MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 8/5/2012 7:26:00 PM

There are several ways to wear this lipstick.

- Straight up. Only for the pale girls though. I have very pale skin with neutral, slightly yellow undertones (117 in MUFE HD, NARS Gobi) and very pigmented lips, so finding a good nude is often a nightmare. I was after a '60s matte nude that wouldn't wash me out. Nothing was pigmented enough, or had too many orange/gray/yellow undertones. This has peachy undertones. It is very light though, on anyone darker than me it would give what I like to call jizz-lip when worn straight up. I apply it by making sure my lips are very well moisturized, then applying it straight from the tube to the center of my bottom lip. Then I use my finger to spread it around. It gives the light, but not washed out, nude I was looking for. It covers my pigmented lips. My favorite way to wear it is with NARS Sex Appeal blush & lots of mascara on both my top and bottom lashes, it gives an updated 60's look.

- Mixed with another color. Everyone can use it this way. Put on a bit of Myth, then add another color for a darker nude. This can be used to create any kind of nude color you want, very versatile. I have used this to make more of a pinky nude for days when I don't want it to look so mod.

- For those of us with pigmented lips, it's a good way to utilize a gloss that doesn't otherwise show up. Or if the undertones in your lips make a color that you really love in the tube look weird, this will cancel out your lip undertones.

It is drying. Make sure your lips are very smooth and moisturized when you use this and you should be fine. Also, if you have my coloring and want a shiny nude too, go for NARS Chelsea Girls.

on 7/30/2012 9:01:00 PM

I bought this lipstick because I wanted a nude that was my exact skin color (not sure why though)...and that's what I got with this. But I realized that when I swipe it across my lips, it actually made me look kind of tired and washed out. So instead of swiping it, I tried dabbing it, and I think it looks pretty good that way. I think as long as I don't build it up too much, this lipstick can work for me. I don't think I'm going to repurchase this though, cause I find that the REALLY nude lip isn't a look I go for a whole lot. I think I'm going to try "Hue" next time I'm on the hunt for a nude lipstick, it may be a bit more flattering than Myth. :)

on 7/26/2012 11:25:00 PM

I was on the hunt for a Nude Lipstick that wasn't too pale or corpse looking and not too pinky...I Finally came across this wonderful shade..It goes good with my fair skin and doesn't wash me out. Note: I only wear when I do a cat eye or smokey eye...Love Love Love this Nude <3

on 7/2/2012 11:32:00 PM

I went through a period a while back where I loved the look of Nude lipsticks. They weren't as popular back then, so Myth was the only one I could find. I LOVED it. The color was exactly what I was looking for. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's super drying. My lips are sensitive already, so that was a real downer for me. Now I use it over lip balm and I use it to cancel out my natural lip color to have the full effect of other lipsticks.. or I use it if I go nuts with eye makeup.

Overall, I would definitely recommend it but be aware of how drying it can be.

on 7/1/2012 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have not bought this lipstick because it looks horrible on me. From reviews and posts of other fair skinned ladies, this is strictly for warm toned skin. I put it on and it cancels me out - makes me look dead!!! Same with Blankety... YUCK!!!! NC15/NW20 for reference.

on 6/14/2012 3:21:00 PM

this is my fave nude l/s. it goes perfect with my nc20 skintone. my only complaint is the drying factor. cant really be used daily because itll dry ur lips out terriblyy. even with l/g. n the thing i hate about using l/g with it is it usually doesnt last as long. honestly though i have yet to find a nude l/s that isnt drying.

on 6/12/2012 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE THIS!!! When I first tried this on at the MAC counter I was appalled it looked awful but after reading reviews I decided to give it a go and I a SO glad I did. This is a lipstick you will probably not pull off alone. I dab this on my lips not swipe across like a regular lipstick. I wear it with a light pink lip liner and a light pink gloss. It smells so wonderful like all MAC l/s. I especially love to wear it at night with a black dramatic smokey eye look. I will definitely be purchasing this again

on 6/5/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this lipstick on my search for the perfect nude. It looked horrible. Just didnt go well with my complexion. NC30 for reference. I ordered it online so wasnt too sure about the color. But when I got it, it seemed more like a concealer than lipstick.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The color didn't do anything for me. I'm naturally really pale and bought this on a whim at my mac store. The color looked so bad on me and really washed me out.

First off, I don't even own this anymore. Gave it to my sister to see if she could work with it. This is the most drying lipstick I have ever tried. It is soo cakey and nasty. I thought it would be a light pink/nude but no. This is.. skin colored. It literally washes away your lips so you look lipless!!! If I wore this in public id probably be laughed at. I brought this back into mac to see if they could give me tips and the lady didn't even know what to do!!! I now stay away from this type of mac lipstick. I believe it was a satin? I won't even try another color from this type.
Fail, mac, fail.