August 23, 2014 | 1331 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Belle De Jour

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by islandgyrl927

Upon finding out that this was Kim Kardashian's HG nude lip color, I went ahead to Sephora and purchased it. However, I'm not happy with it, and for the steep price tag, I plan on returning it very soon. My lips are highly pigmented, and this goes on a little too sheer for me. I prefer MAC Freckletone over this because of the thicker texture and slightly more pigmentation. I could imagine this working for some people, but I recommend those with highly pigmented lips like me to stay away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

NARS Belle de Jour is one of the better nude lipsticks in my stash. It's similar in coloring to MAC Myth and Siss.. except it applies slightly more sheer, which makes it easier to wear. It's a soft beige/nude with no shimmer .. but it imparts some nice shine and it serves as the perfect nude lip look to pair with smokey eyes, Great on my MMM skintone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another HG for me! I tried on my Belle De Jour tonight and immediately fell in love. My other HG lipstick is MAC's Freckletone, and this is similar in color, although slightly pinker, whereas Freckletone has more peach notes in it. This lipstick is also incredibly moisturizing and glides on to my lips. I absolutely love the trendy little case too!

EDIT: I'm taking down the rating two lippies. After wearing this for a couple of days, I've decided I'm kind of "eh" about it. The staying power is not good enough. Freckletone's still my ultimate HG. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Rehaam

This IS my HG nude. It isn't dead looking on my lips. It doesn't make my lips look dry. It doesn't dry out my lips. It looks really nice and flesh toned on my NC30 skin. It has a bit of a yellowy peachy tone to it, which I like because I am a yellowy peachy toned girl, heh. The texture leaves a little to be desired since it can feel grainy and without a lipgloss this just looks extremely uninteresting but I don't think a nude can look good without a bit of shine. Otherwise you just look like you have no lips.

A good, and cheaper, dupe for this is MAC's Freckletone, which has a nicer texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by stomishi

This is a great base for a nude lip!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by AshleyBB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I had been debating wether to get this or Honolulu Honey. I went to sephora and tried both on, I was shocked at how dark Honolulu Honey was. So I purchased Belle De Jour, I am very pale right now (skipped my face tanner) so it looks a bit dark and isn't giving me the bright look I wanted. I will update once I get my color back ;)

UPDATE:

This is a must have! I don't know how the heck I lived with out it before.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by papas1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i think this lipstick is horrible. its dry, orange, and smells. haha maybe its just me but i think its one of the ugliest lip sticks ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Iori

I bought it because I kept seeing it in magazines as a really nice nude lipstick, but on me it showed up orange.
I've got very pigmented lips, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I probably won't repurchase because of the color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure about this one...yet, but I think I may lean towards returning it. It's a great nude going on, but it's very similar to MAC's Lustre fourmlas on me in that it dries out and fades way too quickly. I'm not happy when my MAC lippies do that, and for this price, I'm even unhappier. For the short time that it looks great, I don't think the high price is going to warrant me keeping it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Marisela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color just didn't work too well for me as a MLBB, which is what I was looking for. It looks too plain and a little too much like my overall skin tone (I'm MAC NC25.) I got suckered into buying it because of the movie reference, which is why I'll probably buy Cabiria. I think Honolulu Honey will give me a little more life so I'm trying that next.