October 24, 2014 | 1503 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Raved

I got this in the color Espresso Ink while I was at Sephora getting my makeup done for prom and I was SO excited! I'd heard really good things about not only this eyeliner, but Bobbi Brown in general and I was really excited to try a "higher end" product (as opposed to my old Maybelline Gel Eyeliner).

It's amazing, definitely better than the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner! The dark brown color is perfect for a dark but more subtle look than say the black eyeliner. I use this eyeliner as both an eyeliner, AND to fill in my eyebrows. It's the perfect match and it stays for most of the day. Obviously if you're sweating bullets its bound to wear off a little, but I've been able to wear it all day on a day that I've gone hiking, swimming, biking, and to work with only minor (probably unnecessary tbh) touch-ups. I've found that the texture is really sleek and easy to apply, and definitely won't tug on your eyelids. I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply this and it isn't hard at all.

The price is o.k. -- like I definitely would buy it because its worth it, but it did take me a while to convince myself to buy this. The packaging is standard, similar to what the packaging is for most eyeliners but does not come with a little brush like the Maybelline one does. This wasn't really an issue for me though. Definitely something worth trying!

**I am also a contact wearer and this did not irritate my eyes in ANY way!**

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first ever eyeliner I used. I was always afraid to get it wrong, as eyeliner badly applied looks awful. I liked the idea of a gel, as it seemed more manageable than a liquid product.

Besides, there were many shades to choose from and I selected chocolate brown, as black looks too harsh. I was surprised by the ease of use. It is impossible to get it wrong as you can start with a light line and build on it, or leave it light. I love the chocolate shade and since I do not use it every day, it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by minatigerlily

I am on my third pot of Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and I must say after switching from Make Up Forever, it really is a dream. For me this eyeliner is reasonably priced, and very workable compared to the Make Up Forever, which is just too dry for me to even work with(though staying power is better).

I have very specific steps that I have perfected to get the longest wear possible with this liner. First I always prime, then shadow, then using an angled brush apply my first layer of eyeliner. Once it is completely dry lay a thin coat of setting powder over lined areas, and then go over again with gel. If I dont complete these steps I notice it will start to flake off within 5 hours or so, and for me that just doesn't work so I take a little extra prep step and it really pays off. If I know that I am going to be out all day and night I will bring my pot and brush with me for easy application. I tend to wear my eyeliner really thick cat eyes so often my wings will start to fade after 7-8 hours which is not bad, and it is an easy re-application.

I recommend this to everyone, and am anxious to try some of the other fun colors, I usually just stick to black.

TIP: I use an extremely wet brush when applying. It will help get a way smoother line and keep your brush from building up product, and your wiping time will totally decrease. It doesn't effect stay time at all but really just makes application about 1000 times easier. I honestly cannot stress the importance of this enough when using this gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Giiiiiii

This is the BEST GEL EYELINER!! It all started with the black one and now I have these in almost all the shades.

I work long hours so I put this on in the morning and it STAYS ON ALLLL DAY LONG!! It smudge proof and its like a glue!! Its is best applied with an angled eyeliner brush and the small pot can last you for upto 6 months. I wear it everyday (sometimes even on my water line and under the eye).

You will need an eye makeup remover to remove this at night.

I would definitely recommend this product!!

G x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS! I bought the two pack (black and brown) including the brush THREE YEARS AGO and i still havent finished them! They last so long, on the eye and in time. Brown is lovely for daytime and black has enough edge for going out/night time. I bought these in Singapore for about $80 which turns out to be a good deal since youre getting two eyeliners and a brush. Excellente!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Naataliie

I love love love this eyeliner! The only one I've ever used that doesn't smudge or transfer. I have oily eyelids too so it really does stay put. Once I wore this and it poured down with rain and it didn't run whatsoever! I'm also one of those people who forgets that they're wearing makeup and rubs their eyes, and if I'm wearing this eyeliner and I do it, it doesn't smudge at all.

It does tend to flake a little if I load my brush up too much while putting it on.

I have it in the colour espresso ink and it is very dark, almost indistinguishable from black.

EDIT: This eyeliner really is amazing at staying put. I recently had an accident and ended up in emergency. After a very stressful day (crying, probably rubbing my eyes a lot etc.) I was shocked when I finally got home about 12 hours later, looked in the mirror and the eyeliner was still there, it hadn't smudged at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by roestarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have brought both Mac Gel eyeliner and bobbi brown eyeliner and this one definitely wins. I have brought two mac eyeliners and they dried out way too soon before they should even being very cautious of the lid etc but the bobbi brown is lasting a lot longer. Goes on nice and smooth and a must have in the make up kit

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by PaulaCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know everybody loves it, but words can't describe how much I hate this product!

it smudges all over my eye lids and I don't even have oily skin, so I don't understand how everybody loves it so much, because I had try to love it but its hasn't work out for me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very happy with this eyeliner. I was looking for an eyeliner to wear for an on stage belly dance performance and I decided on this one. It worked really well for the performance. I think it is a great eyeliner, goes on smoothly and last a long time. Unfortunately my eyes are extremely hooded, basically my eyeliner is resting against my eyelid all day and on top of that my lids are pretty oily, so there is some transference throughout the day. I also bought the MAC fluidline in Blacktrack and I prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I noticed it tends to dry out easily, a trick I learned from Gossmakeupartist on youtube is to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and presto, back to almost new consistency. Very good liner but a hefty price tag, I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend for a good eyeliner, I know some girls can use drugstore ones without them smudging, lucky girls...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by mhristova

I loved this product. I got the Espresso Ink colour and I absolutely adore it. It is not too dark, but if you apply a bit more of it, you can get the night look, but it is also great for the day - it is not too obvious, but it contours you eyes in a great way. The packaging is good, it will certainly last me a long time, even though I use it everyday. It is a bit more expensive than MAC's eyeliner, but I just love the colours in Bobbi Brown