September 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tossed all other powders, blotters, etc. in favor of this. In fact, my mom and I both use this powder! lol... I really only have fantastic things to say about it. The finish is soft and it really seems to blur the little imperfections like stated on the EL website. On my combo skin, the oil control factor is also very very good. I used to use MAC's blot powder, and while I felt like it trumped the majority of other powders, it didn't measure up to AeroMatte, and it certainly looked a lot more chalky and unnatural compared to this! Besides the wonderful performance of the powder itself, it's also encased in an elegant square compact with gold accents. It shuts with a magnet and not the traditional click closures. LOVE the packaging! Colors are good and hasn't oxidized on me. As far as I'm concerned, it's got everything I can ever ask for in a powder, natural looking, oil-controlling, and light-diffusing. I really have fun using this everyday and I'd most definitely buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by catstyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good pressed powder that goes on smoothly and lightly. It mattifies right away but does not last as long as I'd like it to. I found a good match for my skin color and I will probably continue to use it until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 6:13:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've this in Light Medium Warm which suits my Asian, slightly tan complexion well. I've had this for months but used every now and then - whenever I can recall it's presence. So, this does not get much attention from me until this week. I've been wanting some glow to come back to my face but my skin has been dehydrated lately, slightly oily on the T-zone but tight on cheeks and forehead. Also, my skin colour was rather dull. Since I can't use Chanel Mat Purete (this aggravated my dehydration), I pulled this out and wondered how on earth I've been on the hunt for some powder to give me some glow whilst this was sitting in my make-up case all along! This does not give me a powdery look at all (most powders do until they settle in or oxidise), keeps my face matt and lasts... the best part - whenever I peeped into a mirror, my face looks so soft and fresh! Sorry it took me so long to appreciate this and to write this review... love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by happyhdjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first bought this, the lady at the store tried to persuade me to get a darker shade. It was horrible and orange, just like many people have mentioned here. I went back and exchanged it for the lighter shade I wanted all along, and it fits perfectly. In the summer it's a little light but since it's transparent it doesn't matter. At least it's natural, and it's very natural on top of my concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 8:23:00 AM More reviews by ipeque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great powder, never gets cakey, lasts all day and creats a great base... i'm using 1C Light and also 1W Transparent and they are both great matches to my pale NC15-20 skin... definately me HG pressed powder...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

It goes on natural, no cakeyness!
    Gives you the airbrushed skin affect.
    THE best pressed powder.

*EDIT* Loved this powder, but it didn't wear very long on me. I had to reapply every 2 hours, which is too often in my opinion. I still adore the light-weight finish and how finely milled it is, but I have found that the Chanel powder compact to be more long-wearing (approx. 4 hours before I reapply) and is comparable in quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 8:00:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is very OK, I think. It can almost be an alternative for loose powder because it is not too dry or chalky. I don't use those kind of powders (compact) very often, though. I wear this compact in my purse for eventual touchups... It is better than most of compact powders that I have tried. However, I would appreciate better color choice here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 5:05:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a ok press powder. It is not dry and not chalky. The powder is fine and smooth, the package is nice and the price is relatively inexpensive. However, it smells weired and the color (transparent) turns orange easily. I am very disappointed. I expect it is a lot better. But still, it is a not bad press powder, just don't want to purchases again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

THE best quality pressed powder I've used. I've used MAC blot powder, Clinique stay matte, and CG powder before. This is by far the best quality! It's VERY finely milled. So it looks natural and non-cakey on the skin. I have oily skin. I don't know how well it controls the oil since I blot with botting papers. The packaging is very sleek and classy. It snaps shut with a magnet -- very unique to pressed powder compacts!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by benderama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought one 1W transparent, which is a little dark and pink for my nc25 skin. And it turned orange after a while. Very sheer, covers nothing, but still turns color! And my face got oil again after only 1 hour! Also to expensive, not worth it...