Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 1/16/2014 10:21:00 PM

This is a HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Let me repeat, HORRIBLE product! I do not understand all the hype about it!! In fact, it is so horrible that it led me to post my very first review on this website because I feel like I need to warn others about how horrible this product is!!

When you first apply it, it applies wonderfully, smooth and pigmented. However, in less than 15 minutes, it starts to smudge. And by "smudge," I mean MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A PANDA. I have absolutely no problem with any other eyeliners doing this to me, and I would not say that my eyelids are oily in any way, but this product just smudges like crazy!!

I do not understand why there is so much hype about it, as I asked my friends who also have this product and they have all told me that it also causes the same problem for them. Therefore I do NOT recommend this product. DO NOT BUY.

And it is quite expensive as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was hesitant to try this product as some claim it dries out quickly. I have owned it for four months and it is just fine thus far. Typically, I replace mascaras every three months and will most likely replace this gel liner every six. Only for sanitary reasons because I am just that way with products that come that close to my eye. This gel liner is fabulous. It applies nicely, evenly and is long-lasting. It is great for tightlining when using the right brush. Unfortunately Bobbi Brown liner brushes do not work for me. Note that I do own and love many of Bobbi Brown's brushes, it is just her liner brushes that don't do the job for me. I own the gel in Black Ink (my favorite), in Espresso (also nice and not as dramatic as the black), Chocolate and Chocolate Shimmer. I doubt I will replace the chocolates, but the other two are great! I use Lancome BiFacils to remove eye makeup. I like that when it is time to take this off, I don't have to rub to remove it. It is great! I find I use it more often than pencils now and I prefer it to my Chanel cake liner as it is the easiest product for tightlining the eye! Does not irritate my sensitive eyes and that is a big deal for me!!!

on 12/4/2013 12:29:00 PM

I just had to post a rave for Bobbi Brown gel liner in Dark Chocolate which unfortunately was limited edition when she recently launched her chocolate collection. This Dark Chocolate is the black brown I have been searching for since a very old pencil liner from Mary Kay named Black Walnut from at least three decades ago! Dark Chocolate is completely matte and not just a deep brown. I don't own Espresso to compare, but tried it once this summer it arrived melted from UPS so I returned it (not knowing this would have been OK) however I think this new Dark Chocolate may have had more black in it otherwise I would have exchanged my Espresso for another and would have never tried this limited edition shade. Holy Trail, I just hope Bobbi brings this back someday in the future.

on 11/25/2013 10:31:00 AM

Spectacular liner!!!! Not a fan of the brush that is recommended with it. As a make up artist I've tried them all. This is top notch ladies. Well worth the investment!!! Cobalt blue on brown eyes is my FAV!!!

on 11/20/2013 10:57:00 PM

Long lasting and very easy to apply. I have bought this 3 times already. Have not found a gel eyeliner better than this one.

on 11/13/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After buying this product twice, the first time in black and another in brown I have decided that Im not the biggest fan.

Mainly due to the fact that this product dries out so quickly! I'm careful with my gel eyeliners, always making sure the lid is screwed back on after use.

I use this eye liner every day and after about 3 weeks of usage, its dried and began to crack.
The wear is ok.

I've also tried Inglot, Shiseido and MAC gel eyeliners and for the price, I think you are better off shopping around first.

on 11/2/2013 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner.

I always thought liquid eye liners were a tad too heavy, althogh I liked the look. Sometimes pencils just don't do the trick, they can be a bit to shadow-y. But I purchased this on Gloss.com along with the MAC fine eye liner brush and I am very happy with the results! It is so long wearing, I take it off with Almay Eye Make Up Remover Lotion. It has great pigment and you can apply it with a light or firm hand depending on how dramatic a look you want. I use very light, sweeping strokes across my top lash line and a touch in the outer corner, while using a white pencil liner in the inner corner to make my eyes look bigger without drawing attention to my makeup. I love the elegant glass pot in comes in.

The packaging is wonderful and I recommend.

on 10/28/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have very small eyelids that occasionally get bigger when I'm extremely tired. This product works very well! It's easy to shape without smudging, but these days...I've been finding that my eyeliner has been feathering out by the end of the day so that it looks like i have raccoon eyes. I hope I'm just wearing it wrong, because I really do like the product..

on 10/27/2013 9:24:00 PM

I read the reviews on this site about the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and I knew I had to try it. I used to use Lancome Artliner pens with mixed success. I prefer liquid liner to pencil because it goes on better (I always have trouble with pencils "tugging" on my lids) and it lasts longer. However, I had a really hard time putting the Artliner on straight. Eventually I got so-so at applying it. Well, they all finally ran out and I needed to get some new eyeliner. I bought the gel liner in Sepia Ink and LOVED it the first time I put it on! I also purchased the Ultra Fine brush from BB and it works for me very well. The eyeliner goes on very easily and looks great without a lot of painstaking concentration like I needed with the Artliner. The best thing is that is lasts all day without fading, sliding around the eyelid, or flaking off. I immediately purchased the Cobalt Ink, Granite Ink and Violet Ink after trying and loving my first one, Sepia. I highly recommend this product and will buy it again. However, the amount of eyeliner in each pot will likely last for a REALLY LONG time, so I don't know when I'll need to replace it! This makes the $18 price tag more worth it, you are likely to not need to replace it for a year if not longer.

on 10/17/2013 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Honestly, I don't think this lives up to the hype. For the price, it just isn't worth it in my opinion. It's basically the same as the Maybelline gel eyeliner which is quite a bit cheaper. I was really excited to try this but it just was nothing special, really. I think I'll be returning this.