April 20, 2014 | 1598 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Will not buy this again. My 3rd bottle, hard as a rock! It's ridiculous. Of course I screw the top on tight.

It wears beautifully, no smudge, gorgeous, lasts for days (haha) and then before you know it....rock hard. After so long one would assume they would have worked the formula out! I am investing in the Clinique one..someone recommended it here. Got good reviews. Or maybe even Revlon Colour Stay.

Actually Colour stay will be my next purchase....the brush applicator does irritate my water line a bit. Pencils are quicker. If Revlon smudges then will have to rethink....Maxfactor ? Clinique? We shall see. But BB bye bye

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a good product but same as all other gel liners, easy to dry out. the product itself seems can last forever, but by the time it dries out you only get use half of the product. Even I tried so many ways to solve the drying problem, the product is just not the same any more. I'm just annoyed and no longer interested in spending a lot of time dealingwith this drying issue. I've gone back to liquid liner pen which is so much easier to use, won't smudge and last for quite a long time. The one I'm switching to is Stila stay all day water proof liner. The BB gel liner is expansive, but I suppose you do pay for the extra for a 'paraben free' formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i saw this stuff at my local dept store, but decided not to either buy or even try it. then i started to see this product reviews anywhere including my friends keep talking about how good this product is. then i decided to buy it. i REALLY love this thing. i use it daily. ive compared to some other brands in my area, this one's definitely the best. i love the texture, it glides on smootly, and doesnt look overdone. it doesnt dry off easily like other brands, for example make up forever aqua gel liner. however this product is quite pricey and it doesnt come with the brush. we have to purchase the brush and ofc spend more cash. as i see it, this is the best gel eyeliner ive ever purchased (or tried). love it. definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, is very pigmented stays perfect all day, but it's a little bit difficult to apply and after a while dries and the consistency it's different, I hear that you can save the product heating it in the microwave for 20 seconds, doing that the product is perfect again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Advantages:
-great staying power.
-thick consistency
-can be built up to dramatic or just slightly

Disadvantages
-brush is not very precise=end up drawing thick lines
-seems very hard and dry

would still buy for the staying power, maybe i just need to find a sharply angled brush to replace the one that comes with it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is very good quality liner but its not waterproof so if you get teary eyed its gone and its smudged. i still like the essence gel liner for around 5-6$ better, its more intense black and its waterproof, once its on its on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Sugacube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes this is one of the best eyeliners! It is also true that this is expensive, but it's well worth it if your little jar doesn't dry out because it will last you forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This has to be worlds easiest gel liner. Glides like a dream and I can make a beautiful thin line to lower lashlines with no problems with my cheap and small Duroy brush that has short bristles. Black is not quite intense black as the Maybelline one which is best ds but thicker and dries out faster. Zero smudging by the end of the day with this and little with Maybelline on outer corners of lower lashline. For now I have also Graphite shimmer which is a good alternative to black and looks good with my eye colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

So, I put a 3 for price. Here's the thing - these pots last forever. So I think that $22 for a product that will last for months is a fair price.

I am never content with products. Even when I find one I like, I compulsively try new products. With gel liners though, I've never found one I've been happy with until now. I vehemently disliked Estee Lauder's, which is funny since EL owns BB, and bought this one after seeing the MUA reviews. My mom and I had seen a special on BB a few months ago and I had been curious about her cosmetics since. I signed up for her deal alerts, she finally had one and I used it as an excuse to get the Black Ink/Black Mauve combo.

That done - really happy with this and no urges to buy gel liners since I got it. The duo thingy I got came with a mini brush that doesn't look like it should work, but it does for application. It won't apply a super thin line, but will apply a nice line (and I never do a super thin line anyway). For fun I put it on at night, let it set, then RUBBED my eyes. It held up really well. I had to wet a tissue and scrub a bit to get it to start coming off, which for a non-waterproof product is great. Also, it doesn't flake off which was my problem with the EL gel liner.

Also applies well with the Sonia Kasuk (I think I destroyed that spelling) brushes at Target. Going to experiment with some others as well, will update if I find another good one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

I was so miffed when I got this at first. It just kept smearing on my eyelids.

Then I found out how to make this last longer (thanks to gossmakeupartist). After applying the liner, I pull a tissue apart and dab it onto the eyeliner.

Warning: this method takes the shine and intensity off the liner, but at least I don't have to toss this out before I finish using it.