August 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Translucent Light' #2. It actually provides a good amount of coverage, I dont even need a concealer around my nose w/ this. The finish is a soft matte. The powder is very natural looking...I'll update how it lasts later

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by saiyuri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for touch ups trough out the day and setting my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by iluvzevon

I wear MAC studio fix pressed powder, and i use this as my touch up for the rest of the day. It blends perfectly with my skin. I'm very fair and so I bought "1 translucent fair." The only thing that I dislike about it is the fact that you can't get very heavy coverage, so it's best applied over a liquid foundation or another powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually pretty impressed by this. I ran out of my HE foundation and needed something quick to hold me over. I think this is going to end up being a nice summer powder as I don't need too much coverage and most liquid makeup melts off of me in the desert heat. I'm oily, and this keeps the oilies at bay. My only gripes are the packaging and that the powder is not finely milled. However, when applied with a fluffy powder brush instead of the pad, it gives a nice finish. The 2 Light color is a perfect match for my neutral fair skin. Careful, ladies, these colors run light! It does not make be break out or look oily, so I will keep it as a staple in my bag. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

For a drugstore powder, this is pretty damn pricey. Regularily it can run you up to $12 - 14 depending on drugstore locations. I have never disliked a CG powder till now. This is just terrible. I got Translucent Light which I thought would be a nice match to my pale skin. I may as well have put baby powder on my face. Then there's the consistency. Thick as hell. I looked like I had on clown makeup and it didn't blend for crap and held onto pockets of areas that were oilier. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by JMarieA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for months and have gone through a half dozen Trublend compacts in "Translucent Light." I use this power primarily to touch up on throughout the day wear. It works well at controling any oilys on my nose as well. Grant it, I am dry to very dry, but for my skin type this powder does the trick.

After applying my foundation I use my powder brush and apply a light layer of Trublend to finish it off as it aids in helping my foundation stay intact throughout the entire day. My co-worker has often commented on how well my makeup wears. I will continue use of this product for as long as it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Used as a powder foundation, alone on bare skin, this power is fabulous. It gives light coverage that controls the oil slick on my face for many hours. If used as a blotting powder or a touch-up powder over another foundation, the results are a cakey smeared mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Normally, I cannot stand most Cover Girl powders and foundations, they are either cakey, pink/orangey, smell funny or make you break out. Not this!!

Honestly, I'm suprised i love it so much.

Sometimes, I moisturize, use concealer where needed and then use this powder as my foundation. I have to say, it gives pretty good coverage for a powder:)

Other times, I use a big fluffy brush and use it to set my foundation. It really seems to make pores much smaller.

Silky yet matte coverage.
Really seems to blend in better than other powders, color wise.
Pretty cheap, around $.6.50
More shades selections that the average pressed DS pressed powders.

My only complaint is that the mirror is a bit smaller but it's not that big of a deal becuase I keep a seperate 3x mag. mirror in my purse. I used to love the rimmel stay matter powder (still use it) but i'm really loving this because of the coverage it gives if you don't want to use foundation!:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as a BOGOF sale, and got the whipped foundation as well. The packaging is pretty cute, but the mirror is pointless. If you're unsure of what shade to get, get the darker of two. I bought this in transluctant light and it was still a tad light on my fair skin. The powder offers no coverage alone, but it's ok to set foundation with. It doesn't feel heavy and controls shine for quite a while. I wouldn't say it's any better than any other Cover Girl compact powder, just less pink/orange.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by gabbster123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember using this last year when I had cystic acne. I only bought this just to set my liquid foundation. But then I realize with had some coverage. so i used it to cover up blemishes and making my pores look deminished....Now the cons it smells weird. when you get hit the pan the powder breaks and ets all over the place. It can cake up and make foundation look nasty. It made my skin an oily mess!

PROS:
Great coverage for acne
Makes pores appear smaller

CONS:
Smells horrid
Powder breaks and gets messy
oil rig skin

would I buy again no. There's so much better quality powders even if they cost more...