moisturizers. I can even slather on a thick layer and that doesn't break me out. In combination with bp this has cleared my acne. I still have hyperpigmentation though and I figured I'd use another moisturizer during the day to help with that (plus nivea can give u that shiny look) and although the ingredientslist was excellent, I have since broken out. I am going back to my trusted nivea and never trying another thing!

Oh and my dad uses it and he could easily pass as 40 though he's 50. So I guess there's some kind of anti-aging goodness in it too.