Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 3/8/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This latest incarnation is not the same as the old formula, while it is more forgiving and easier to apply , it no longer has the longevity or the blackness of the original formula. L'Oreal, Maybelline and any number of drugstore brands work equally well. I have heard that Tarte makes a very good one, but for now I will stick with the Fran Wison cake liner and my Joradana $2.99 felt tip liner, which by the way is far and away the best felt liner whether luxury or well known drugstore brands. Back it goes and thank god sephora has a great return policy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have maybe dry skin with an oily t-zone. But after hours, my eyes do get oily. I put on a primer to combat this. Bobby brown's gel eyeliner, wow it does everything and more. I'm skeptical of buying high-end makeup because a lot of times, it doesn't live up to the hype. This does and I'm hella cheap, so it was a big purchase for me. But I use it every chance I get, I use it to make the cutest wings and it's a rich color. Also lasts longer than most gel eyeliners, I've had mine about more than 3 months (time you're supposed to throw it out). But It's still creamy and doesn't irritate my eyes. That rich creamy black is awesome, try it. You probably can't go back to buying an alternative after this. It's amazing, truly worthy of the award.

on 2/17/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I expected a lot of great things from this eyeliner, but was pretty disappointed. The colour isn't as black as I like in an eye liner, and it goes on okay but would probably be better for a smudged smokey look than a clean, sharp winged liner look. It's not terrible but for the price I was hoping for better. In all honesty the maybeline gel liner is just as good and is far far cheaper.

on 2/12/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this gel eyeliner, it is long lasting and goes on smoothly with a brush. The little pot of color is easily packable. I have the Sepia Ink color which is a medium brown. I apply the eyeliner with the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner brush and it works very well. I can apply this liner in the morning and it stays put all day until I remove it. I even use it to fill in my browns. A word of warning: make sure you close the top tightly or the gel will dry out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just ran out of my old one that i had for almost two years, i fell in love and decided to buy again. However, this new one smudges...smudges pretty bad. It used to be the only eyeliner that can stay for hours but at this rate, i won't be buying it again.

on 2/4/2014 5:27:00 PM

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used. Once I mastered application, it was wonderful. TIP: always keep the container tightly closed or it will try up.

I found this smudged and gave me panda eyes. I don't have oily eyelids, and have used MAC, Estée Lauder and L'oreal versions with no trouble. Went on beautifully, and was a wonderful strong colour, just didn't like me!

on 1/24/2014 7:47:00 AM

Black, easy to work with, doesn't dry up, and stays in place longer than Mac fluid line. But still smudges on my extremely oily lids =\ Very pricy.

on 1/16/2014 10:21:00 PM

This is a HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Let me repeat, HORRIBLE product! I do not understand all the hype about it!! In fact, it is so horrible that it led me to post my very first review on this website because I feel like I need to warn others about how horrible this product is!!

When you first apply it, it applies wonderfully, smooth and pigmented. However, in less than 15 minutes, it starts to smudge. And by "smudge," I mean MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A PANDA. I have absolutely no problem with any other eyeliners doing this to me, and I would not say that my eyelids are oily in any way, but this product just smudges like crazy!!

I do not understand why there is so much hype about it, as I asked my friends who also have this product and they have all told me that it also causes the same problem for them. Therefore I do NOT recommend this product. DO NOT BUY.

And it is quite expensive as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was hesitant to try this product as some claim it dries out quickly. I have owned it for four months and it is just fine thus far. Typically, I replace mascaras every three months and will most likely replace this gel liner every six. Only for sanitary reasons because I am just that way with products that come that close to my eye. This gel liner is fabulous. It applies nicely, evenly and is long-lasting. It is great for tightlining when using the right brush. Unfortunately Bobbi Brown liner brushes do not work for me. Note that I do own and love many of Bobbi Brown's brushes, it is just her liner brushes that don't do the job for me. I own the gel in Black Ink (my favorite), in Espresso (also nice and not as dramatic as the black), Chocolate and Chocolate Shimmer. I doubt I will replace the chocolates, but the other two are great! I use Lancome BiFacils to remove eye makeup. I like that when it is time to take this off, I don't have to rub to remove it. It is great! I find I use it more often than pencils now and I prefer it to my Chanel cake liner as it is the easiest product for tightlining the eye! Does not irritate my sensitive eyes and that is a big deal for me!!!