Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - Powder Pink

4.4

on 5/19/2008 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a blush- and it is my favourite cream blush ... I have never tried this on my lips, and probably will not.

It is has a good consistency and is easy to apply. It is not oily and does not make my skin breakout. This product lasts for a long time.

The color is really beautiful and looks really flawless and natural on my skin. I almost got blushed rose instead but I already have alot of browny/pink blushes.

I have got alot of compliments about this blush ... and I would highly recommend it.

The only downside of it, is that it is quite expensive.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin so this blush works well for me. I also have a difficult olive complexion that is very hard to get a good natural looking blush for. This one suits me very well, and blends easily. I do not have to tug. A little goes a long way, however, so be careful not to look like a clown!

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

I love this. i use it mainly for lip color although as a blush its great too i just find it difficult to smudge in properly. would definitely buy this again!

on 4/22/2008 12:21:00 PM

I wasn't all that wild about the Pot Rouges when they were first launched, but since then the texture and finish has really grown on me and I've ended up adding a few to my collection. Powder Pink is my latest aquisition and possibly the most flattering of the 5 I've tried. This is a medium warm pink. It looks brownish in the pot but blossoms into a lovely rose w/ a hint of coral on my fair skin. I wear BB foundation in Warm Ivory for color reference. I stipple it on and blend out using my SK synthetic flat-topped blush brush and this applies just the right amount of this very pigmented and emollient cream. The finish is phenomenal--naturally dewy and lasts all day. You cannot get this healthy dewy look from ANY powder blush--no shimmer, just GLOW. I am completely enchanted by how I look wearing this--not something a product can make me say very often, lol. These Pot Rouges have never made me break out. Although pricey, I use so very little each time--I barely even touch the surface of the pot so they will last practically forever if they don't dry out first. I purchased my first one over a year ago and it's still moist and creamy--no signs of drying out yet, so overall excellent value. I will buy this shade, and other Pot Rouges again.

on 4/3/2008 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this blush! looks so natural when applied. it's a bit warm though but perfect for my tan after hitting the beach. i'm out to try pink raspberry next!

on 3/4/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this product. I am not sure why some reviewers thought it had a very hard texture. I only have to lightly tap my finger on the top of the product to get plenty of color. It blends extremely easily unless I use a powder foundation. If the product was really hard in texture, I would seriously return it to the BB counter as it may be defective. I now have Pot Rouge in 2 colors and will definitely repurchase.

on 3/4/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

In my opinion this is a fab blusher. Being in my 40's, I was advised it is more flattering not to use powder blushers and this is a lovely creamy one. The colour is quite sheer if you apply it lightly and 'Powder Pink' gives a very natural blushed look. I find it quite easy to blend and don't feel it drags the skin, although I know others MUA'ers have disagreed. I had previously tried 'Summer Tan' in a sample pot and loved the consistency - colour also good by the way - but found the small pot hard to get the blush out of once you have got just a little way down. The full size pot is much easier to work with. Added advantage of Pot Rouge is that it can also be applied as a lip colour - to me this gives you something in between a lip gloss and a lipstick; not as glossy as a lip gloss but sheerer than a lipstick. I tend to prefer a more natural lighter lip colour than this but find a small amount with a lighter colour lipstick over the top gives me a good look. Not cheap but you get a fair amount in the pot and this will last me ages. Going to try Pale Pink next!

on 2/2/2008 5:35:00 PM

LOVE this blush, love the pot rouges in general, but this color is my favorite. Perfect everyday color for my fair skin, on my cheeks I just tap it into the cheekbone. After about five minutes, the color settles in nicely and looks nice and natural. Well, the "I'm wearing makeup natural look". On my lips, I put some vaseline on first, blot that with a tissue, and then dab the pot rouge on, and it just finishes everything off nicely. This is something I'll always reach for. Cream blushes are great on me as most powder blushes, except for the super pigmented, turn rusty on me.

on 1/20/2008 5:17:00 PM

I was looking for a new cream blush after my beloved Tarte had run out (which is more of a gel, mind you). I stopped by the Bobbi Brown counter and asked for assistance. The women there are extremely helpful and nice, and pointed me to the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - Powder Pink. I tried it out the next day. I found that this was a very hard consistency inside of the pot, and unfortunately it was the same when applied on the face. It dragged my skin and stripped it of the foundation that was under it. It also looked uneven because of the consistency. I feel it was too much for my pale skin (very fair, hazel eyes, dark brown hair) and made me look made-up. It's beautiful as a lip color, but a little drying. I find these products do not do both as they claim they do. I will be going back to my Tarte Cheek Stain.

I am normally a cream blusher user and this product only convinces me further that cream blushers are more natural looking.

This blusher is very pigmented and a small dab into the pot is sufficient for both cheeks. I think this blusher will last a long time!

The only thing about this blusher that made me drop a lippie was the texture which is quite hard. Maybe this is due to the cold weather and the fact that it is very pigmented, but I need to blend the product very thoroughly on my cheeks to ensure the colour looks very natural. So this will not be something you can put on in a hurry and dash out of the door.

Packaging wise, this is the normal BB packaging which I like and is easy to use.

Although this is stated as a rouge for both lips and cheeks, I have not tried this on my lips as I imagine it will not be very moisturising.

Popular Blush Products